STUFT Sightings- Local Events

Wednesday workout:

Ran 7.77 miles on the treadmill in an hour. Not sure of the exact pace, but it was a little tough. I tried to pick it up at the end a bit.

Then I got suckered into running a couple stroller miles. The boys and I have a little race this weekend so I thought I better practice. Dang, hills never get easier. They look so innocent, but they sneak up on you.

We only ran 2 miles (a total of 9.7 for the day). I was hoping our run would end at Starbucks, but my coaches were pretty adamant about where we ended.

Gotta make these guys happy you know.

He he.

I taught a BOSU class at the gym afterwards.

Oh hey, yeah, it was Mardi Gras. Getting some necklaces at class was the excitement for the day. Ha.

My friend Allison asked what I eat for easy breakfasts on the go, and I pretty much have the same breakfast every day (unless I’m going crazy with an ultimate pear breakfast salad or something). Whether I’m home or eating in the car, I throw together a breakfast STUFTwich. It’s so easy. Here was yesterday’s.

It held me over long enough for my mid morning “pie” Joaquin made me.

Mmm…… so good.

Ha ha.

He was trying to get back on my good side as our little poo poo in the potty event the previous day turned out to be just a one day thing. Lucky me.

His “pie” didn’t fill me up enough though and I had to go for another Designer Whey protein bar.

We hung out outside for a bit yesterday. It was cold. Yes, we live in southern California, but it was chilly. I don’t know how you do it in really cold weather.

Hey, did you know we have a parrot named Pat?

We’re not sure if it’s a boy or girl, hence the name.

Here’s yesterday’s roasted kabocha squash bowl.

Oh heck yes.

Here’s last night’s dinner bowl. I don’t even remember everything that went in there. A veggie burger, lettuce, roasted broccoli slaw and brussel sprouts sprayed with Bragg’s Aminos, nutritional yeast and the same soy wasabi dressing as last night.

Which reminds me, I’m starting to crave wasabi now a lot. I’m liking it more and more every day. I put a little Facebook post out to see if there are any health benefits and Erin shared this link. Pretty cool.

“Three Surprising Health Benefits of Wasabi”

Some said I need to go buy the fresh stuff. I might have to get on that ASAP.

Here’s last night’s dessert. Another new dark chocolate microwave muffin with some coconut maple “frosting” and some low calorie ice cream.

Okay, so not much time to write this morning and I keep promising that kabocha squash video will be my next post, so I’ll wrap it up.

STUFT Sightings:

I have a couple of local events coming up this weekend and would love to meet or hang out with any of you that are local.

The first one is the Coronado Valentine’s Day 10K. The boys and I ran the same race last year and we’re doing it again Sunday. It’s a fun one.

Also, I’m super excited that this Sunday I’ll be teaching my Y50X class for a special Sweaty Sunday workout at the Lululemon store in the Carlsbad Forum.

The class is from 10-11 am in the store. It’s free and anyone can come. Cool, huh?

So, if you’re local or know anyone who is, I’d love to work out with you! Woo hoo!

Email me at kristin@stuftfitness.com if you ‘re going to be around for the workout.

Okay, gotta jet this morning. I need coffee and to get a move on to teach a spin class.

Questions:

What else can I do with wasabi? Do I need to get the fresh stuff?

Have you ever been to a Sweaty Sunday workout at Lululemon?

Comments

Amanda says:

If I see you guys at Coronado ill say hi 🙂

I’m heading to the Asian market to get more kabocha today…I’m totally addicted! I ate an entire one in one day. I don’t know if I should be proud or ashamed. I think I made need to find a group therapy session for this… 😉

I found a real wasabi powder (not horseradish, like most in the US) at whole foods that we’ve been loving with homemade sushi. Health benefits or not, it’s just good!

Apryle says:

Roasted wasabi soy nuts as a snack are great. I like how you must eat them slowly or else pay the consequences and I love to see my kids faces when they sneak some to eat!

Whole foods sells a powdered wasabi (its been freeze-dried), that you just add a bit of water to make into a paste. I love it. And you can make as much or little as you’d like . . . or leave it in powdered form to sprinkle. It’s great stuff to have on hand! 🙂

morgan says:

I love Wasabi in chicken salads! Chunks of grilled left over (or canned if i am really lazy & in a hurry) chicken, fat free cottage cheese, wasabi horseradish, fresh parsley, S&P is my go to work lunch. Wasabi Horseradish is my new hot condiment favorite this week. I found it at this little tiny local store & my 92 year old Grama & I love it 🙂

I want to make that brownie tonight! Last night I made my protein brownie for one that is very similar! I need to get that thickener to make the ice cream though, where can I get it, im wonderinfg if TJ’s or whole foods has it?

I’ve never been to a Lululemon store (would love to!). The Sweaty Sunday work-out sounds awesome!! What is Y50X?

We had a cockateil, Curley, and we never knew if he/she was a boy or girl either!

Katie H. says:

I would LOVE to try one of those Designer Whey protein bars, but I’m not sure they have them around me in Kansas 🙁 I love that they are lower in calories, higher in protein. I used to eat South Beach Cinnamon Raisin protein bars for that same reason… but they were discontinued 🙁 I’m hoping to find the Designer Whey brand in the Midwest sometime soon!

jealous of your kabocha bowl again! all of mine has ran out now 🙁 definitely need to buy another haha!
    my veggie bowls are always enormous too ahah

Our Lulu hosts yoga classes on the weekends, but not sure if I have heard about a “Sweaty Sunday” so I may have to look in to it. Do you know what is just evil? They put that darn Lulu literally almost across the street from the door of my gym….so I am faced with that beautiful store almost every dang day. So hard not to go and buy everything in sight!

Lisa says:

Yay kabocha video! Not that I need it since I already know how to cut and eat those bad boys;)
    But I do love watching those videos anyways hah.
    Darn about that stroller run not ending at Starbucks, but I gotta say making that pie in the park sounds pretty good too;)

You have a Parrot? How did I not those this. That is too cool. I’m going to be a total cliche and ask if it repeats everything you say? 🙂

LeslieH says:

You made me laugh with the stroller pic, so I have to ask: In auto racing they have a race time adjustment factor called RTP or Racer’s Theoretical Performance that is designed to evaluate a driver’s race time across all different types of car classes (different weights, handling capability, horsepower, etc.). Does this running race this weekend apply an RTP so that you get a fair score racing a double stroller against those with single strollers? Not to mention all the STUFF you carry along in the stroller pockets. I have a friend who has been known to train with weights in the rider’s case on her bike in the early season. She gets a lot of guff about it, but it sure gets her in shape fast.

I read somewhere that wasabi paste is actually a mixture of wasabi root and mustard powder, plus a tiny bit of cornstarch for texture. Things to do with wasabi: wasabi bloody marys, roasted squash with wasabi (water the wasabi paste sold in a tube down to the consistency of very thin dressing using almond or coconut milk and toss your favorite squash with that before roasting–particularly good with sweet squashes or sweet potatoes); “deviled” eggs with crabmeat and wasabi garnish: hardboiled eggs (toss the yolks out for the birds) topped with crabmeat dressed with your favorite mayo, topped with a tiny dollop of wasabi cream (wasabi mixed with your favorite substitute for sour cream like a tofu-based kind).

elizabeth says:

This is the best microwave muffin yet! I’m eating it now, warm with almond milk ice cream and coconut flour crumble. My desserts are getting bigger and bigger, good thing they are totally healthy! I don’t normally eat eggs, but made an exception for this, I wonder if I could leave the egg white out or replace it with something else?