Designer Whey- Eating and Sweating Like a Designer

Good morning.

We’ve got a little “designer” chat today. I wish I could say I was a cool designer, or somewhat fashionable, but I’m not going to pretend. Fashion is obviously not something I know much about, unless matching compression socks and running shoes is is considered “fashion”. Ha.

But, I do know I’ve been loving some Designer Whey products lately.

I was recently sent a box of protein packed goodies from Designer Whey.

I got into their protein bars pretty darn quickly.

They come in three flavors: Chocolate Caramel Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch and Triple Chocolate Crunch.

I usually prefer protein bars that are less than 200 calories and under 10 grams of fat. These are just that at 160 calories and 5 grams of fat.

Obviously I had to try the Peanut Butter Crunch flavor first.

Um, yeah, it didn’t disappoint.

It also didn’t make my stomach upset which some protein bars do, so it was instantly a winner.

The past week or so I’ve make my way through all the different flavors of these new protein bars.

They’re the perfect little protein packed snack in between meals or on the go.

They’re are even tasty enough to be eaten as a dessert.

I’m already a fan, but a little disappointed that I only have one left out of the samples I was sent. I like all the flavors, but if you really want to feel like you’re eating a candy bar I’d say go with the Chocolate Caramel Crunch.

I also got two flavors of Designer Whey protein powder to try.

Yeah, you see that? They have a White Chocolate flavor. Pretty awesome. They actually have a really great variety of all sorts of protein powder flavors.

You know what else is awesome? One serving has just 100 calories and 18 grams of good for you protein.

The first thing I did with this was make my protein frosting.

White Chocolate Protein Frosting

1/2-1 scoop Designer Whey White Chocolate protein powder (14-28 grams)

1-2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup or agave

You can adjust the amount of sugar free syrup or agave you add depending on the thickness you want.

May I just say that it goes fabulously on sweet roasted kabocha squash?

Want to know what other white chocolate protein goodness I created that goes fabulously on squash?

Some white chocolate protein cookie dough of course.

Oh, this is decadent. I like it to be a little gooey so it’s more like cookie dough rather than the cake batter cookie dough crumble. It really is that good. I mean, what can be better than protein cookie dough?

Oh, yes, of course, the combination of protein dough and sweet kabocha squash.

Ha ha ha. So much for promising not to show you squash pictures for a couple days.

I also created this dark chocolate raspberry protein smoothie that is featured on the Designer Whey website.

You can check out the recipe here.

One final thing before I go.

Since I really wish you all could’ve been at the Sweaty Sunday workout this past weekend, I thought I’d share the exact workout I taught with you. That way we can pretend we all work out together. He he.

Here you go. Just a little high intensity workout to blast some serious calories.

designer whey sweaty sunday

Try it. It’s a good one! Then have some protein dough.

Next time I’ll get a video to go with the workout. The boys have been wanting to make one anyway. He he.

Have a great day!

What do you prefer more- protein bars or protein powders to make up your own treats?

What’s you favorite flavor?

*FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

Comments

I totally loved the white chocolate! Gotta try that cookie dough!

This ‘cookie dough’ recipe looks fantastic….oh! and I was going to tell you that I just bought an ice cube tray so I can start making my own ice cream! inspired by you and all of your desserts, of course : )

Yum I always love trying out new protein powders + brands; those bars sound tasty!

Kim Perry says:

I love the convenience of a protein bar! But I also love experimenting in the kitchen :) I guess it depends on the day

morgan says:

I love my protein powders! they let me be “creative” in the kitchen :) my current go-to is About Time in peanut butter chocolate, mix a scoop in the bullet with a half cup plain greek yogurt, a large splash of SF peanut butter coffee syrup & a heaping tablespoon special dark cocoa pow…..yum protein pudding!!!

Love the look of everything in this post! Those bars look so yummy…can’t wait to give them a try. I also can’t wait to try protein frosting over my kabocha squash. That workout looks so tough….in a good way!

I just posted one of my favorite protein snacks on my blog! It’s an “apple bake”. I love it. I also keep Quest bars on hand . . . . they are my favorite protein bar!

Lexa T says:

The bars are only 3 Weight Watcher points. That never happens with that much protein. I ordered some on Amazon and they are part of prime and subscribe and save (5%). I really hope that I like them as this is a win-win for me! I was suprised that you cannot order from their website.

elizabeth says:

My favorite energy bars are Orange Chocolate Suncakes, http://www.suncakes.com. Sometimes I like vanilla almond Clif Builder bar. Just bought some Growing Naturals, Chocolate Rice Protein that has been good mixed with almond milk/water. I want to try Plant Fusion powder next.
    White Chocolate Mousse used to be my favorite TCBY flavor in high school, with peanut butter cups on top!

lindsay says:

did you know i use designer whey in healthy bites? yup! that good!

Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com says:

Loving the stats for this protein! Glad the whey isn’t upsetting your stomach. I prefer my protein in powder form :) SO many more options to be creative and crazy in the kitchen. I just had white chocolate mousse froyo on a date with my sis this week!

OK…today is the day I am going to REALLY make that protein dough…it looks so good. ;-)

Kori says:

I make my own protein bars, so I guess protein powder. Thanks for the new workout, we’re getting slammed with snow here in Nebraska, so I will be doing more indoor/at home workouts!!

Definitely a big fan of protein powders, because you have more wiggle room with creating fun, delicious, and healthy recipes. I’m a big fan of anything chocolate and peanut butter flavors. Obviously! ;)

Marti says:

i love both protein bars and powder! i have been using sunwarrior vanilla in my oat cereal and i’m a big fan! it has been one to actually agree with my stomach. I like all the flavor options of designer whey and its much more affordable..going to have to order some and give it a try! those bars look good too! i work as a nurse and often have to chow down on some sort of protein bar to tie me over until i can get a break. these definitely look awesome! i always look for something including chocolate in it! haha

elena says:

i love kabocha squash and can’t get enough of it either. I eat three a week, but am afraid that it may cause weight gain if so, i try to limit to only three. how many do you eat a week? thank you. elena

MK says:

60 mg of cholesterol in the DW powder is a lot! I prefer vegan protein with zero cholesterol , now brand, berry flavor.

Tracy says:

Designer whey is my whey protein powder of choice. Great taste. I just checked their site and had no idea they had so many flavors!! Vanilla Almond? I ordered some right away!

Oh man, I shouldn’t have read this at snack time… just got hungry looking at all those delicious eats! Thanks for the great review, and the awesome workout!

Lindsay says:

“try this workout, then go have some dough.” haha that made me laugh :) I’ve seen a bunch of bloggers post about this stuff, and it makes me want to try it. It seems there are so many ways to use protein powder.

Globe jumps, eh? I need to look those up!

I love adding protein powders to smoothies! I normally feel that protein bars are high in sugar and calories and don’t help to keep hunger off for long. Love the idea of white chocolate flavored protein powder, so far I have only tried vanilla and chocolate.

Sherry says:

Thanks for the recipes! Will be trying them! Please do the video of the workout. Would love to do it but I’m insure of some of the exercises. I like vanilla protein powder the best ,only because you can turn it into whatever flavor you want with add ins.

I’m making it a personal mission of mine to find some dang coconut flour so I can make your protein cookie dough!!!!

I’ve been looking for a new protein powder so this one looks like a winner! And compression socks and running shoes are HIGHLY stylish and fashionable! Don’t be persuaded otherwise ;-)

Compression socks and running shoes are HIGHLY fashionable! Don’t be led to believe otherwise!

I’ve wanted to try incorporating a protein powder, and Designer Whey is on my radar! The first thing I’d make? That cookie dough! WOW!

Hunter says:

Finally caved and bought the coconut flour and the protein powder today. This is a quick and tasty dessert for a college kid trying to get rid of all the freshman weight gain. Love your blog and I follow you on twitter! You are an inspiration and keep doing what you do :)

1. Link Love says:

[...] session! This weekend, I came across two workouts that I will definitely be trying this weekend. Kristin’s Sweaty Sunday Workout looks like a leg/butt killer! Julie’s treadmill workouts always make me a sweaty mess and add [...]

2. [...] thinking of fun alternative uses for this flavor, although none of my ideas were as great as these ones from Stuft [...]

3. [...] yes. Since I already ate my way through all the Designer Whey protein bars I received with my fun protein goodies the other week (yep, they were that good) and I’m out of kabocha squash, I’ve had to make some [...]

4. [...] made a modified version of white chocolate protein cookie dough with unsweetened almond milk instead of applesauce. It was a bit more like a yogurt type [...]

5. [...] make one huge mess of a sweet plate with some Flatout cinnamon crisps, white chocolate protein cookie dough, low calorie peanut butter frosting and a little [...]