Well That’s Convenient

Yesterday’s workout:

Taught boot camp at the park.

Ran 10.4 miles (average 9:00 minute pace) that conveniently led me to the Starbucks restroom.

Conveniently, that led me to buy a venti iced café Americano with light soy.

Conveniently, I then didn’t have enough time to shower at the gym before my CPR class, so I just wiped down with one of these Action Wipes.

A pretty cool thing to have in your bag. That was my last sample one, but I just may need to get a few more.

I still attempted to keep my distance from others in the CPR class though. Ha ha.

Speaking of convenient. I’m pretty sure you can do anything with spinach. You can add it to just about any smoothie and not even taste it.

Last night I did the little spinach roasting thing again so thought it was also worth mentioning.

I make it pretty much exactly how I make non dairy kale chips. You can see us in action in the kitchen making these here.

These spinach “chips” are a little harder to eat, but just as delicious.

Directions:

Spray cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil with nonstick spray. Lay spinach leaves on sheet in a single layer.

Spray with nonstick spray. Season with garlic salt, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and either parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.

Roast at 375 convection or 400 regular for 7-10 minutes.

Before:

After:

Good stuff.

Better on top of a ginormous bowl of roasted cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts, mushrooms and chicken that even had a little fresh garlic roasted on there thanks to Elizabeth. We’re loving our garlic you sent us Elizabeth!

Of course they’re also better enjoyed with wine and followed by a nice big dessert. He he.

We still had more to do with spinach this morning.

We made some gourmet green pancakes.

Oh, and added a little chia to the mix. That’s what’s in the shaker. It’s our “sprinkles”. Pretty clever, huh?

I had a special request for a Mickey Mouse pancake and a dinosaur pancake. I did my best.

Joaquin had the nerve to ask me which one was his dinosaur one though. I mean, isn’t it obvious?

I bet Kitty knew which one was the dinosaur.

He he.

Enjoy your Sunday. Hope you get some quality family time!

Anyone watching football? I have no idea what teams are even playing. Oops. I’m hoping a lot of people are watching though so Costco won’t be crowded.

Anyone else have to make pancake characters?

Comments

Becca says:

My grandpa, Pipi, has always made us Pipi Pancakes in whatever shape we wanted. Over the years he’s made me Barbie, ballerinas, a credit card with my initials, basically anything and everything. He uses a spoon to drizzle the batter on the griddle, and he uses a really thin batter (which usually isn’t the healthiest ;) ) but I think over 25 years of experience helps! Enjoy your Sunday!

Karen says:

I will be watching football.
    So far today, I roasted (and ate) an entire acorn squash
    deseeded a pomegranate (which I adore)
    and made both rye and wheat croutons.
    Moving on.
    Very productive day.

elena says:

that was rude of that lady to say you looked pregnant.
    i love kabocha squash so much! have you tried it with hot sauce? i just did and its really good!

Your pancake dinosaur and Mickey are pretty darn great, if you ask me! I usually do pancake hearts around Valentine’s Day for the kiddos. You can even make them redish pink by adding a little beet puree.

Kori says:

Oh, my goodness…what is the deal with that kitty of yours?? He always looks a bit concerned! ha! (I’m obviously fairly new to your blog)!!
    I make pancake & waffle shapes, but just use cookie cutters, not nearly as creative as you!

elizabeth says:

My chesnok red garlic is pretty mild, probably not strong enough for your tase buds! I think you may have burned your taste buds off by now, with all that red pepper! Ha ha! You can stomach a lot of crushed red pepper. Holy Moly! Yes, you have to go to Costco today and buy more red pepper! I wonder if the Costco crushed red pepper isn’t as hot as what I have? I bet your roasted spinach smelled great. I made some seared red cabbage wedges last night, but my stomach wasn’t happy, ha! Good thing my husband is out of town.

Your pancakes are awesome! Two thumbs up for creativity!!

I have made numbers and initials ….next time I may surprise them with Mickey though. (Maybe as a morning surprise when we book our next trip!)

Samantha says:

Thanks for the pancake laugh. That is funny stuffy. :)

No football here. Walked the dog and trying to finish a quilt. Have a great Sunday.

I think you did a great job with the pancakes! Super cute

Angie says:

Great pancakes. My family always made initials.

Love you chia sprinkles idea! I wonder if that would work on my 3 year old… she would probably figure it out and want rainbow sprinkles… hah– now we just need multi colored chia seeds!! Then i’d be set

you’re slowly convincing me to try this squash thing. slowly. :)

Sadly my pancake character days are over. I was planning Brinner for my birthday which has been postponed since Jay was so sick and now Tony is doing a crazy cleanse. I think I’m gonna make some characters with my pancakes when we finally get around to it though. Serious, pancakes are awesome, but even more so when you make shapes!

Chels R. says:

Those are the cutest pancakes ever! Don’t worry I don’t know who’s playing either…I asked a friend if the Dallas Cowboys were going to be on and she reminded me that they are no longer in the playoffs. Duh.

Oh and anything goes good with wine, basically. :-)