Date, Dine and Dump

Workouts:

Saturday- taught boot camp

ran 6 miles on the treadmill at home

Sunday- short jog and some stair laps with STUFT Daddy in downtown San Diego

Oh heck yeah, we did a little workout together. Pictures to follow.

So…….

Andrew and I had a little getaway Saturday night to downtown San Diego. It was a birthday celebration and early Valentine’s Day all in one. And since I’m still feeling a little under the weather I’m just going to photo dump our little dating and dining getaway. Mmmmm-kay?

Obviously once we dropped of the boys our first stop was Starbucks.

We were in the car for approximately 15 minutes before we both said we already missed the boys.

We pretty much do the same routine every time we go to San Diego. I think we’ve been about four times now since we’ve been married. Our first trip to make it on the blog was this one. What can I say, we’re creatures of habit.

We did stay at a different hotel this time though. We went for Embassy Suites mainly because they have a free happy hour. Ha ha.

Once we got checked in we had some time to kill before the free happy hour. Well, what do you know, the first stop on our little walk was this Hot Licks hot sauce shop.

If it wasn’t so darn expensive I could’ve really done some damage in there. We walked out with a $10 bottle of Afterlife, a ghost pepper hot sauce.

I only had to ask a few strangers to take our picture before we got a good one down by the water.

And, um, yeah, how cool are these rocks?

I was totally ready for the free happy hour to make my own low calorie Nuun margaritas.

I got tequila on ice with lime, then added water, 1/2 Nuun lemon lime tablet and this Target margarita packet. They were pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

We must be moving up in the world too because when we got back to the room we had a special delivery thanks to my silver status.

Bottled water and microwave popcorn. We’re so VIP. Ha.

It was cold outside so I went for my big jacket. Andrew informed me it wasn’t snowing and that you’re not supposed to wear white after Labor Day.

I ignored him and made him take my picture with Dick.

Then I made him be in a picture with Dick.

We went to The Strip Club again for dinner.

Obviously this martini was a must.

IMG_9544IMG_9549IMG_9546

Lovely.

I was kind of tempted to do the 69 challenge, but Andrew talked me out of it.

Andrew did the grilling (and was thrilled about it).

IMG_9566IMG_9560IMG_9564

I took pictures and drank wine.

Ugh. Buying a bottle of wine at a restaurant stings a little doesn’t it? I’m so used to my $6.99 bottle of my favorite wine. Ha.

I asked for some spicy things on the side and they brought me all these goodies.

Jalapeños, horseradish, wasabi and Tabasco. I’m not a fan of Tabasco, so it was a good thing I had my new purchase in my purse.

We went to Ghirardelli for dessert afterwards. I’ve been wanting to go there since The San Francisco Marathon because we didn’t get a chance to go to the one up there.

We made up for it big time.

So much for not eating dairy desserts.

In the morning somehow I convinced Andrew to go on a little jog with me so we could run these cool stairs a few times.

There was a pretty cool view at the top.

Look, his and hers Mizuno shoes.

Now he just needs some Pro Compression socks. Ha.

After our little run we went to the most amazing champagne buffet brunch at the Westgate Hotel.

I took some pictures of our eats, but to be honest I’m so sick of food right now I don’t want to see them. hey, a win win, I’ll save you from having to look at them too.

Ugh.

I’ve been eating non stop since the marathon last week and I’m ready to get back on track. I’m also ready to kick this darn cold and feel better.

If things are a little quiet over here it’s because I’m actually being smart and resting before things take a turn for the worse. I need to be smart now since freaking Boston is 10 weeks away. Yikes.

Okay, I’m out.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

I was seriously tempted to take a nap since I felt so rotten, but I made it to a few family gatherings.

Do you have the same “date routine” sometimes or are we the only ones?

Any thoughts on these new hand dryers that are everywhere? They kind of scare me.

Random.

Comments

Kori says:

Looks like you guys had a good time! You have inspired me to set up a date night w/ my hubby….I think the last one was before kids….4 1/2 yrs ago! Feel better soon!!!!
    I can’t believe you actually always reply to these comments, thanks for doing that, makes me feel…”special” Ha!

Karen says:

Great pictures!

I love how the boys look like brothers, yet they don’t look alike…but they BOTH totally look like their dad.

I am glad that you all take the time to get away for dates. That’s nice.

We have a hard time getting any time together. Dates for us are usually shopping and out to eat.

We have rented a suite a couple of hours from here for my birthday at the end of March and that is extremely rare for us to spend money for something like that.

Taking pictures and making memories is always a good thing, no matter what you are doing. Spending time together is what’s important.

How fun…Man he looks like your boys!!!

Breakfast buffet looks yum …..but, I have never been to a restaurant where you actually get up and grill your own food. Really? Hope you get a discount on the meat since you are preparing it your self??? ;-) I don’t know if I would want to have to do any thing when I go out. I just want to eat….I guess that’s my first problem…hahha!

Glad you had a nice night…feel better soon!

katie says:

Feel bette girl!

Glad you had a great overnight getaway with the husband! Looks like you guys had a great time! The desserts look fab!

lindsay says:

at least you got a good bottle of wine. I hear on the restaurant over pricing. I’m SO SO glad you all had a weekend away. YOU needed it. Fun time!

Aw looks like you had a great time!
    Those rocks are so cool + the food at that restaurant looks amazing!!
    I love going away for weekends away like that. :)

kaitlyn says:

Looks like fun! Our date nights in town are always to the same happy hour at the same brewery. Then we come home and make pizza. Date nights away are in mountain resorts with either skiing and whiskey or mountain biking and whiskey. Either way there is always whiskey.

Miz says:

how cute are you two?
    WE SORELY NEEEEEED a date night around here.

STAT.

Looks like such a great time! I’m so glad you two got out with each other. Tony and I always miss the boys within 15 minutes of leaving them. They are our best friends and it’s hard not to have them with us all the time. However, it’s nice to get out alone too for a little romance! I hope you have a great week!

You guys are so flippin’ adorable together. :)

Those hand dryers are crazy! I saw one a couple of years ago here in a new bar… but that’s the only one I know of in ATL. I just want a paper towel!

Nice butt in the background of that picture lol. I love date nights!

Those hand dryers have been around forever out in Ohio. I LOVE them cause they work so freaking well. I hate hand dryers that dont dry. They are useless and dont even work. These things are amazing!

So glad you guys were able to get away for a couple days! I think that’s so necessary from time to time. Hope you feel better soon! And those hand dryers… Cody and I love them and always talk about how cool they are whenever we run into one. Ha!

A hot sauce store!?! That’s awesome. What adorable pics of you and your husband! It sounded like an awesome date weekend. :)

And, yes, those hand dryers are awfully intense, aren’t they?!?!

Samantha says:

What a nice date weekend! And yes, get better! I feel like I am constantly attracting colds right now, one after another.

It looks like you two had such a nice time. It’s funny that you both missed the boys right away — too cute.

I didn’t watch the super bowl. I relaxed after my 16 miler and watched some shows on Hulu. It was pretty nice.

Those desserts look AMAZING!

Such a fun getaway! Every time I’m in SD for work, I workout on the stairs behind the convention center, most awesome view. And yummmmm for Ghirardelli!!

Lexa T says:

We try to go out to dinner once a week, and go to the same three places. My husband always orders the same food. We have had two overnight get a ways in the last 3 years and pretty much do the same thing on those trips too. We are creatures of habit. It is nice to see that we are not the only ones too.

Bridget says:

I don’t get having to grill your own steaks. If that’s the case, then they should pay you to dine there. Maybe I’m just jealous!! :)

debbie says:

Your mini getaway looks great!
    I love those those hand dryers.

YAY! When I saw the pic on IG, I was SO happy for you guys!! So glad you were able to get away for a little bit and enjoy a good dinner, some wine, and each other’s company. xoxo

Lisa says:

What a fun date night!! I’m glad you two got to spend some nice quality time together!!
    Definitely needed every once in a while for sure!

Sara Grambusch says:

You guys are the cutest. My Costco has those hand dryers. In fact, that whole bathroom is touchless, except for the stall door (ew), and it kind of feels like a space station.

I can’t stand those hand dryers! One: they are weird! Two: my hands are never dry. I don’t get the point. instead of wasting paper we are using more energy to power them. I would rather have dry hands and use the paper towels. Just saying. Um that sundae looked fabulous!

Liz Anglin says:

Happy belated birthday! What a fun date night, Erik and I usually go to dinner and Cinepolis if I can convince him to see a movie (I love going to movies, he doesn’t so much). I’m sad I’m missing y50x right this minute but I got in 6 miles after school today since I knew Erik wouldn’t make I home in time of me to go :( . I’m signed up to do this Ragnar this year with Suzanne’s team so I got to get my running in. Miss you friend!

I’m so glad you got a trip away!! Sometimes finding what you love is worth repeating over and over again. :) I ate non stop the week after my marathon too, despite doing very little. It’s like your body is afraid 26 miles is going to be a regular occurrence. Try to rest those legs before Boston training… easier said than done, I know!

Joy says:

That looks like such a nice trip to San Diego!

My husband and I do the same date night over and over because it’s fun, we know we’re going to like the food, and we’re creatures of habit. :)

I hope you’re able to kick that cold for good so you can feel great while getting ready for Boston.

Looks like a super fun time for you and your husband! I think it makes it easier to go back to a familiar place – takes out the planning and trying to figure out what to do so you can just enjoy!!!
    I hope you are able to rest some and kick that cold quickly!!!
    I like the new hand dryers!

1. [...] like the easiest stir fry ever, but last night was just my attempt to clean out the fridge. This afterlife sauce made it’s way on there [...]