Sweating and Eating

the texas chainsaw massacre online free

chainsaw cuts Workout:

what is the best chainsaw sharpener Ran 9 miles on the treadmill at the gym. Not sure exactly how long it took, but I didn’t go fast because I just wasn’t feeling it.

stihl chainsaw ebay My 60 minutes was up at 7.6 miles and I had to stop and restart the treadmill. That really annoys me. I seriously debated hopping off at that point and calling it good enough, but I decided to start it again to finish off my 1.4 miles.

the texas chainsaw massacre comics Glad I did.

photo

Not glad my ear was sticking out like that for goodness knows how long, but hey, oh well.

An hour and a half later I taught a 45 minute BOSU class. I didn’t even shower in between or change clothes. I did wipe down with an Action Wipe though, so I guess that counts for something.

photo

Um, yeah, I was sweating some serious garlic though today. Might have something to do with what I added to my dinner last night.

Have you ever seen garlic like that by the way? That is garlic, isn’t it? Andrew told me it was.

We started the day off with some interesting early cleaning around here.

naked cleaning

So to reward ourselves, in between my run and my class we had a little breakfast date. These pretty cool dudes didn’t really seem to mind my garlic stench too much, although Joaquin did say “I smell something” when he gave me a hug. Lovely.

Our hot date was at Panera. I was starving and I figured we could do the least amount of harm there.

photo

I went with a whole grain bagel and brought my own spread. Yep, I’m that girl.

photoIMG_0498

We had some time to kill afterwards so we ventured over to wave to the dancing man we look for every day.

I’m fairly certain he can dance better than me.

Before I show you a bunch of food pictures, I need to say that I don’t post everything I eat on here. It takes too much time and thought. I don’t show you when I eat an entire bag of my favorite Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness granola (which happens more than I’d like to admit) or when I ‘m super tired and don’t feel like cooking and beg Andrew to pick up some pizza for us (which also happens more than I’d like to admit).

But, that happens though. To be totally honest, it has been happening a little too often lately. I have not been making the best eating choices for myself or the boys so my goal for this week is to really try to clean up all of our eating and cook healthy meals. So far, so good (with the exception of their muffins from Panera this morning-oops).

And……well, I eat a lot friends. I have to. Always have, always will.

The only reason I show all my concoctions is just in case you want to try them or because I think I’m cool or something for coming up with them. Ha ha.

So, with that said,

here are some seriously honorable mentions in the eating department so far this week.

I discovered a new protein bar that I’m pretty blown away by.

Its called a Quest Bar. It’s fabulous. I’ve only gotten to try a few flavors, but this banana nut muffin one rocked my socks off on the way to the gym.

You’ll be hearing more about these bars for sure, but the nutritional stats are pretty darn awesome with 20 grams of protein and about 17-18 grams of fiber. I can already tell I’m going to be a bit obsessed.

Speaking of obsessed, I came dangerously close to running out of Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla the other day. That won’t be happening again anytime soon.

I’ve been making creamy dreamy ice cream and the other day I even toasted my own oats mixed with a little maple syrup and cocoa powder for a single serving of granola. I didn’t measure anything, but it came out pretty darn well.

I’ll work on getting a recipe together on it.

Since I didn’t have the ultimate strawberry breakfast salad for breakfast, I had it for lunch, complete with a little added NuttZo.

I even tried roasting some new veggies tonight.

Dinner was roasted peas

roasted carrots

and turkey burgers. Um and yes, it was Meredith who told me to roast carrots.

image

She is brilliant.

I wrapped my turkey burger in Swiss chard.

The boys’ dinner looked like this. I have to try the vegetables out on them just a few at a time.

.Speaking of vegetables, I’m convinced you can roast just about any vegetable with a little nonstick spray, seasoning and garlic salt at 375 or 400 convection for 20-30 minutes and it will be fabulous.

I’m also convinced that this dark chocolate microwave muffin with a little peanut butter and a Chobani Bite cup was a pretty fabulous dessert for my evening “office hours” just now.

IMG_7559.

I also think I owe you a couple days of not talking about random food after way too much food chat in this post.

Sorry about that.

Okay, off to bed I go to be ready for the new morning routine around here.

Comments

I really want to try the Quest protein bars. I must find them! Good job on pushing through your run. That’s a tough mental game to play.

meredith says:

I am so glad you like the carrots! They look delicious! Have you tried freezing the Chobani bite cups? We freeze the raspberry dark chocolate cups and they taste amazing. My son decided they taste like a Krackel candy bar because of the texture with the crunchy pieces of dark chocolate…And I get wild when the treadmill shuts off on me. I like to be in charge. So as nutty as it sounds, sometimes I stop the mill at the 5 mile mark and restart so it is on my own terms.

Becky Przy says:

Oh my, I love Quest bars! Heat them up for a few seconds in the microwave and they will really blow your socks off;-) I didn’t know they made little packets of PB2!

I hate when TM stop after 60 minutes. The worst was when I was doing a 12 mile run and the TM stops clocking after 10 miles…but I didn’t know because I had it covered up with a towel….

Miz says:

ooh I need to QUEST.

I love Quest, but i haven’t tried that flavor yet. I hope I get to soon!

Great idea about bringing your own spread. I have an Einstein bagels gift card I need to use, so hopefully I’ll remember your tip when I use it!

Lindsay says:

I agree about being able to roast any vegetable– delicious! As for what you were calling ‘garlic’, they look like green onions/ spring onions to me!

The powered peanut butter looks delicious!
    And the sticker on little man made me laugh out loud :)

Adrienne S says:

Those look like scallions to me. Which is more an onion than garlic.

Kate Nesi says:

I am sooooo glad you mentioned you had to reset the treadmill. I have to do that a lot at my gym to get my miles in, and I was feeling envious of you because you were getting in longer runs without having to do so. I was like, where can you find a treadmill at a gym to go longer than 60 minutes!!!

Plus, those roasted carrots are going to be on my meal plan this week, yum!! Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa says:

I’m not normally a commenter but I have been reading your blog for the past few weeks and just wanted to say how insanely cute your kids are. I have a 15 month old son so little boys hold a soft spot in my heart. You boys are just delicious!!

I have to start roasting myself some veggies! Do you season them before, after, or both? And with what? (hopefully something other than cayenne pepper. hehehe).

And also, be on the look out for a short email from me. I had a question (or two)!

Emz says:

Pretty sure I’ve made everyone aware of my feelings about Quest bars!

Have you roasted celery yet? I just recently tried it (another blogger tipped me off to the idea), and was blown away. Celery isn’t exactly my favorite veggie to begin with, but roasted, it was amazing!!

Elena says:

Where do you buy the Quest bars? Can’t wait to try them.

debbi says:

OMG, I just discovered QUEST bars also after the guy at the nutrition store recommended them. I bought several, the PB&J was ok, but the banana nut muffin is out of this world. I went back yesterday and bought a box!

Michelle says:

I have been roasting everything for a while now! My latest faves are sweet potato “chips”, roasted green beans and I have been a carrot roasting addict for a while! Get the little matchstick carrots and spray with a bit of pan spray, sprinkle with onion powder and a bit of garlic powder and sea salt. Roast them low and slow until they are all dried out and crunchy. Taste like Durkee Fried Onions! YUM!
    Cute clean up crew, by the way…lol!

Yum! All that food looks good! I’m going to have to try that Ice cream! This pregnant lady will NEVER turn down ice cream! :)

And my son would walk around like that all day too if you let him. In fact, I thought my husband was watching him last night so I jumped in the shower only to get out and find him naked in my bed watching curious george. Not entirely sure how that happened but it did. Oh well. :)

elizabeth says:

I love green garlic! Such a treat in the Spring. My garlic won’t be coming up for quite a while though here in Montana.

I’ve been using my creamy dreamy ice cream cubes in my Growing Naturals chocolate rice protein shakes. I’m not making the chocolate muffin with coconut flour anymore. I love coconut flour, but it was sitting weird in my stomach. I always eat a lot of fiber, but this was different, it was like the coconut flour would just sit in my stomach and keep me full and I hate that feeling, I like to get hungry. Have you noticed anything about eating coconut flour and your body? I may have to try again, because its so good and healthy. I like to mix it with peanut flour, almond milk and stevia.

Your breakfast salad looks great, I’ll have to try it, I do like egg whites a lot, although I try not to eat too many egg whites since I don’t have chickens and I don’t think mass chicken farming is good.

Pam says:

great workout on the TM!! :) love all of your healthy recipe concoctions! :) I’m roasting carrots right now for a snack later. have a great day!

I am going to have to try roasting carrots! I love other roasted veggies.

Sometimes I clean with no pants on, it’s what the “cool kids” do! Your garlic sweat reminded me one time I ate at Stinking Rose in San Fran before an early morning flight, I am certain I stunk up the entire plane, classy :) Have a fab day!

Kim Perry says:

AH everything you eat looks amazing! And we don’t mind you talking about it ;) I could talk food all day!
    I made my self a loaded sweet potato last night and thought of you!! http://runhunny.com/

Keep doing what you’re doing! I love reading about it!

Someone else said it above, but I think those are scallions. I put mine in water and chop of the part of the top I want to eat. they keep growing that way (notice the roots at the bottom) for quite some time. Crazy!

Breanna says:

The garlic you show above is really a green onion (also known as a scallion) – it should taste kind of oniony but more subtle. Maybe Andrew thought they were garlic scapes – which are amazing in recipes btw…..

CoMo says:

I HEART roasted veggies, thanks for the suggestion on the carrot fries! Can’t wait to try it! BTW, the “garlic” you are holding in the picture looks like an onion/scallion, which are DELISH too! :-)

debbie says:

I love your food chat. I learn so much about food from you. Keep it coming
    LOVE roasting my vegies/slaw, everything.
    YUM<

Carrot fries?! I never would have thought of that! Did you season them with garlic salt? How did you like them?

Samantha says:

I laughed and laughed about Joaquin and the smell something comment. I went way over board with the garlic in the hummus I made a couple of days ago. It stays with you all night long.

By the way, I do believe you had green garlic…looks a lot like scallions:

I don’t see them often in the stores around here, so nice find. You will have me on the hunt locally now.

Have a great day!

Hey Kristin,

Totally off topic but …..Remember when you mentioned Zulily?! I think you said you ordered from them and I had just done it too for the first time….well, my order came yesterday. The brand of clothing I ordered is called “Gypsy Daisy” and I must say the clothing is lovely!! Fit perfectly, is soft and relaxing (which I love), and the price was great.

Just thought I would pass that on b/c it kind of looks like the comfy clothes you would wear too. Just saying. ;-) Have a great one!

holly says:

Green onions not garlic. They are good roasted.Still not convinced chard is a good roasting veggie.

Sally says:

Yay! You tried quest bars! I tried the banana nut muffin and chocolate chip cookie dough for the first time a this week and MAN are they good… I’m about to eat a chocolate peanut butter one now for my pre-run snack. YUM.

Wendi says:

I read everyday and I love that you post so much food! I’ve tried many of your recipes and products you use- all amazing! I actually just got back from gnc so I could try a quest bar after seeing you post about it! Your gym pictures help motivate me to get to the gym regularly too! Thanks!!

Kerri says:

I am pretty sure those are green onions and not garlic, but I could be wrong. (and the nutritional stats should be about the same. Plus, they will both make you stink so it really is a wash either way, right???) Made myself a breakfast salad like yours but with apples, blueberries and vanilla protein dressing. Followed by a Quest Choc Chip Cookie Dough bar. Have you tried those yet? Have. Mercy. My favorite!

I take my food everywhere!!! :) OMG – that pic of your son – too funny!!! Love your food recipes! I also found a PB2 alternative – Just Great Stuff that is organic & uses coconut sugar if you want to check it out. Found at my local health store.

Sierra says:

I found your blog through instagram a few weeks ago … it is now my favorite blog and I am seriously addicted to reading it!! You are so funny, have really great recipes and are fantastic! I never roasted a vegetable prior to reading your blog … I am now a roasting vegetable nut! haha

Tracey S says:

Those might be ramps, too. Kind of a cross between garlic and onion. We sell quest bars on our website, they are awesome when you heat em up for like 10 seconds. http://www.thatsupplementguy.com

1. [...] squash detox. Ha ha. My wallet is happy, I don’t have squash on the brain daily, I’m finding other things to roast and I seem to have a little more time in my day. I’m missing the extra arm workout though. Ha [...]

2. [...] is “one of her favorite blogs” and Kristin over at Stuft Mama referred to me in her post as a “genius” for introducing her to the roasted carrot. Those kind words and gestures [...]

3. [...] we’re feeling a little adventurous we go the Italian route. It takes the whole roasted carrots idea we got from Meredith to a new [...]

4. [...] My first one, and every bit as good as STUFT Mama made it sound.  I might have to order a box of [...]