Just Call Me Yogi

Have you ever had a night when you’re exhausted, but you can’t sleep?

Ugh. That was so me last night. I was so tired, but finally crawled into bed and laid there awake for over 2 hours. I’m blaming it on the “blue light” or whatever they call that from computers. You know they say you’re supposed to turn off all electronics 2 hours before you go to bed? I can’t remember the last time I actually did that.

So today, I’m in survival mode. Not the best day to be in survival mode as I have a bazillion classes to teach, but you work with what you’ve got I guess.

I’m just going to focus on the positive things, like this awesome package of chia from The Chia Company. Can’t wait to sprinkle this stuff all over everything! He he.

And my dark chocolate peppermint mocha that’s in the making.

Like the title of this post?

Just in case you’re not sure, you’re supposed to read that to the tune of the song “Call Me Maybe”. Yes?

I’ve really been wanting to incorporate more yoga into my life. I tried last weekend with those Tara Styles yoga DVDs. Yesterday, well, I just dressed the part instead.

Pretty much the same thing, right?

I got this awesome outfit awhile back from Yogi Clothing.

So awesome in fact I’ve been saving it for a special occasion. Do you ever do that with clothes?

I almost wore it as my Christmas outfit, but decided against it at the last minute. It’s that fashionable though. I guess the nice people knew I needed some fashion help. Ha ha.

I got this cute Cozy Yoga Cardigan Wendy,

(I guess I need some help ironing clothes too. Oops.)

these Wild Leg Rollover Yoga Pants

and this Yoga Activewear Surplus Tank.

Check out how cute the back is.

I know, fancy workout gear, right?

Well, since I didn’t get to my yoga workout I was planning yesterday I decided to wear this cute outfit to church.

My favorite part about the cardigan is the cool layer underneath.

And hey, I like the back so much I braved the cold California weather to show it off (with a little help of course). Ha ha.

The clothes are darn comfortable.

I think STUFT Daddy must have liked my new outfit too because he even let us go to Trader Joe’s for a “quick trip” on our way home.

He even took my picture for me. What a guy.

By the way, we are very lucky we haven’t been thrown out of this particular Trader Joe’s. We reek havoc when we go in there. The boys and baby carts are not good together.

One of my favorite things about Trader Joe’s? They charge per squash instead of per pound. Too bad they don’t carry kabocha squash. I found the hugest spaghetti squash I could though. Ha ha.

I also bought this Himalayan Sea Salt because I’ve heard people talk about it.

Now I don’t know what to do with it. Anyone have any information on it? Why is it better?

Okay, gotta go. I need to figure out some new songs to play for my spin class. The poor people have been listening to the same music for a little too long. If I get my act together I’ll share my playlist on here.

Oh and I’m so wearing this tank top again today since I only wore it a couple hours last night. The day is looking up already. Ha.

Happy Monday!

Is anyone else in survival mode?

Comments

Tiffany says:

I have used Pink Himalayan Salt when I did a cleanse and at first I was like “salt is salt!” But apparently it is not as processed as table salt and it contains many of the natural trace minerals your body needs for function. I did a blog post on it awhile back on while it is good for you. It is the only salt I use now, although I rarely feel the need to flavor my food. Unless it is with hot sauce. Must have hot sauce.

Love those yoga clothes! So cute!!! And I love that you went to church in them too. LOL!

lindsay says:

totally works for church! super cute. and hope you get some extra rest, i feel ya. that happened to me Saturday!

Hi! Just found your blog after clicking through on a Greatist post. :) I just bought that same sea salt from TJ’s . . . supposedly Himalayan sea salt contains more minerals than other salts, because it hasn’t been as processed. The grinder on mine is really difficult to use though. But I do prefer sea salt over regular now–I think it has a nicer flavor.

Kim Hodges says:

That outfit would be perfect attire at our church! Love it!

And yes, in survival mode, big time! Wonderful side effect of peri-menopause! ;p I’ve had 8 or so hours of sleep the past 3 nights, and with a 6 mile long training run yesterday for my first half, I am beat! Tell me how you do it!!

I got those same pants from Yogi Clothing and they are my absolute favorite thing to wear around the house – or even out for drinks. I’m wearing the sweater I got from them right now too. Seriously awesome and comfy stuff, right?!

very cute yoga outfit!! love those tara stiles dvds

That outfit is super cute! Love it! I am on early mornings this week with training so I’m trying to take my melatonin and get relaxed so I can actually sleep well. I got up at 4:30am to train a client this morning. We will see how far my sleep takes me throughout the day…

I hope you have a great one and try to get some sleep soon!

Ugh, I had the same kind of night, except I fell right asleep but woke up at 4:30 and never fell back to sleep. Power through, mama! That outfit is adorable- I love that you wore it to church! Sounds like something I would do. I keep saying I’ll incorporate more yoga but I’m terrible at making it happen.

eilizabeth says:

I had to get up at 4:15 to take my husband to the airport, but a low battery in one of our fire alarms woke us up at 3am! We went back to bed for a bit and then got up and headed out into minus 20 degree weather to the airport. I’m pretty spaced out today. I usually sleep fine, except sometimes for one night during PMS.
    Hope your teaching goes okay today.

Do you prefer white or dark chia seed? I usually buy white, but am not sure there is any difference.
    Speaking of squash, I made a kabocha soup yesterday that is very simple and good, do you like soup? I didn’t do the toppings, you could add more serrano to make it extra spicy for you!, I don’t know if you eat rice though? http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/pumpkin-and-rice-soup-recipe.html

Kabocha soup? Sounds awesome! And…. I don’t prefer one chia over the other. I love them both. They say there isn’t a difference anyway. Thanks for the link!

Lindsay says:

I wish my grocery store charged per squash instead of per pound! I would find the biggest ones I could every time! Loving your yoga gear, too!

Maria says:

Super cute outfit! I love it! I have been in survival mode for a few days now,got a lot going on in my head right now so I totally feel for ya…hang in there!

CoMo says:

Man oh man, what I’d give to have arms like yours! Your arms are beautiful! I have started a free weight routine with my hub and hope to have 1/4th the strength and definition you have in your arms and shoulders! Your hard work has truly paid off!

Survival mode…yeah, I know it well. I have four daughters, and a busy active life and work full time….I get it! Hang in there lady!

morgan says:

i love that pink salt! i have my sister send it up to me from the states as we don’t have Trader Joes here. i just love the taste of it. Joe’s also makes a grinder called coffee chocolate something- she bought it by accident one year & sent it up- amazing!!! its like a sprinkle of heaven on almond ice cream :)

I love that about TJ’s too (the squash deal). And I’m literally drooling over your box of Chia goodness… is that weird? ;)

lorie says:

That outfit is what I call my uniform…hehe! I am always in comfy workout clothes since I teach many classes as well. Please share your playlist, I am always looking for good music for spin. Have any new things you are doing in your class? Love your workouts as well, keep them coming.

Oh thanks Lorie. Okay, I’ll share my playlist and what I do with each song when I get it together. That will make me plan it out well so it’ll be a win win. :)

Jennifer Mykytiuk says:

I didn’t get much sleep last night, was super tired… And found myself making poor choices starting with the VENTI Carmel macchiato with extra vanilla full-sugar-syrup! Opps! So every time I am tired and tempted to make poor choices I think of you talking about how it is easier to make poor food choices when you are tired and I try to make better choices… After the venti coffee.. I mean that was a necessity, right? Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!

Yes, it was a necessity. Oh, I am the WORST at making poor choices when I’m tired and stressed. Ugh. It’s a battle every day. :) Are you loving watching Bob?

1. [...] wore the same shirt as the day before. I didn’t have the energy to run after teaching all my classes, but did manage [...]