Walk the Walk

Workout:

AM- Ran 6 miles on the treadmill at the gym

Had to take my new Musha shoes for a spin.

I was very careful not to get them dirty.

I ran .5 mile warm-up, 3 miles around a 7:08 pace, 1 mile at 6:58 or something and then the last 1.5 miles at 8 minute pace.

Love it when you can get a workout in in about 45 minutes.

Also love trying to match my outfit with new shoes.

Sweat much?

First thoughts on the shoes. I really like how they’re lighter. As my body has gotten used to more mileage and running I’ve discovered I’m liking the lighter shoes more and more instead of the more supportive ones like the Nirvanas. Is that normal? A full review will be up after I run a few more times in these dull looking things. Ha ha.

PM workout- Taught a Y50X (HIIT) class and a strength training class at the Y

I was pretty worked afterwards.

Ever look in the mirror lady? Geesh.

Anyhoo…..

I have a really fun recipe to share (it has to do with a new pizza crust and squash- go figure), but I can’t get my act together to do it justice this morning. I’m feeling pretty good about it though.

Check it out.

Mmmmm hmmmm….. I ate that whole thing last night because that’s what I do.

Want to know some random stuff?

I just found a chia seed on Kitty’s tail. I don’t know how long it’s been there, but I’m guessing a pretty long time.

I pretty much wear a Handful bra, my Spanx and Pro Compression socks on a daily basis. I also have been known to sleep in all of the above and sometimes wear them to workout the next morning. Classy.

There is never a dull moment around here.

IMG_9690Judah pee

Yep. Just a sample of what goes on while we’re trying to get out the door to get somewhere on time for a change. Lovely. And what is it with boys and pulling down their pants all the time? Someone’s been teaching them some things when I’m not around.

We have the coolest neighbors ever. Check out these chairs our neighbor made for the boys.

IMG_9697IMG_9696IMG_9699

They make us fabulous chairs, I make them doughtzel balls. Somehow it just doesn’t seem fair for them.

My late night “office hours” have been looking like this lately.

My friend Janae has a much better set up with a Compex machine. I’m a little jealous. Sarah has one too and she’s a rock star with all the marathons she runs. Um, yeah, I want to be just like both of them. They inspire me daily. We’re good friends you know. He he.

I always have to have dessert. It can be super late at night and I can have just inhaled an entire pizza, but I always need a little something sweet afterwards.

Last night it was this- a triple chocolate Vitatop topped with one of those new Chobani bite coffee with dark chocolate cups.

Then with a little Trader Joe’s chocolate soy dreamy sandwich on top of that.

Loving the “layers”. He he.

We sell buffalo jerky.

Yeah, that’s right. We sell this stuff. It’s our own jerky and I’ve never even talked about it on the blog. Go me.

I want to give some away to you and figure out how to sell it online. It’s darn good. Hopefully I can get on that soon.

Okay, well, I gotta get a move on.

My goal for the weekend in to “walk the walk”. Lindsay sent me this great devotional the other day that said that we can say our priorities are one thing, but our true priorities are the things where we spend the most time, energy and attention. Kind of a nice reminder, yes? Sure I say I have priorities, but then is that really where I’m focusing all my time and energy? Something to think about.

And one little motivational quote for the day courtesy of Runner’s World:

“Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.”
Kara Goucher

Happy Friday!

Hope you get to “walk the walk” this weekend.

My next post will be a recipe instead of random nonsense.

Comments

Tiffany says:

Oh my gosh. Love this quote by Kara Goucher. Oh and I totally understand about boys and their pants! My son never has pants on!!! hahahaah! Nudist!

Natalie says:

I can’t keep clothes on my son these days. It MUST be a boy thing.

I think my husband would love your jerky, just in case you were looking for testers :)

Francine says:

Shane ran around the house often at the age of 3 with just his underwear on, but he didn’t pee like J and J do outside quite frequently, (or poop right on the garage floor and laugh about it). I would curb that one asap or else preschool/ kindergarten teachers are gonna let you know anyways. I know boys are boys, but it doesn’t mean they can whip it out any ole place they want to relieve themselves, even at 3. Just my two cents from a 1st grade teacher and mom of 3 teens who loves those two nephews.

Marti says:

Just felt the need to tell you that i love your blog…i recently stumbled across it and now follow your posts daily :) i find myself clicking on link after link exploring your blog! haha thanks for all the interesting new food ideas i’ve tried lately also! i’m a runner as well and find it interesting to see others’ workouts..and yours are quite impressive. not sure how you keep up the energy, especially with TWINS! too fun. thanks for such a great blog..i’m a big fan! :)

debbie says:

OMG- You do have nice neighbors! So sweet!
    Never heard of a compex machine before, sounds amazing!

Never a dull moment in your household, right!?! Your boys are too funny. Can’t wait to see the squash/crust recipe. There can never be too many ways to use winter squash. :)

Oh wow those chairs are amazing!! Such nice neighbours!
    you finding a chia seed on your cats tail made me laugh haha! Loving the look of your dessert too..and guess what! I got kabocha squash for the first time a couple of days ago – I used your topping ideas as inspiration!

Sarah M says:

Totally excited! I just got my first Handful bra in the mail today!!

Kori says:

Shut the front door! I LOVE jerky!!
    My daughters don’t do that exactly, but after my 2yr old does go potty on the big girl potty, she runs out & sits on the heat vent! What is that?? I guess she likes to air dry! lol…. Classy, I know!

Oh woman your photos always make me laugh out loud! Peeing on plants and driving in underwear? It start early and never really changes…does it? Have a fabulous weekend!

Anna says:

Buffalo jerky sounds AWESOME! I’d totally buy some of that.

morgan says:

Oh my gosh! I would love to know how you make your jerky! we have tried 3 times & have not made an entire batch that was edible….I think there must be a secret I don’t know about! Deer, Moose & Caribou but never buffalo- that would rock! Share please??!!!

We actually have a company that makes it for us. It’s so good though. You’ve made your own? That’s impressive. One of these times it’ll be edible. :) He he.

Janet says:

Love the quote- thank you for that! Put that jerky up for sale, hurry! Love jerky- oh, and why do boys pee where ever they can? Because, they CAN! That simple. I never understood it, but my hub said it was because I am a woman….well, ok. Hilarious pic and especially loved the heart covering his booty! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lindsay says:

Those shoes are beautiful. I think I really need a pair soon! And those chairs are so cute! I love that their names are on them.

I love that quote!! It goes along with my blog name well :)

Walk the walk…I need to do that too! You guys make jerky! Is there anything you can’t do? Tony and the boys would be all over that! I hope you have a great weekend my friend. Those boys are soooo rotten and soooo cute! Enjoy every second with them.

Stacey says:

Love this post! My boys are always either in just their boxers or mesh shorts even in the dead of winter! Must be a boy thing! I would LOVE to try YOUR buffalo jerky!!!!!

Ammie says:

Every time I read that you wear Spanx I die a little inside. I’ve had 4 kids (3 via c-section), lost nearly 80 pounds in the last five years with about 10-20 more to go (extra skin, hello!), and have the weakest ab muscles known to man. If a beautifully fit gal like yourself feels the need to wear Spanx, then there’s no hope for gals like me. ;) Seriously though, thanks for keeping it real! Your roasted veggie photos always leave me with a serious craving!

Oh friend- we all have our things. I only write that to keep it real and have had numerous comments of people asking me if I’m expecting. I do it more to help suck it in, otherwise I look like I’m about 5 months pregnant. I don’t care, I have two beautiful boys, but hey I might as well fly my freak flag. Ha ha. Great job on losing 80 pounds. That is awesome!!!! Keep it up. :)

elizabeth says:

Kristin- When I cook egg whites in the microwave they always expload all over, what is your method?

Well, my egg whites in the jugs cook much better than real egg whites on the microwave. I had the same problem. I think if you cook them at a lower power and for longer it helps. Or just get some jugs. He he. :)

• elizabeth says:

Well, I rarely eat eggs, so would never go through big jug. I don’t eat many animal products and like to eat a tofu and tomato sandwich over a egg white and tomato, but I was out of tofu. My husband uses that little micro egg maker all the time though, for whole eggs.
        I’ve really been enjoying your almond milk ice cream recipe, I use almond extract and add the coconut flour topping, delicious! Even though its 20 degrees outside, I still crave it. Just ate a mug full, after my kabocha squash soup, I’m stuffed! The only store in my town that stocked kabocha, no longer has it, bummer! I guess I’ll have to switch to butternut for soups.
        You eat a lot of nutritional yeast, right? I’ve been eating it on grains and salads, but just stopped, because I think its giving me gas! Does it do that to you?
        I just got a bialetti espresso maker, its so good! Also a really good capresso milk foamer. We’ve been loving our morning cappuccinos, hard to go back to regular coffee with milk. I’ll have to try a peppermint mocha soon.

Joy says:

You look beautiful even after teaching your classes!

And your neighbors are so sweet! Those chairs are fabulous.

Your dessert makes me want chocolate right now! I looks so good.

i was going to ask about your socks but i read the previous post and found the info! so cute! although my thighs aren’t as thin as yours so mine might not look so cute…yet. this is my year to get healthy. i’m a skinny fat girl. no muscle tone what so ever!!!