Egg-Cellent Entertainment

Friday Workout:

8 mile slow run

Took my Mizuno Nirvanas and my Pro Compression low trainers for a spin yesterday.

I wore my new Pro Compression visor complete with a Halo headband (you know, for my new fashion statement thing I’m trying out).

I did 8.3 slow, hilly miles. My legs felt okay, but I was just slow, like 10 minute mile pace slow, but I was just running to run. I didn’t really care about time, just wanted to move and enjoy it. And that I did.

I love runs that aren’t about time. They’re so much more therapeutic. It doesn’t matter how slow or fast you are, it just matters that you get out there.

Here’s a little tip-

On average you burn approximately 100 calories per mile that you run/walk. So heck, go slow if you want. It’ll just take a little longer to go the distance, but you’ll still burn the same amount of calories. That’s pretty cool, right? I tell my clients this a lot.

Thought I’d share some little things that have been a source of entertainment around here lately.

Earlier in the week we had a little egg excitement. It’s always a big day when the “egg man” pays us a visit.

We love our huge jugs of egg whites. (If you want some huge jugs of your own, you can order them here. He he.)

I love them for my go to breakfast STUFTwich.

The boys love them for the packaging material. It gives them a little “work” to do.

IMG_6822IMG_6823IMG_6824IMG_6826

And a few tricks to share with you.

Yep, just for you this Saturday morning, some “egg-cellent” fun.

Egg’Cellent! :)

Yesterday morning the family entertainment was watching our septic get pumped at 7:00 am.

Oh, and while we’re talking potty, someone is finally deciding to do his thing in the bathroom. I’d like to take credit, but I think it might be these poo poo treats that are doing the trick.

Yesterday’s breakfast was consumed while watching Kelly and Michael. It was glorious.

So is my favorite bread from Costco. Hands down, best bread ever.

I changed things up a bit yesterday and did some plain roasted kabocha squash added to a tuna salad.

I don’t know why I don’t do that more often. I really should.

We also had a little family birthday party last night at Grandma and Papap’s.

Loved this birthday card from Mom.

Ha ha.

Also loved some Costco carrot cake.

Doesn’t Costco have the best cakes?

Oops. Okay, gotta run.

Time to get a move on teach a little boot camp this fine Saturday morning. Have a great weekend!

What’s your workout today?

More importantly, what’s your favorite birthday cake ever?

He he.

Comments

Coco says:

Ice cream cake!!!

An hour long yoga session was my workout for the day. It was glorious and just what my body needed. As for my favorite cake? Hmm, I’m pretty picky about cake. It has to be super moist with lots of buttercream frosting. I’ll take vanilla or chocolate, as long as it meets the criteria I just said. ;)

Hard to pick a favorite work-out – I guess running is almost the top but I love so many other work-outs and mix it up every day!
    Cake – easy: skip the cake and just pass me the buttercream (never whipped) frosting!!!

Stephanie says:

Oh man, favorite cake? I’m with Kim in that it’s all about the frosting. Cream cheese frosting is the bomb, but carrot cake beneath it isn’t bad either. I also wouldn’t turn up my nose at a really rich chocolate cake!

Jennifer C says:

Love the video of the boys ! Too cute!

Karen says:

I just love….cake….and pie…and cookies. :-)

My very favorite cake is a white cake (never yellow) with white buttercream frosting from my favorite bakery in my hometown.

And Peeps….and M&M’s….and Reese’s. :-)

My favorite cake IS carrot cake!! I’ve never had the one from Costco . . . but I’ve ordered their sheet cakes for work parties, and they are hands-down the best ones out there. I’ll never go back to getting cakes at the regular grocery stores again!

I also wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. You have such an admirable and inspiring healthy BALANCE to your life that really makes for being a fantastic role model. Thanks! :)

You’ve got to try it! Um… and thank you for your nice compliment. It’s a daily struggle. Wish I could deliver you a Costco carrot cake to say thanks. He he.

Hahaha that birthday card is hilarious!! Glad you had a good day.
    I love cake from Costco, it is literally amazing – yummm carrot cake :D

Kori says:

Chocolate!! Just the cake, not a huge frosting fan..!
    Maybe I’ll have to try those potty training treats, it’s not going very well in this house!

I just love any and all cake but if I get to pick ….ice cream cake it is!!

I am a huge fan of carrot cake, mostly for the cream cheese frosting though.Hmmmm. I could eat spoonfuls. Potty training nearly did me in. They say its easier for girls, but no mine. Good God, she fought me all the way. We used M&M’s but it was the Tinker Bell panties that did the trick:) If she kept them dry all day then she got to keep using them, if she got them wet, I’d take away the whole set an she’d have to use the plain pink or purple training pants (you know the ones with a little absorption pad?) She HATED those. Girls! Of course fashion would win out over M&M’s. haha!

Renee says:

When I was a little girl I said strawberry shortcake was my favorite because of the doll without even trying it. It also happens to be my grandfathers favorite so I stuck to the story until I was a grown up. Now I play along only when with my Gramps. My great great grandmothers carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting is my real favorite. My mom raised me to not like any other carrot cake or any candle that was not Yankee.

im doing a 30 minute kettlebell workout today followed by some abs! My favorite cake is carrot!! so good!

Jennifer says:

I did a slow 9 miles today. I also felt I needed to just run slow and enjoy it, not run for time. However it was so hard NOT to think about time! Gotta do more of those runs! By the way- got an email from coach’s oats last week that they recalled all their pancake mixes from Costco and their site because of possible metal shavings in the flour! Yikes!

Natalie says:

I did 8 miles this morning in frigid temps. It was cold but I felt great afterwards.

I do love carrot cake and cheesecake.

Elaine says:

There is a local grocery store here that bakes a wonderful banana cake…you have to special order it. Oh my its delicious!!

Suzanne says:

My workout was a bootcamp (self-imposed) plus some time on the Arc Trainer. That’s all I could manage as I’ve been exhausted these days!

Oh and I am not a big cake fan but my cake of choice would be a spice cake (or carrot).

Anneverzel says:

Hi-I am new to your blog but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your reciepes, I enjoy cooking things that I can eat and not feel guilty about afterwards.
    as far as cake I love anything that incorporates chocolate.
    Saturday is an easy workout day for me an hour of gentle yoga so my my body can recover from the workouts i do the other days of the week.

Tracy says:

I’m all about the corner pieces of cake – love the frosting, buttercream or cream cheese, not the whipped stuff. But, if I HAD to pick a cake, carrot or a great moist chocolate one. We also have a bakery that makes a pretty decent strawberry wedding cake.

Great video of the boys! I would be the mom worrying about the little bits of styrofoam everywhere. Good for you letting them have their fun with it!!