Fashion Chat- Reebok Yoga Wear

Workouts:

Monday- Taught my way through my usual Monday schedule of classes.

Tuesday- Taught a BOSU class

So I don’t feel like writing about all my random eats as of late today either. What’s wrong with me? It might have something to do with the fact that I have been eating everything in sight since the marathon Sunday, so I’m kind of sick of food at the moment. Weird, right? I’m also not really feeling too hot. It might just be a head cold or something, but I’m not a big fan and I’m hoping it doesn’t stick around.

Anyhoo…

In a perfect world, yesterday I would’ve had a quiet day resting and recouping after the race. In my STUFT world I had a day full of classes to teach and we had a pretty rough start around here.

First we spilled the boys’ chocolate milk all over the floor. Then, I kid you not, less than five minutes later I spilled my sugar free dark chocolate peppermint mocha all over the counter. It wasn’t pretty. I took pictures, but I’ll spare showing you the mess.

We needed to regroup after that. What better way to do that than by cleaning ourselves up and putting some fashionable clothes for the day (after a replacement mocha was consumed of course)?

Fashion is more fun to talk about than my usual musings so heck, let’s talk fashion, yes?

Check out the new outfit I got from Reebok recently.

Hey, taking modeling pictures of myself outside. That’s how I roll. Ha ha.

Reebok has partnered with Tara Styles, founder of Strala Yoga, to launch a new line of yoga apparel.

Tara Stiles

You can check out a really cool video about the launch here.

I received this Yoga Hoodie

this Yoga Long Bra Top

and these Yoga Capri Tights.

I wish I could’ve sat around yesterday and stretched and did some yoga (heck, I have a whole Tara Styles DVD set), but instead I put my new outfit to the test to power through a long day of teaching classes.

I took some pictures to show it off first though. Actually, some of the pictures were with my good camera timer and a few others were taken by my new handy little camera man Judah. He’s getting better everyday. He he. When he’s not modeling with me, he’s behind the camera.

When I first put the outfit on I immediately noticed how comfortable it was. The pants fit really well and I loved that the tank top had thin straps and was long just like my other Reebok crossfit tank top.

Not that you want to see my backside, but the hoodie is pretty fun because it’s short in the front and then longer in the back, just like a mullet. He he.

“Business in the front, party in the back.” You’ve heard that saying about mullets, right?

Then, when you’re really ready to party (or do yoga) you can just ditch the hoodie.

I’m a big fan of spaghetti strap tanks. The Reebok folks must know that. The athletic design of the tank fit really well and I love that it has some removable pads for a little oomph. I replaced the pads that it came with my my trusted Handful bra pads because I needed a little extra padding in there if you know what I mean.

Check out the cool strap design on the back.

Fun, right?

So, yeah, I wore the outfit all day yesterday. Everything is made with the PlayDry technology that moves moisture and aids in ventilation and I have to say that it’s no joke. I’m not exactly sure what’s behind the technology, but man it works. It definitely kept me feeling dry and that’s really important when I’m wearing the same clothes for a few classes back to back and am a sweat machine.

. I wore the pullover hoodie before classes.

Took it off to kick some bootie during classes

and then put it back on for some late night errands on the way home.

That’s right, there’s a kabocha squash (or six) in my cart. We needed cat food and I couldn’t pass throwing a couple squash in. I keep thinking that they’re going to stop selling them so I’m stocking up. Ha ha.

This Reebok gear is pretty cool. I’m on the search for a new gym bag now since my current one is falling apart. I’ll have to check out what they’ve got.

Okay, I better get going. The boys are napping and if I don’t wake them up now, it might be a long night.

See you soon!

Did you watch the Biggest Loser last night?

I only watched the first half. So don’t tell me what happens, but dang, Bob better wear those socks soon.

Workout tanks- Do you like thin straps or thick straps? Just curious.

*FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Thick or thin, I’m just a huge fan of workout tanks in general! I never wear short sleeve workout shirts–the sleeves just feel awkward to me. My only other thought, is if it’s a thin strapped tank, it still has to be supportive. I’ve had a couple where the think straps would stretch after I started sweating or jumping–which was obviously very annoying. But if it’s good quality, then I’m all for it. :)

Sherry says:

Thin straps for sure. Love the back straps on that top. You should have arranged for subs for the next couple of days to recoup. You deserve a little (or probably A LOT) of R&R!

Is it sad that I’ve been waiting all day for your post about the Reebok yoga gear?? :-) Looks awesome and I too love the thin strap. And the hoodie is super cute!! I love that they partnered with Tara. I hope that you’re not getting sick. I’ve been sick the past 3-4 days and is stinks.

debbie says:

I would love to wear thin, however I need a little more support on the front side, so I have yet to find a tank that really does the job without a sport bra underneath. I’m always looking though.

elizabeth says:

I don’t own a workout tank, I need to get with it and find one that fits. I haven’t moved past the sportsbra/ t-shirt outfit and none of my sportsbras are comfortable, so I should switch to tanks. Well actually, that is a lie, because I’ve moved to no sportsbra, but I run with 5 layers plus a backpack, with no witnesses except 3 dogs! I have wide shoulders, but nothing in the front and I am tall. I think most of these tanks you say are nice and long on you, would probably not be long on me, I would like a long one. I’ve heard that Lululemon has some good tops, but I haven’t tried them yet, will have to order one, but not much tank weather here in MT and I’m usually trying to cover up as much skin as possible when it is warm, the sun is harsh! You have a lot of nice tanks and they suit you!

5 layers, 3 dogs and a backpack???? Now there’s a little challenge. He he. :)

• elizabeth says:

Did I mention that I’m also having to slog through a foot of snow on my run? My life is not easy! Ha! Thanks for the Pro Compression coupon, I finally decided to try a black pair, although I ordered a sm/md for my big old feet and I noticed you ordered the same size and you are quite small, maybe I’ll have to return for the L?
        Happy Birthday!

I’m in love with the purple tank! Looks comfortable and practical! I actually wore a tank while running today! Crazy East Coast weather- 60 degrees in Jan!

Tess says:

THIN! Thicker straps bother my neck and I feel alittle choked……not good. I hope you feel better! Try to give yourself a break, MARATHONS are hard.

Kori says:

Thin straps!!!!!!! I think they look better on us girls that lack the natural “handful”!! ha ha Have you tried the yoga dvd’s yet? I’m looking for some new ones! I bought a cute one for my girls (ages 4 & 2 1/2) they love doing it…would like to find a “mommy & me” yoga class!

That top is really cute, and I like that it’s long–I always have a hard time finding tops (for workouts and just everyday) that are long enough!

Man i love reebok gear…I also love that the top is long because I am so tall! I missed the biggest loser last night, my husband and I watched the UK game until iI crashed!

Lexa T says:

I like the thin straps! Also I think Bob did have on the socks. Look for them when he is talking to the kid that he is training.

Samantha says:

I am totally spaghetti strap person! I get you…even on dresses or anything. :) I laughed and laughed about the mullet comment. Fun times. :)

Sam

Natalie says:

CUTE yoga clothes. I like thin straps with a built-in bra. I hate having to wear a sports bra AND a top.

Yay for mullet hoodies! haha I generally like straps a little thicker, but I suppose it depends.

I’m more of a fan of thin straps as long as the material is strong enough to hold up the ta-ta’s. Sometimes thick straps get in the way and can be annoying. There is a science to where straps are place on tank tops, especially when we train and live in these things. :) Have a FAB day!

skinnyrunner says:

that hoodie is really cute! but i think i might be tugging it down all the time if i was wearing it?!

Love the whole outfit!!!
    Thin straps fo sure!!!

Suzanne says:

I guess I never really thought about it before but now that I am, I mainly have thicker strap workout shirts. Not sure why.

1. [...] line of clothing has the most comfortable clothes I’ve worn for awhile. Yep I wore that same outfit again for my BOSU class [...]

2. [...] With Fire” message with this tank that I’m loving more and more every time I wear it, my yoga capris and some brand spanking new [...]