New Sneaks, a Shower Secret and Snacks

Thursday workouts:

AM- Morning treadmill run 7.39 miles-

Went down like this: warm-up mile, 1 mile at 6:44, 2 minute jog, 1 mile at 6:40, 2 minute jog, 1 mile at 6:40, 2 minute jog, 1 mile at 6:35, slow jog until my 60 minutes was up on the treadmill.

PM- Taught a Y40X class and a strength training class at the gym

I tried to keep spreading the Reebok “Live With Fire” message with this tank that I’m loving more and more every time I wear it, my yoga capris and some brand spanking new sneaks.

Yeah, these launch today. Big news. I don’t know how I got on the cool kid list, but I received the new Reebok Sky DMX shoes just the other day before the big launch.

How cool are these?

The first thing I noticed was the underfoot bubbles.

How can you not notice those? Looks like you should feel like you’re walking on air, right?

Well, I pretty much did. Those cushioning bubbles are no joke.

Here’s a little information on these new shoes.

image

I can definitely attest to the amazing cushioning and the comfortable fit. It did feel like I was walking on clouds a bit.

Too bad it was just concrete and then the gym floor. Ha.

They were very supportive through a couple hours of teaching and I totally felt like they gave me a little extra bounce in my step during my high intensity class with all the plyometric moves and jumping.

Pretty cool shoes.

image

They even come in a few different colors, but I like the black because they never really look dirty and always match black pants.

You can check these new DMX Sky shoes out here. See, now you’re on the cool list too since today is the first day of the official launch. He he.

You know who else is on the cool list?

Yep, both these cool cats.

So, I guess it’s time to spill a little shower secret. More often than I really should admit, I don’t shower in between the classes I teach or between my morning and evening workouts if it’s a day when I’m doubling up. Thank goodness for the people who come to my classes that I got my hands on some of these Action Wipes.

I really love everything about these wipes. They’re large, they smell fabulous, they come in single packs you can toss in your gym bag, you can repurpose them and they’re made with pure essential oils.

I used one to clean myself up after the race before my little Sweaty Sunday teaching session the other week.

Truth be told, I have about three different unorganized gym bags with all my random gear, but you better believe I have a couple of these wipes stashed in each one. Ha.

And, well, let’s talk snacks. Since I still haven’t given in and bought a kabocha squash (I really should be keeping track of the money I’m saving daily), I’ve been snacking on some other fun stuff besides sweet roasted kabocha squash.

Today I took my Designer Whey White Chocolate Protein Cookie and sliced it up after I baked it so I had some cute little protein flatbread bites.

Awesome, I know. I served it up with some charred Flatout cinnamon crisps and a pear.

I also had some pumpkin protein cookie dough (minus the oats) topped with low calorie peanut butter frosting and a little Trader Joe’s trail mix pack to top all the goodies.

Um, yeah, I also snacked on this.

It’s the only proper way to finish off an almost empty jar of chocolate NuttZo in my book. There’s a dark chocolate microwave muffin at the bottom and then some low calorie cake batter ice cream. It was heavenly.

And, not that you care, but after snacking pretty much all afternoon (it was the no nap thing that did it to me), I just needed a ginormous Italian salad for dinner with roasted broccoli slaw.

It was good.

All right friends, have a wonderful Friday!

If you could choose, would you rather have new workout shoes or a new outfit?

Do you have a shower secret?

What’s your favorite thing to do with an almost empty jar of nut butter?

(I’m full of questions this fine Friday I guess.)

*I was sent the Reebok shoes as part of a FitFluential campaign. I was also sent the Action Wipes (only after begging for them because I love them). All opinions are my own.

Comments

Amy says:

I would rather have new workout clothes! I hardly ever buy new workout clothes so I wear the same ones over and over.

Great job on your run! Your workouts motivate me so much!

New shoes for sure……I love different colors to go with different outfits and to have for different weather issues I encounter in MN. 😉 I also like black b/c of the matchy match with black pants/capris. 😉

Becca says:

I’ve been thinking about getting a new pair of workout shoes, I’ve been bad and wearing my running shoes to classes and boot camp and I think I need something different for the side to side and jumping that’s in classes. Would you recommend these (even though they’re ‘running’ shoes) or is there a different pair that you like better? Thanks 🙂

I love Reebok shoes for classes and boot camp type stuff. Not sure if these exact shoes are the best for indoor, but I love the RealFlex 2.0 for indoor classes!

As always your run inspires me, I hope to be able to continue increasing my milage and speed. Love making oats in a jar with empty PB jars. I feel like new shoes are a treat as there more expensive. I get most of my workout tops at TJmax for less than $10, can’t find shoes for that price.

Lexa T says:

I love getting new shoes. I tend to get the shoes first and then a new outfit here and there that match the new shoes. I never really used thought of using the empty PB jar for a snack. Glad I have one right now to try!

I wish I lived near you. Your posts make me feel like we’d be BFFS 🙂
    If you could choose, would you rather have new workout shoes or a new outfit?
    WORKOUT SHOES, always 🙂
    Do you have a shower secret?
    I suck at lotioning my body on a regular basis so I use the moisturizing body wash by olay after I am done washing my body regularly. It really does help!
    What’s your favorite thing to do with an almost empty jar of nut butter?
    Once it’s all gone and empty (because I licked it clean), in the world of pinterest your opportunities with jars are endless.

I don’t have a shower secret but I have a wardrobe secret: I wear workout clothes layered with enough “real clothes” to be office appropriate. That way I can cut out a good 5 minutes at the gym!
    My favorite use for an empty nut butter jar is to fill it with a sliced banana, some chobani, and a few chocolate chips:-)

sherry says:

FYI – Nuttzo 50% off ends tonight. Post from FB: Does Anyone know why tomorrow is my favorite holiday? IF it’s yours too.. 50% OFF NuttZo Original and NuttZo CHOC online http://www.nuttzo.com 24HR SALE with COUPON CODE JARFULLOFLOVE (ALL CAPS- NO SPACES) #nationalPeanutButterLoversDay #AKA #NuttZo

Kanoe says:

If you could choose, would you rather have new workout shoes or a new outfit? Oh this is an easy one new shoes!! I have a slight sneaker obsession/addiction so any chance I can get my hot hands on new ones I JUMP & SCREAM @ the chance HAHA!! Wish I was lying… I”m not lol! No shower secrets but I’ll have to get my hands on some of those wipes just in case of emergencies… dontcha know hehe. I’ve yet to be creative with an empty PB jar but I will be now. You’ve given me glorious ideas. Thanks! 🙂

Kim Perry says:

As much as I love adding to my workout clothes collection, I am in dire need of a new pair of gym sneakers!! (And running sneakers!!)

I really want some of those shoes – haven’t run in Reebok in awhile but used to love them! I’ve already checked out the site and picked out my colors! (Are they in stores yet or just online?)

morgan says:

well first I was going to say new workout clothes but I keep scrolling back up to the top of the page to look at those Reeboks & now I am hooked 🙂 love both but today- shoes! my gym AM workout hook is my bottle of dry shampoo- saves my life with long hair & living in cold climates! I just buy the cheap stuff & my hairdresser hasn’t complained (yet!)
    also, your foodie photos motivate me to: A) make better eating choices during my day B) work on making some of them in my kitchen C) try new things (I am a serious brand creeper!)
    Thanks for a fabulous Friday post!

Adrienne says:

Hands down SHOES!!

meredith says:

I love to add my oatmeal/greek yogurt/fruit mix to my empty jar of crunch time….I gave up buying butternut squash this week so we are in the same boat regarding squash lol…it was starting to be slightly out of season that this is the first week I passed on it! I may have withdrawal soon. I bought a 5 lb bag of carrots figuring I can roast up a bunch. Still need my orange vegetable in addition to sweet potatoes!

I’m going to try roasting carrots too! Have you done it before?

• meredith says:

Oh my goodness, they are amazing! Get yourself the biggest bag because you will love them! Buy the unpeeled carrots – then peel and slice. I either roast them sweet – using cinnamon (and even a drop of honey but so not needed) or I roast them as “carrot fries” using italian seasoning. Let them roast for a while. Oh my goodness, delicious! Totally deliciousness. It will be your new thing. I promise that! I eat them straight up or mix into salads, thrown into other things I am cooking or simply dipped into ketchup (that is how my son eats them)…They are also great with peanut butter. But isn’t everything?

Action packed post!! I so wanted those shoes as part of the FF campaign!!!! I need shoes so bad! 🙂 Clicking on all the links too – recipes & wipes & more!!! 🙂

Elizabeth says:

Your food looks awesome!! We would get along so well! I’m on a cabbage kick
    Of late. I almost shred it and then quick stir fry in coconut oil almost char it a little topped with McCormick garlic pepper. Delicious! And tonight I made homemade EASY spaghetti sauce! It was delicious. I think it was the Riesling splash. Did you check out Barleans yet? I hope your race goes Super tomorrow! Knock em dead girl. I am so loving your blog! E

Omigosh I want these shoes!! Also those wipes might come in handy in the summer walking all around campus!

1. […] out my new shoes!!  The other day Stuft Mama did a post about these shoes because she received a pair right before Reebok did the big launch.  I thought […]

2. […] good to get a second opinion. and a third. and fourth. check out electra’s, meredith’s, and kristin’s […]