I Didn’t Run

Nope. Didn’t run yesterday.

But, I did teach a couple (4 actually) classes:

spin, Y50X (a HIIT class), step aerobics and a strength training class

I could’ve probably dragged myself on the treadmill when I finally got done at 7:30 pm, but I didn’t. I figured it was better to give myself a break and run a little longer today instead and it was time to get home to STUFT Daddy and the boys.

Hey look at that, I made a good decision for once.

So I didn’t run, but I did do some other things that I feel like mentioning.

I wore the same shirt as the day before. I didn’t have the energy to run after teaching all my classes, but did manage to take some unflattering post workout pictures.

Multifunctional Yogi Clothing tank- from the church, to Trader Joe’s, to the gym the next day. Ha.

I’ve been craving chocolate mint like crazy lately which is kind of weird since I’ve never been a huge mint chocolate fan (until now). Since I’m out of Torani sugar free peppermint syrup, my dark chocolate peppermint mocha yesterday morning was made with 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract and some stevia packets instead.

It turned out very minty, but I think I might like it a bit better than the original.

I opened this new jam I found in the pantry. I don’t know where I got it or how long it’s been sitting in there, but it’s my new favorite.

It goes especially well on a breakfast STUFTwich. Look at that, it’s not even sugar free.

I also ate two kabocha squashes. That’s right, two in one day. They were small ones and I burnt them.

I also ate two habaneros with my dinner, which I actually did not burn for a change.

I even did a little experiment and roasted some spinach just like I do with non dairy kale chips.

It kind of worked. Some of them turned out better than others, but it’s definitely worth revisiting. Look at my cute little spinach chip.

Look at my favorite marinara sauce from Costco while I’m at it.

Well fine, look at this huge mess of a dinner I threw together at 9:45 pm too.

No ginormous bowl of roasted brussel sprouts and broccoli slaw is complete these days without a toasted grain free garlicky microwave muffin (or disc, whatever) on the side.

I was lazy last night so I ditched my usual double Vitatop, creamy dreamy ice cream dessert for a Trader Joe’s Soy Dreamy sandwich and one of these See’s Mint suckers.

They last so freaking long by the way. I really like them.

Okay, cheers to Tuesday. The boys and I have a few miles to cover today.

Have a good one!

Comments

yum..I love the hot and sweet mix together…have you tried the chile spiced mango at trader joe’s? yum!

;-)

Lindsay says:

That big bowl looks delicious! I’m putting it on my calendar this week to try your broccoli slaw :D

I hope you have a great one today my friend!

ummm i re-wear my clothes (yes workout clothes) all the time. i’m gross, i suppose haha. and spinach chips?? genius!!

I LOVE See’s lollipops. They are the best. The cafe latte is my favorite, followed closely by the seasonal cinnamon. Yum. And I love the tank you wore for two days–super cute–I’d wear it all the time too. :)

Good for you to listen to your body and just go with it! I’m sure teaching four classes and two toddlers wiped you out enough as it is. I love that yoga top! I totally re-wear my workout clothes before washing them too. You’re just going to get sweaty again, so why not, right? ;)

Katie says:

How do you format your Y50X class? I teach a similar format and would love some ideas!!

Katie- I do three circuits of five moves each and go through twice. I can post a couple on the blog if you want. :) What do you teach?

• Katie says:

I teach a BLAST class and power hour, both are HIIT classes that mix cardio bursts, strength moves, and core conditioning in under an hour! I’m always looking for new ideas though :) .

Love your combo’s of food, I do the exact same thing, the more in one bowl, the better! My boyfriend makes so much fun of me but there’s so many good flavor combo’s to try!

Julie @ Sweetly Balanced says:

Yumm those kale chips look good!!! Also, I think since you taught four classes its okay that you didn’t run!!

I want to try that sucker!!!

Cassie B says:

Ok! I had to laugh about your shirt! I’m wearing the workout jacket I put on after my workout this morning to WORK. I run the front desk at a mortgage company…..NOT exactly work wear! ;-) But I was cold and I’m wearing it under another sweater! Just wanted to let you know you aren’t alone with your workout clothes in the normal world!

kalli says:

good for you for taking time for yourself and your family and not running :) also quick question….how in the heck do you cut up your squash before it is cooked?

Tiffany says:

Love! And I seriously need to get on board with Kabocha squashes. Because you make them look really yummy!

I love peppermint mochas as well! Hands down my fav kind of latte. I’m actually making peppermint-hot-cocoa-cupcakes with my girl Betty Crocker tonight. Also a huge spinach fanatic and am looking forward to trying it roasted…. you have great taste! :)

Lisa says:

I totally re-wear my workout clothes. Well, I guess it depends what I do the day before. I love your spinach chips! I’ve done that with spinach, and they’re a lot harder to make chip like compared to kale, they always seem to get stuck to the tinfoil! =Obviously I’m a huge kabocha fan. I ate one yesterday. It’s the greatest.

Love the tank top that can even be worn to church!!!

eilizabeth says:

That sounds like a lot of classes to teach in one day!
    I made the almond milk mocha with peppermint extract and stevia, good! I like that the peppermint made it seem less sweet. My milk wasn’t frothy though, since I don’t have a frother. Do you still recommend that Bonjour electric frother? Do you ever use soymilk for your mocha? I wonder if the froth is better than almond milk. I might have to buy one. Have you tried making peppermint, “creamy dreamy ice cream”?, might go well with your choc vita tops.

Totally recommend the hand frother. Love it and it’s cheap. And yes, soy milk does froth better than almond milk, but each soy milk is different. Nope, never made peppermint ice cream. Now I might have to. :)

• eilizabeth says:

I like soymilk if its organic, but it has more calories than almond milk, which I prefer for most things. Unsweetened organic Silk is good for coffee, but I don’t think they have an organic light milk.

eilizabeth says:

Do you have a favorite scoop for your pb ball cookies? I noticed you make them perfectly round. I put my first batch in the freezer and ended up eating them all myself, one or two a day, so good, I love pb cookies from the freezer! Not sure I should make them again since the same thing will happen, but if I do, I’d like to use the cute little ball maker. Should I look for a certain size and brand on Amazon? I’ve had two little dough scoopers and I bent the hinge on them both and they are long gone.

Tiffany says:

How in the world do you always roast your veggies so beautifully? I have an oven and a toaster over… can I roast in any of those? YUM!