Taught a spin class
Ran 8 miles on the treadmill afterwards in an hour. Here’s how the run went down:
1 warm-up mile
1 mile at 6:44
1 minute rest
1 mile at 6:40
, 1 minute rest
1 mile at 6:40
1 minute rest
1 mile at 6:35
Then I jogged for a little while until I realized I could get 8 miles done if I sped up to a 7 minute mile pace for the last 2 miles, so did it.
Um, yeah, there are days when running is fun and there are days when it’s really hard to get motivated. Today was a little tougher than others. I had to play a few mind games with myself and I got pretty darn annoyed with Drew Carrey on The Price is Right.
I’m trying to mentally get back in the game of training. It’s taking a little bit of time, but it always does after a race. I’ don’t have a plan from my coach anymore either as we just worked together until the Carlsbad Marathon 2013. It’s easier to try to talk yourself out of it when you don’t have to report to anyone, but I almost think that’s better. Then you’re doing it for yourself only. To make yourself uncomfortable and work hard and be a better person. Right?
I did get a few things in the mail recently to help with some motivation though.
I also got a few cute tops.
Hey, maybe a Mizuno tattoo would help me mentally get a little more motivated. How cool would this design be as a little tattoo?
(Now I’ll really find out if STUFT Daddy reads this because he HATES tattoos. He he.)
I also finally renewed my subscription to Runner’s World.
Not sure when I’m going to find time to read these, but hey, when I do I’m sure they’ll help.
Speaking of Runner’s World, they are debuting a new column, “Fuel School”. The column features nutritionist Pam Nisevich Bede (M.S., R.D.), an author, nine-time marathoner and long-time Runner’s World contributor and she’ll answer questions each week at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I like her already as she said that if she had to pick one thing pre run it would be coffee. He he. Research backs that up though, caffeine has been shown to boost performance.
I also got this little beauty from The Carlsbad Marathon.
Kind of fun, right?
So, random, but now that I’m thinking about it, here’s a few tips to help get motivated if you’re happen to be having a little trouble also.
1. Splurge on a good pair of running or workout shoes. Of course my top pick is Mizuno and they have tons to choose from, but find what’s right for you.
2. Splurge on some cute workout clothes. If you dress the part, you’ll feel that much better and want to get moving.
3. Get some reading material to help motivate you. Find a magazine or book that relates to what your personal goals are and let it inspire you.
4. Remind yourself WHY. Maybe you just want to be in better shape. Maybe you want a PR. Maybe you want to run a race for the first time or learn how to swim. Whatever it is, tell yourself why you want it on a daily basis. Also tell yourself HOW MUCH you really want it.
5. Picture yourself doing it. Picture yourself once it’s done and you’ve achieved your goal or finished your workout. They say that imagery is key to top athletes. I like to imagine myself at Starbucks. Just kidding. Seriously though, imagery works. Before kids I used to imagine myself as that mom who runs races and has her kids at the finish line. Now, I am that mom. I think picturing yourself succeeding is key to all areas of life actually.
Hey, I like to dress the part every day.
Totally normal to wear running shoes and compression socks everywhere, right?
We were on the lookout for samples as usual and we saw this magic happening.
Too bad they weren’t giving samples of those bad boys. I couldn’t part with the $13 for a container of chocolate covered strawberries, but man they looked good.
What I could do though was spend a little dough on these.
Heck yeah we found Batman underwear at Costco. Score.
Look at him acting all innocent in that hat and all.
Also today I was noticing that my mess of a car had been smelling very good. I couldn’t quite figure it out. It smelled so fresh and clean, a little like laundry detergent.
Isn’t that lovely?
I guess it’s going to smell pretty good for awhile in there.
I have an AWESOME giveaway coming up tomorrow for Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Can’t wait!!!!!