Want to Know?

Workout:

2.5 mile treadmill run (no idea of time, I just fit in what I could before I had to teach a class)

Taught a BOSU class

Ran 3.0 miles with the stroller to the park

Ran 7.2 miles on the treadmill (8:00- 8:20 minute mile pace)

Hmmm… so that’s a total of 12.2 miles for the day. Was hoping to just get in about 8 or 9, but our “hooky day” was a darn busy one and the opportunities were there so I took them.

So……

Want to know who finally decided to do his thing in the big boy potty two days in a row?

Want to know what we count while we run in the stroller?

photo

Basketball hoops of course. Today the total was four. It was a bit of a disappointment.

Want to know how the cool kids swing at the playground?

photo

Want to know what is a necessity on days that naps don’t happen?

Want to see who now follows me on Twitter?

(Not sure how I feel about that one.)

Want to know what Judah told me we needed to go to the store to buy?

Jalapeños and salad. Interesting.

Want to see the cooler than cool Pro Compression Sock of the Month for March?

Want to see my dinner experiment that turned out surprisingly well?

Recipe to come, but yes, friends, I made a broccoli slaw pizza crust. I don’t know what took me so long. It’s not as great as the spaghetti squash pizza crust, but it was super easy and tasty.

Want to see what random dessert I ate?

I made this Chia Goodness and topped it with strawberries, cinnamon, Stevia and vanilla soymilk.

Not too shabby.

Want to know what I learned from Dr. Oz while on the treadmill?

– Packaged foods are filled with sugar, salt and fat. Companies do lab tests to find the perfect combination or amount of sugar to add so people will keep eating them and want to buy more.

– For sugary cereals, they have kids taste test. (Confession- We’ve been eating way too many chocolate Frosted Flakes over here lately.)

– The worst packaged snack for you is potato chips because of the combination of salt, sugar and fat.

– Even though a processed food’s label says that the trans fat is 0, there can still be partially hydrogenated oils in it. “Partially hydrogenated oil” is just another name for trans fat and companies sneak it in by using smaller amounts. Read the labels. Trans fats are the worst for you.

Dang, I got home and checked a bunch of labels in our pantry after that. We’re pretty good, but seriously, watching that show made me want to stay far away from packaged snack foods.

Want to know why I‘m choosing to stay away from kabocha just for a bit?

Well, it was just becoming too much. I was eating at least one a day. Not a big deal since I eat a lot anyway, but when I really thought about how much time and money I was spending on that dang squash, I decided I could go a little while without it.

Sure, I missed it today, but heck, I swear I had more time because I wasn’t spending 20 minutes cutting one up. Ha.

Okay, want to know what I’m going to do right now?

Sleep.

I just read this article on the Competitor website that says it will make you faster.

So…. good night!

Your turn- Want to tell me something? Anything?

Comments

Leah says:

I am currently potty training my two year old girl so I know what a big deal the potty visits can be!

Want to know what I am doing right now? My oldest is at pre school, my youngest is napping… I am enjoying a HOT coffee, solo, in a quiet house. Ahh. 🙂

Bree Bond says:

You’re my favorite. Want to know what my favorite meal is right now…. Roasted kabocha squashed with protein sauce and Nutzo. I have found my taste bud soul mate and it is you Stuft Mama! Also really wanna try the compression socks out, you have me thinking about them. Also wishing I could take one of your bosu ball classes, seems fun. Ok… I think that’s all. Sleep well Mrs. Kristin 🙂

I am an all or nothing kind of girl. It is a major dislike in my like. It effects every thing I do. Whether its exercise, eating, cleaning and like your kabocha squash issue the type of foods I eat too.

When I am “into” working out I am totally in. Same with eating well…I wouldn’t even think of snacking or eating processed….big problem b/c when I do have the snack I then hit the slippery slope and I REALLY SNACK …for days.

Right now I am really into grapefruit. I have been having one every morning but I think about them all day and could probably eat one with every meal. I just don’t and never have had that ..”Just one bite or one dessert mentality”…ugh!!

Kathy- I am so an all or nothing person too! It’s frustrating isn’t it? 🙂 I’ve hit the slippery snack slope (with not good for you snacks) big time lately and am trying to get back on track. It’s tough. Hmm… grapefruit. We have those in our back yard. I should try that one out. Have a great day!

i LOVE those pro compression socks 🙂 so cute!

the broccoli slaw crust looks amazing, i may have to try it out!

LOVE the pro compression socks for March. If they offer a discount, will you let us know?!? I’m Irish, and therefore feel they should be part of wardrobe right away!! 🙂

kaitlyn says:

Well,since you were talking about packaged foods being bad, I thought I would throw in my two cents on the squash. A lot of Kombucha squash are imported from Japan. I’m sure they grow hybrids in California, but it might be worth looking at the labels if you are into the whole local v. non debate with food. I enjoy kombucha squash-can’t ever find it in Wyoming. But, health food stores in Colorado sell them, but most of the time they are imported. So, I try and stick with squash that can be locally grown. The boring stuff like spaghetti and acorn.

I love broccoli slaw- but pizza crust no way!! I cant wait to see this one!

Lindsay says:

Starbucks followed you! You’re famous 😀

Gillian says:

Since my favorite running bloggers (you, SR, and RER) got me hooked on Pro Compression socks I am obsessed with them! I am soooo excited about the March socks and I’d like to think they took my email suggestions 😉 after all they did reply and tell me I had good ideas! Anyway, totally agree on the snack foods, the amount of processing done to many foods today is SCARY. I’m a vegetarian and eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies and really try to keep that other junk out of my pantry. It’s tough sometimes though. Ok thats enough from me, have a fabulous day!

Broccoli slaw pizza crust, can’t wait to see the recipe! And those socks are too fun for March.

Chels R. says:

OMG those socks! I just bought some black ones too to add to my collection! Tempting!

Lexa T says:

I NEED these socks! St. Patty’s Day is one of my favorite holidays! I am running in a race on the 16th and would love to have them.

I couldn’t find that darn squash at the store today and was so bummed. I think it is good you are taking a little break from it. Plus how awesome were those extra 20 minutes??? Oh and yes I was so stoked to see chia seeds at Costco. I LOVE that darn place. 😉

YAY for the potty!!!! Seriously the day my youngest was potty trained was the happiest day ever!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the march compression socks!

Love the St. Patrick’s Day Pro Compression socks! And yes, it is quite scary what is in some (most) packaged food products!

I saw that Dr. Oz show – YIKES!!! 🙂

I want to get BOSU certified so I can teach BOSU classes– trying to get the BOSU folks to get me info so I can take some classes- Going for Tabata Boot camp certification next weekend and can’t wait!!

Packaged food scares the crap out of me. I look for simple ingredients before I buy anything prepackaged. The boys even know to look first before asking or they won’t get it. They know what my no no’s are.

Yeah, the kabocha addiction is real! I will enjoy some for you tonight my friend because that’s what friends do! Love ya lady!

I know Sarena, it’s too darn convenient and all that stuff they put in it is just NOT okay. Working on some other toddler friendly options over here. 🙂 Hope you enjoyed some kabocha for me.

Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.wordpress.com says:

I really want to take a BOSU class… I should look for one ASAP.
    I’m surprised your skin hasn’t taken on an orange hue from all that Kabocha! While I support your kabocha kick, there could be worse addictions 😉
    I love love love broccoli slaw. Can’t WAIT to get that pizza crust recipe!
    Glad you had a productive hooky day! I was that same “cool” student. Only days I missed were because of surgery, haha!

elizabeth says:

lately, I’ve been worrying about the kiddos and too much of that junk in food! I want them to have “normal” eating habits so I don’t restrict. I made a concerted effort tonight to make sure and offer MORE fruits and vegetables at dinner (with our pizza). Also, I am going to make sure they are getting their calcium and Omega 3 Smoothie. I love that stuff—YUMMO! Have you bought it for yours? Its also sometimes hard to know what to pack in lunches? I don’t want to waste, dont want to deprive, want it to be healthy….hmmm..e

We are STILL working on the whole potty thing over here! I never thought it would take this long! Anyhow, I love your spaghetti squash pizza crust. I can’t wait to try it! I just made a Mexican spaghetti squash casserole with black beans, chicken, onions, chopped tomatoes, salsa and cheddar cheese the other day and it was SO good!