It’s a Crusty Spaghetti Squash Party

Workouts:

Friday-

Nada. Rest day. Unplanned, but hey, trying to not put pressure on myself.

Saturday-

Taught 7:45 am boot camp.

Ran 14 miles. Slow. Felt fine though, just sluggish and had a lot to think about. Do you ever have runs like that?

I told myself it didn’t matter how long it took, but just that I did the miles I set out to do.

I got to try out a Garmin 10 that I bought from Sarah though for the first time. I can’t lie, I felt pretty cool wearing it.

Of course I had to match my Mizuno shoes and Pro Compression socks. That’s a must.

It’s been one heck of a morning so far. My phone has been dead for almost 24 hours and wouldn’t charge, we had to throw out yet another pair of Mickey Mouse underwear (you don’t even want to know) and I’m just now sucking down this dark chocolate peppermint mocha.

So, hey, want to join the crusty spaghetti squash party?

Sounds like fun doesn’t it?

Besides my usual daily roasted kabocha squash, I’ve been experimenting a little with spaghetti squash.

Check out this bad boy that’s been sitting in my pantry for awhile.

$2.99 at Trader Joes. Too bad the don’t carry kabocha. I love that they charge per squash instead of per pound. I know I can’t be the only one who looks for the biggest one.

Wait, which reminds me, my friend told me that they’re not carrying spaghetti squash anymore. Is it out of season already? That is not okay.

I also heard they have a new Ghost Pepper sea salt grinder. Is that true too? I’ve got to find it.

So…..

Shockingly I haven’t done my sweet spaghetti squash for awhile, but this past week I did make my BBQ Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake.

Since I have a little bit of a problem wanting any kind of vegetarian pizza I can create at home, I decided to try to make a spaghetti squash pizza crust the other night.

Surprisingly, it actually turned out pretty darn good.

I combined roasted spaghetti squash with my no grain free microwave pizza crust to make this ginormous crust creation.

Since we’ve only got a little time left until this amazing squash is out of season you might want to get on this recipe as soon as possible. He he.

Here you go.

Um……. yeah.

Before the oven.

After. With all the fun toppings.

This crust stayed together well. I could even cut it into slices which was pretty exciting.

I also ate it with some roasted broccoli and just a bit of Cholula. He he.

And why yes, this makes a pretty large crust and I ate the whole thing by myself.

Yay!

Great, now I’m hungry for pizza. Shocker.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

What’s your favorite way to eat spaghetti squash?

I used to eat spaghetti squash marinara pretty much every day a couple years ago.

Comments

Becca says:

I just bought spaghetti squash for the first time today. I’m trying a “Mac and cheese” recipe tomorrow, I’m pretty excited! There was a huge display of winter squash at our produce market today, lots of kabocha and I definitely thought of you, .89/pound! Have a great Sunday!

Just pinned this recipe. Looks fantastic!

Carly says:

Do you think brown rice flour or another gluten free flour can replace the almond flour?? I def. wanna try this!

Carly says:

Could I sub brown rice flour, oat flour and or an all purpose gluten free flour for the almond flour? I am going to try this tonight for my pizza night!!

I’m always up for pizza…I never make it the same, always experiment with something, so it just never gets old.
    I’ve actually never bought or made a spaghetti squash. They intimidate me, even though I’m sure I would love it!

Samantha says:

Well shoot. This has my attention! Unfortunately they moved my closest Trader Joe’s into possibly the worst complex on the eastside of Seattle so I may have to pay a little more, but I want to try this. Especially since I have had good luck with the flatbread and this just pumps it up!

Have a great day. I go on and off spaghetti squash too…sometimes it is out of control. :)

skinnyrunner says:

hope you like the garmin!!

Yes, Trader Joe’s just brought in a Ghost Pepper Grinder–I saw it last week. I think I’ll pick one up to try this week. Oh–and you should see me hunt down the biggest organic apples I can find . . . only 79 cents each!!

Meagan Brezette says:

Made this last week and it is beyond delish! Spaghetti squash and greens gratin:

Lisa says:

Um, I need this in my life. Squash is my favorite thing ever and guess what I just bought at the store today (besides 8 kabochas – haha seriously, I think I was the laughing stock of the grocery store) I picked up spaghetti squash! Love it all.
    I love eating spaghetti squash mixed with sunflower seed butter and nutritional yeast for a cheezy like sauce, so good! Otherwise, the basic marinara route.

bethp262 says:

I usually make a casserole with spaghetti squash, turkey sausage and lots of veggies (whatever I have: zucchini, spinach, shredded carrots, etc). I also eat it like I would regular spaghetti–with meatballs and sauce.
    I love that you can get a huge squash and not pay per pound. The ones I usually find are half the size although I can get them year round here in PA. But sadly we do not have kobucha squash here at all!

I am not much of a spaghetti squash fan, but this sure sounds wonderful!!

YUM!!! That is one huge squash….I have trouble slicing the medium ones I can’t imagine the power and knife used to slice that thing open. I little work out before eating ….just perfect!

Totally a little workout before. Gotta work up an appetite to eat the whole darn squash. Wait, is today your birthday????

Rachel says:

Kathy, I read somewhere that microwaving the entire squash for a few minutes before slicing it in half makes it significantly easier. I use that trick for slicing sweet potatoes as well ;) (just don’t forget to pierce them so they don’t explode!)

Lexa T says:

I eat spaghetti Squash every day for lunch. I pretty much put a small pat of butter on it or just eat it plain. The same way that I like normal spaghetti.

Deb E. says:

I usually put my squash in soups to thicken them up. Have it usually every day since it’s so easy. Added millet yesterday and it was super thick–yum. Yours looks prettier though but my stomach can’t really tell the difference.

Kori says:

tell me about this watch?? It’s really cute!

mp says:

Ugh..I tried making this and it didn’t quite work out. I may have used too much squash(really is there such a thing??). It didn’t seem to really set and come together as a “crust”. Maybe I made it too thick? Any ideas?

Hmmm…… you may have to blot out the squash first so it’s not too wet??? I haven’t made this in awhile. I know that my cauliflower recipe doesn’t really set well, but this one should. If I try it this week, I’ll take some notes. ha ha.