Just Chatting Stroller Runs, Target and Eats

Eeekk…. I got so distracted reading other blogs and random stuff during my late night “office hours” just now. Why does that happen?

Tuesday Workout:

Taught a 45 minute BOSU class

Ran 9 or so slow miles with my hefty running buddies

I had intended on getting a little speed work done on the treadmill before teaching my class, but It took us over 30 minutes to actually get out the door this morning so that plan went to the crapper. Which is funny, because if someone would just use “the crapper” rather than having lovely mishaps, we might get places on time for a change.

Yes, this is my life.

Some mornings I know I’m going to run hard and I have to mentally prepare for the workouts when I start my day. I thought that was going to be today, but things happen. Life with toddlers happens. I had to change my plan of attack and decided I was just going to run about 8 miles today with the stroller and not care how long it took.

I’m not going to lie, sometimes when I’m running with the stroller that first mile notification on my Nike+ app seems similar to the mile 1 marker in marathons. It’s just a tease. Running with a stroller just isn’t easy. I had to remind myself a few times at the beginning of the run that I’m blessed to even be able to run with the stroller, that I’m lucky my boys love it and that I had an amazingly beautiful day to be outside.

My darn GPS was off and when I knew I was supposed to turn and had ran about 4 miles, it said I was only at 3.6 miles. Instead of turning around, I kept going even though I knew the GPS was wrong. I ended up going an extra mile (and having to make one additional pee stop for a certain someone).

Favorite part of the run was looking at these cute yellow flowers and going downhill for about 2 miles. Least favorite was going back up that same darn long hill.

(I have a Jay Leno chin thing going on there. I’m not sure what that’s about. No offense Jay.)

Speaking of stroller running, it probably wouldn’t be that bad if I didn’t have to lug around a ton of extra things with us (snacks, wipes, extra clothes, water, etc.).

We may have been a little over the weight limit. Hmmm…. I should probably look into that.

The boys and I braved the mall afterwards without the stroller. Not the brightest idea.

But, we scored in Target. Yep, that’s right. We have a Target at the mall. We just got a new three story one with escalators for your cart.

How cool is that?

So cool.

You know what else is cool? You can fit a regular size cart in the big bathroom stall.

Oh and yeah, I guess that’s how the “cool kids” wear their hats these days.

Let’s see, here’s some eats from the day just in case you care. I used my last two kabocha squashes this morning.

It was sad. I ate them both in this ginormous bowl of roasted kabocha squash (roasted burnt with cinnamon, stevia, pumpkin pie spice and my favorite cocoa powder).

I really need to get that video up of how we make it. I actually should be doing that now rather than boring you with all this other nonsense. Oops.

Oh well, I topped the squash with vanilla dream protein frosting, PB2, chia, coconut oil, almond butter and SunButter. Yep. All that because I was indecisive so I just went for them all. Now I’m going to see how long I can stay away from the store and not buy more squash. It’s a little test. I’m hoping to make it a week, but I’m not sure I can go that long.

I also had the same dark chocolate peppermint mocha variation as yesterday to start the day off.

Oh and I guess I should disclose that while I’ve been hogging the new Hot Oats over here, they boys have been eating these.

I know they’re not the healthiest choice, but they have actual dinosaur eggs that “hatch” into little dinosaurs when the hot water mixes in. It’s pretty darn exciting.

I tried out a new chocolate peanut butter Pro-Crunch Lite bar from GNC after my run earlier.

I didn’t even know they made these, but I got a fun little shipment in the mail the other day. It was the prefect snack to get me through the afternoon (AKA- our trip to Target).

Later this evening STUFT Daddy and I were talking about dinner. I asked him if he wanted roasted veggies to go with cheesy bread. He asked me if I was going to roast vegetables for myself.

Silly silly silly.

And….. I ended the night the same way I started the day, only it was an almond milk peppermint hot chocolate rather than a mocha.

And now, well, now instead of answering a bazillion emails, I’m going to bed. Wait, I’m starting the dishwasher and then going to bed.

I’ll try not to be so “Chatty Cathy” in my next post. That’s not cool, but I just can’t help it sometimes.

Have you ever been to a Target with more than one floor?

By the way, do you know that Target prices are different at different stores?

Comments

Carrie says:

I LOVE that Target!! I know which one you’re talking about and visit it often. :-)

I’ve never thought to dust my kabocha squash with a bit of cocoa! Great idea. That’s all I need though–more ways and reasons to eat kabocha, right? lol. :)

That Target looks awesome! Never heard of Target in the mall, partiularly with an elevator for the carts. Hope today is great!

Yes…and I don’t like that…Target in Edina. (where my husband works is higher priced….sure the residents their have more money but some times us poorer folks are driving by and happen to stop and shop too…..and then again ….why charge more on the same item just b/c you know others can afford it??? Yea….that makes me kind of mad….but you asked right? hahaha!) BTW….we live about 30 minutes south of Edina so we get the cheaper prices at Target. ;-) Score one for southern suburb living I guess.

i cannot believe you run that far with toddler twins! well i can because you are a freakin’ rockstar, but holy cow!! i got winded trying to take my nephew for a WALK in a stroller around the neighborhood!! i went to that san fran target that is three floors and was like awesomesauce! st louis only has one level – lame!

I don’t know how you run with all that weight! I would totally have to get some mental mojo going with that run! I remember that dinosaur oatmeal from when my guys were little. They loved it!

I hope you got some sleep last night and that it’s an amazing day for you! Big hugs my friend!

Christina says:

The Dinosaur Eggs oatmeal is my daughter’s favorite lately … I try getting her to eat the regular ones or slightly healthier versions, but this one became a stickler for now *sigh*. Better than Captain Crunch, right? ;)

Becky Przy says:

I can’t believe your stroller–that thing is packed! :-) I think that is a strength training workout too.

Yep, I love multi-leveled Targets (and the shopping cart escalator) We have 2 Targets that are about 5 miles apart and one is cheaper–drives me nuts since the ‘expensive’ one is in the mall and I tend to be there more often.

Miz says:

I CAINT IMAGINE a time when nine miles for me would be no big deal :-)

Kimberly says:

You can be chatty any time ;)

I still have tried your squash dish with protein frosting…I need to gosh!

Most of the Targets in ATL are 2-3 floors. And that cart escalator fascinates me wayyyy more than it should. :)

Lindsay says:

The escalators for your carts really are the coolest! We have one here at a Publix grocery store. But the first time I did it, I did it wrong. The cart made a screeching noise the whole. way. up. Leave it up to me to be the idiot who can’t maneuver the cart escalator ;) I really have to try your infamous kabocha squash one of these days. It looks so good! Have a great day!!

Samantha says:

Morning! I keep meaning to tell you that I like the garlicky bread recipe…it even easily went vegan. I remember when Seattle got its first multi-level target. The cart feature is kind of funny.

As someone who grew up on instant oatmeal packs (although no dinosaur eggs…I can only imagine the added sugar) and still came out healthy I wouldn’t sweat it too much. :)

Have a great day!

Dang – that stroller run looks tough!!! I never did the stroller running – I just turned into a treadmill junkie when my boys were little!!!
    We made many batches of the dinosaur egg oatmeal!!!!
    Jealous that you can hit the mall and Target at the same time!! And, that 3 story Target – I would probably never get out of there!!!

Natalie says:

Stroller running is hard and that’s why I don’t do it very often, lol.

Different level Targets are neat. I love our Target. I know exactly where everything is. We go there waaaaay too often.

Stephanie says:

I’ve been to the Target in Mission Valley, as well as the one at Grossmont Center, which are both multi-story, but I’ve never used the cart escalator – blew my mind the first time I saw it, though! I live right near a brand new single story Target, so that’s my default, but sometimes you just need to hit up the Tarz right after a dinner at Casa de Pico, and lo and behold, you’re in the Grossmont Target.

I can’t even fathom that there is a multilevel Target. How awesome!

Nicole says:

Keep being a chatty Cathy! I know I speak for other readers – we don’t mind!! :)

Random Question: We were you a big runner before you had twins? My sis-in-law just had twin boys on November 1 and she’s craving to get a workout in….she walks now, but I wonder if running might be in her future?

Kori says:

We live in Nebraska, so it’s either FREEZING cold, or stinkin’ HOT….double stroller runs don’t get to happen as often as we would like, but when we do….boy is it a workout!!! Sometimes I think it’s more of a workout getting everything & everybody ready!!!! Out targets are just normal boring targets….I do however get “lost” in the dollar section….do you have those??? It’s fantastic!

guisella tesoro says:

Kristin:
    You are a very brave mom! I am in Peru, 51 years old, 54Kg. mom of twin boys, now age 14…but when they were 2 years old i cant remember not being tired all the time! you are very lucky that they like the run….soon they will refuse to be in the stroller…I like to read your blog a lot. But I am not a runner or really do any exercise aaaat all, i should though, you are a aource of inspiration woman.

Wow, that is one loaded stroller! It is hard enough with my single. Ok is it bad that I am not excited about potty training for the exact reason you referred to? So selfish of me but it sounds like a lot of work, time cleaning and lots of patience. Ugh. Guess we all get thru it one way or another. And man that squash looks yummy!!

Joy says:

You are such an amazing runner to be able to do that kind of mileage pushing a full stroller!

I don’t have a Target near me (so terrible!) so I always keep a list of things I want to get at Target when I get to one. I have never been to one that has more than one floor and I had no idea different Targets had different prices! What I also want near me is an Ikea. One can dream…

eilizabeth says:

Just made a fresh batch of banana choc chip pizoatie muffins to go with almond milk peppermint hot choc for dessert tonight.

holly says:

For real? Target prices aren’t the same at sll their stores? That stinks. And I don’t have as good excuse as you do to be wearing the same top I slept in and went to date night in shoot and took an excersice walk in.

Glen says:

I get all nostalgic when I see that dinosaur oatmeal! I used to love it as a little kid!

Man, I need you to teach me to cook!! But for now, maybe I should just get some dinosaur oatmeal, that looks so unhealthy but so cool! Eh, we can’t be super clean eating all the time!

Today is going to be one of those days. I’ve run close to 7.5 miles the past two days and will run another today. Legs feel tired, but tomorrow is a rest day (yay).

Will power at night is super tough. I love dessert and it doesn’t even matter if I am hungry, STILL WANT it.

Melissa says:

Oh I hear ya about the crapper!!! If I could get my nearly 4 year old to go on that thing I’d be jumping for joy!! Sometimes it literally takes 30 minutes to get out the door!!! Grrrrr Love him to bits!! Can’t believe you run with a double stroller!! You are awesome!! Loving the squash!

1. [...] 7 miles feels easy, but yesterday for some reason it was a struggle. My legs were darn sore from the hilly stroller run. It just wasn’t fun and I wanted to get off the treadmill after the first mile, but I stayed on [...]