I Need a Bigger Bowl

Thursdays workouts:

AM- 7.5 run on the treadmill- 6 of the miles were at 7:03 mile pace. It was a little rough. I’m pretty sure I called myself “honey” in my head at least 4 times. You know, like “honey, just keep your butt on the treadmill”, “honey, you can do this”, etc.

You talk to yourself too, right?

I stayed on that darn treadmill partly because of my matching outfit.

Nice blurry picture, but didn’t try to take another one. People were staring.

PM- Taught a Y50X class and a strength training class

Sported a new mia brazilia outfit that I got earlier in the day after my run. I got caught at a weak moment and the amazing designer, Kaneta, and I got to chatting a little too much. All her stuff is so so cute. Too bad I couldn’t take a good picture to really show how cute the outfit was.

I had my Handful adjustable bra under there too. Every single day. I either wear a Handful bra or put the pads in whatever workout tank I happen to be wearing. He he. I’m also trying to accept the fact that teaching classes is pretty much my only job now so I better dress nice for the part. Ha ha.

Friday’s workout:

Nada- rest day. I’m really getting good at those.

Okay, so I also want to address this whole issue from the other day really quickly. Thank you Madison for this video, by the way. Hilarious.

Um……. uncomfortable. He he.

I only shared my little interaction on here because I was thinking about it and can’t help but put it all there for the whole blog world to see. That being said, I totally have a pooch (thanks to being pregnant with twins and post pregnancy diastasis). I purposely do a good job of hiding it, especially on this little blog. Someday maybe I’ll reveal it, but until then I’m going to keep wearing my Spanx. I have no plans on changing the way I eat nor do I let those kind of comments from others affect me. It actually humbles me in a way and makes me just that much more thankful for the little miracle babies that I have.

I also think it’s important to show others that you can be fit and a marathoner and still have situations like this and problem areas that other people notice. Whatever. That’s life. No one is perfect. And thank goodness, right? We should focus on the things we do like and are blessed with and go with it.

Okay, enough of that.

I just didn’t want to give off the wrong impression and sometimes in blogland words don’t come out the right way.

Hey, I think next time someone asks me if I’m expecting that I should tell them I’m just bloated from too much squash or that it’s gas. Wouldn’t the be awesome? Ha ha.

Moving on.

Seriously, I need a bigger bowl.

I roasted up pretty much any vegetable I could find Thursday night. Non dairy kale chips and broccoli slaw BBQ bake style.

I topped them all with a bunch of hot sauces

and viola.

So so good. I followed it with this ginormous bowl of creamy dreamy ice cream over two Vitatops.

I even thought about crumbling a little chocolate breakfast biscuit on there, but managed to talk myself out of it and wasn’t sure it would fit in my bowl. He he.

Yesterday morning, after a little family breakfast and the hugest savory breakfast STUFTwich ever (on the grain free microwave English muffin with some turkey bacon)

we went on an impromptu family trip to the zoo.

Luckily we had someone who was really concerned with the map because someone else was only concerned with going anywhere and everywhere that was off limits or had a “do not enter” sign.

IMG_9152IMG_9154IMG_9159

This was our only workout yesterday. Joaquin got the good ride.

Judah got stuck with mama.

Good thing we had our Mizuno running shoes on.

Oh yeah, still sporting the old race tag. Ha ha.

Our last little adventure was this sky ride.

IMG_9161IMG_9162IMG_9163IMG_9164

And it’s always that one last little adventure that leads to finishing off the trip the only way we know how.

Ha ha. Judah dropped his hat off that sky ride. I’m pretty sure we saw a sign that said it was a $500 fine or 6 months in jail if you drop things or spit from the ride. That’s not good. It also wasn’t easy trying to convince him we could go home without his hat. Fingers crossed they find it for us. I wonder what the chances are?

Ha.

Happy Saturday. I’m off to teach a little boot camp this fine morning.

Comments

LOL love that video! Some people…!!

Glad you guys had a nice little family day! Looks like a fun time! Your boys are too cute.

Some people I run with keep their race tags on their shoes for good luck! So it’s completely normal in the running world :)

My belly is my “trouble” spot too and although it sometimes bothers me in swimsuit season (stupid vanity), it’s not enough that I’m going to starve myself to get rid of it. Life’s too short and if we make most of the right choices to stay healthy, that’s good enough for me right now. :)

Samantha says:

I have totally seen that commercial and love it. :)

I hope the hat surfaces (with no fine).

Elaine says:

Hi…I have been reading your blog for awhile now, but never commented. I never had kids and I totally have a pooch. But I have lost (and gained and lost) large amounts of weight over the years. I have come to accept that I will never be pooch-less with surgery, and I cannot see that happening in the near future. I do my best to hide it and go on. Negative comments are unavoidable sometimes, but that’s the wonderful thing about getting older…I care less and less what people have to say about me!

So true Elaine. I care less as I get older also. And hey, at least a pooch is fairly easy to hide, right? other areas might not be as easy. Thanks for the comment! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

Elaine says:

ok, that should be I will never be pooch-less WITHOUT surgery. That’s what I get for not proofreading before I post!

Elle says:

Love love the zoo. One of my favorite ways to spend a lovely sunny day. Fun.

And thanks for the reminder that we don’t have to be perfect. !!

I think you look amazing!!! So funny that you talked about your “problem” spot today. Yesterday, I mentioned mine but also the fact that I’m OK with my body as it is! Maybe it is a Mom thing or maturity – who knows?
    I love the names of your boys!!!! Looks like an incredible zoo!!

I have a pooch and no twins…just three kiddos at 3 different times. ;-) All it takes are a few “extra” calories and the pooch becomes a kangaroo pouch.

Seriously, though…I think you are in amazing shape…I would take your body (pooch and all) to have your energy, muscle, and stamina to run marathons like you do. Next time answer the lovely question with , “No, I am not pregnant but did you know you have a foot in your mouth?” hahaha!

Aww I LOVE the zoo!!! Looks like a great day with your family

That looks like such a fun day at the zoo!!

Thanks for being so honest with your trouble spot…I think we all have them. You are so lucky to be so close to the San Diego zoo. I love that place!!

Lisa says:

I like the way you approached that situation! I like that attitude. No one’s perfect we all have our parts that we wish we could change, but you’re right you have two little miracles and that’s all the matters:) I still thing you look incredible. Aw, I want to go to the zoo haha. I love it, it looks like a ton of fun!

Linda says:

Oh No not the ND hat :( My 3 year old would have had a fit.

I know, right Linda? I already miss him wearing it and screaming “Notre Dame to the rescue”. :( Poor guy. Still hasn’t surfaced, but he hasn’t mentioned it for awhile.

I heart you. You inspire me to make my desserts more exciting than a bar of chocolate. Just sayin. <3

I could ALWAYS use a bigger bowl! Da bigger da BETTA

That commercial is hilarious and remember seeing it the first time and totally laughed out loud. I think you should tell the person who asks you this again that it’s from too much squash. That would be hilarious. Enjoy your weekend and talk soon! XOXO

Karen says:

My tummy will never be flat ever again and hasn’t been in years. I had two C-Sections to have two nearly 10 pound boys and I wouldn’t trade it for the flattest tummy in the world. I love my boys and am happy and proud to be their mom. Definitely worth trading in the flat tummy for. Bodies are so amazing.

I’m with you Karen. I would take my puffy tummy and my pointy belly button (that Joaquin has called a “penis” more than once) ANY DAY for my sweet sweet boys. A 10-pounder huh? Awesome!

• Karen says:

Yes, they were mighty big boys. Brian weighed 13lb 8oz at his three week check up. Ha! Ha! And both boys were exclusively breast fed.
        Rock on mommies with Mommy Tummies!
        We are the fortunate ones for sure.

Kanoelani says:

Let me tell ya I love ur blog because of your honesty and the way you put it out there LOL! We all have our body issues but who cares right??!! Especially for you b/c u have two cutie pies as your blessing, yes? I definitely think you should say you are bloated from gas or too much squash HAHAHAH!!! I. WOULD. DIE! LOL!! :-D

Kanoelani- I’m so going to say that next time. I can’t wait to see the person’s face. Ha ha. Thank you for your nice, nice comment too. :) Hope you had a great weekend!

Kori says:

The sky ride terrifies me!!!! We went to the zoo this weekend too! 50 degrees in Nebraska in Jan!!! HAD to “get out”!! I also got to go on a li’ run! Yay

Sounds like the perfect day Kori! How is the Nebraska Zoo?

• Kori says:

The Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha is one of the best in the nation (I think)! You should come, but in the spring or fall when the weather is good!
        BTW, my baby pooch appeared after that second child!! As for my boobs, they went from small to “bellybuttons” from all that breastfeeding! Ha Ha!! Oh, well, I guess my body tells the story of me too!

• STUFT Mama says:

We have relatives in Omaha, so next time we visit we’re so going to the zoo. :) Thanks for telling me! Oh and I have 2 “bellybuttons” and 1 “penis”. I’m so lucky.

Yay! Glad you liked the video :) We talked about it, in all places, during one of my writing classes when we were talking about effective commercial components.

I wish we could have had impromptu visits to the zoo when I was younger. We have about three or four around us, but they are all about an equal distance of 1 hour away. Haha. Our “zoo” was going to the park and feeding ducks with 1 dollar loafs of bread from the store :) When we did go to the zoo though, I always begged my parents to by me one of those overpriced stuffed monkeys from the gift shop. Did you come back with any souvenirs?

As a fellow mom of twins, I know the havoc pregnancy can have on our bodies. I couldn’t help but notice how in a picture of me running the other day how wide my hips are. They definitely didn’t use to be that wide. Oh well, I got 2 amazing little girls from those hips :)

1. [...] know I said I need a bigger bowl the other day. My little problem is getting worse. This was last night’s [...]

2. [...] I had another person ask me if I was expecting yesterday at the gym. Remember awhile back when that happened quite a few times? [...]