One Stop Shop

Hey, I just have time for a quick little check in.

I ran the Women’s Half Marathon this morning down in San Diego.

It was a fun one.

(Note- I did not run the race Michael Jackson style with only one glove on.)

Official results haven’t been posted yet, but my Garmin had this.

It was a pretty productive morning while I was down there.

I got to run a pretty low key, fun, flat race.

I got some hang time with one heck of an amazing and inspirational runner and friend.

(By hang time I mean we got to race AND do a little post race hoarding “grocery shopping”.)

We even did a little 5 mile jog afterwards. It’s so much easier to run with other people. I don’t know why I don’t do that more often.

I just ate my very last kabocha squash. I’m a little sad, but going to try to do a little squash detox for a couple days.

I took a picture, but I’ll save it for the full recap post.

For now I’ll just show you my awesome recovery outfit.

My 110% Play Harder knickers complete with ice packs (review of these little gems coming soon) and my Pro Compression calf sleeves.

I wonder if STUFT Daddy wants to take me out to dinner tonight wearing this?

Ha ha.

I’m trying to muster up the energy to get some things done around the house so I can relax with some adult beverages and chocolate tonight. Sometimes the house chores are a little more difficult to tackle than racing.

See you soon!

Hope you had a great Sunday!

Comments

Congrats on your race–you kicked butt!!! 🙂 Enjoy your low-key evening . . . adult beverages and chocolate sound divine! 🙂

elizabeth says:

I made squash soup today and only have 3 squash left! I guess I will have to do a squash detox soon also.
    Already on the chocolate and adult beverages here tonight. I’ve been feeling off the last couple days, no appetite and feeling crappy. I did a Bob Harper Ulitmate CArdio Body and a run up the mountains with the dogs today, but still feel off, so I’m hoping a vodka martini will help, haven’t had one for a long time! Dessert will be almond milk ice cream with chocolate sauce, (cacao, almond milk, vanilla, stevia, a bit of coconut flour) and peanut/coconut cream. My husband has a birthday today, so pumpkin pie and whipped cream for him. Hoping for an 11 mile run tomorrow morning, but its supposed to be 8 degrees and windy so not sure, but I really need it! Great Sunday to you too!

Maria says:

Congrats Stuft Mama!!! Awesome race! Enjoy your night 😉

Aldona says:

Can I ask what garmin is that?

Aldona says:

Congrats to the fast mama 🙂

Aldona says:

Congrats to the fast mama 🙂

Mary Kate says:

Simply amazing Stuft Mama! Congratulations!

Amazing run and then you did 5 more after!!! Crazy lady– my Kabocha tasted so bad tonight– made me sad 🙁 almost soap like– had to toss it! My husband just told me tonight that I needed to detox.

CONGRATS on a fabulously fast half marathon, you are incredible!!

(PS your shopping cart reminds me of our foraging for bottled water/bananas/etc. after the Runner’s World Half 🙂 We are so thrifty, don’t want anything to go to waste 🙂

Um, hello 6th place finisher! You rocked it.

I got yelled at for taking more than one bar, so I guess I can blame your grocery shopping for my post-run policing? 😉

So great seeing you on the course, felt like I was chasing you down. HA.

Pam says:

Congrats on an amazing race!!! 🙂 🙂

EriGates says:

Congrats on your awesome time! I hear you w/ the house work-why can we run forever but… when it comes to laundry and cleaning-just too tired! lol You are a true inspiration:)!

Tess says:

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!! Chores are ALWAYS harder to tackle than a run!!! Fabulous time on the half!!! Way to go Stuft Mama

Robin says:

You are incredible. Congrats on another amazing race. I am excited to see what you do at Boston. 🙂

What a great time! You should be proud!

I think the pictures of you guys hoarding the post-race goodies is SO funny. I always feel bad about doing that!

Marilyn says:

I’m so glad it was a fun one. I thought of you this weekend because I went and got fitted for running shoes for the first time, and now I’m rocking Mizuno Wave Runners! So excited to really run in them. They feel so good.

HOLY CRAP lady! You are a racing machine!

PS. I checked the results from the race (I’m not a stalker – just crazy)…you came in 6th!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! xoxoxo

Denise says:

I know you are getting loads of accolades for your race…but I HAD to tell you too that I am stinking amazed by you and LOVE that I know someone who came in 6th place out of 1,700. SERIOUSLY you are doing a great job! Way to go friend!

1. […] couldn’t take a shower and get my recovery outfit on fast […]

2. […] Then we did what we know how to do best- a little post race “grocery shopping”. […]