It’s the Least I Can Do, I Mean He Built Us a Freaking Fort

Tuesday Workout:

Taught 8:15 am spin class

Ran 9 miles on the treadmill afterwards at an 8:00 minute mile pace. Surprisingly it felt pretty good. Maybe it was making sure I got more than my money’s worth at Souplantation the previous night. Ha.

Before I forget, just to clear things up, I’m not a fan of the snooze button. I don’t usually use it. But for some reason yesterday morning, I just could not stop pressing it. It was probably because I had high hopes of getting up extra early. Funny how that happens. Ha.

I’m happy to report it wasn’t pressed at all this morning. Phew. I think it put a bit of a damper on my day yesterday.

I mean, I tried to go shopping at Target without my wallet. Yeah. Pretty smart, huh? Especially with toddlers who had their heart set on the Target trip right then and there. Let’s just say you’re lucky you weren’t in the car with us for the next 20 minutes to go get my wallet and try it again and explaining to cranky three years old that you can’t buy anything when you don’t have money with you was more difficult than I thought.

Luckily a fire truck sighting helped a bit once we got everything taken care of.

I posted this on Instagram and a couple people pointed out that their shirts were quite appropriate. Pretty darn funny. I didn’t even realize it.

Anyhoo….

Here’s a couple of food highlights from yesterday just because.

I used those Trader Joe’s Organic Power to the Greens in a little chicken salad with hot and sweet salad dressing for lunch.

Pretty tasty.

I’m also pretty darn excited we have some Scotty B’s back in the house.

Oh how I’ve been missing these.

That Ghostly Garlic sauce goes fabulously on just about anything, especially Italian style burnt veggies dishes.

I put the garlic sauce, Cholula and some marinara on a whole mess of roasted broccoli slaw, roasted brussel sprouts, some more of that Power to the Greens mix and chicken and topped it with additional crushed red pepper, fresh basil and nutritional yeast.

I finally sat down for dinner was late last night during my night time “office hours”.

Pretty sweet set up, huh? Ha. Dang, my computer is a bit dirty.

So… it’s a certain someone’s birthday today. Oh yes it is. Last year we celebrated a little something like this. This year the boys and I have a little fun morning planned. The first thing we want to do is surprise STUFT Daddy with his ginormous cupcake from our best ever low fat cupcakes from a box we made yesterday.

It’s the least we can do. The man has built a masterpiece in our backyard over the past week.

Check out how it looks now.

Complete with swings. Although I tried my best to swing on their little swings

I was told I was not doing it right and to get off.

Luckily I have my own swing on the side with the perfect view.

I’m so spoiled.

Okay, off to tackle the special day. This guy deserves only the best. I’m thankful for him every single minute of every day.

And this guy is up and ready to make sure I don’t forget our morning plans.

photo

Have a great day!

Really, I will give you some recipes in my next post. It’s about time, yes?

Comments

Kristina says:

happy birthday!!! I hope he has a great day, hope you all do – enjoy! XO

Aw hope you have a great day!! Birthdays are always so much fun; that fort looks amazing too!! Bet that will provide endless fun!

I once drove 20 min to Target, with a four week old and a three year old only to realize in the parking lot I had forgotten my wallet. I had a whole list and everything and sat there and nearly cried. There was no way I was driving home to get my wallet…by then the baby would have to nurse again. I called my husband and he was nowhere close by. I called my Mom, who lives just down the road from target and she didn’t answer her phone. I decided to go in with the $8 and change I scrounged form the car and get at least kleenexes or something from my list. As I was turning the corner into the children’s departement I noticed the back of a woman’s head that looked remarkably like my mom…it was my Mom! She saved our trip to target and we got everything we needed.

Have a wonderfully special day!

I may have to try and find those hot sauces. The hubby and I (but especially the hubby) really enjoy trying new ones. Right now he’s on an Emeril’s kick. Good stuff though.

Jealous of your swing time. Looks like fun! :)

Samantha says:

OK, the shirts and the cupcake totally made me laugh this morning. Thank you for that. :)

katie says:

Target…how did you go with no wallet?! Hehe! I am addicted to that store :)

Happy Birthday to your husband! Very sweet pic of you two and the pic with the boys is so sweet as well! <3

Happy Birthday to your husband!! Have a great day!

aww, Happy Birthday to Stuft Daddy! :)

Sherry says:

Today is my son’s 10th Birthday, they are Birthday Twins! Happy Birthday to Stuft Daddy!

kim says:

first off i just want to say thank you… thank you for sharing recipes,thank you for being a role model and inspiration, really. i have read your blog for a lil while now, and i’m not a big commenter (if that is a word) however you have helped transform my family and i thank you from the bottom of my heart. your microwave multi-dimensional mommma muffins (thats what we call em) have got my husband to eat BREAKFAST! this is huge, long story. just thought i’d stop and say thank you, really!!! =)

Oh Kim- you are way too kind. So glad your husband will eat breakfast now! Believe it or not, I can’t convince Andrew to like the microwave muffins that much. LOL. Happy Friday!

Great post! I can’t tell you how many times I have gone to target or someplace else and forgot my wallet or something important. I don’t have 3 year old’s to handle, but I think the little voice in my head sounds like one when I do something silly like that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUBBY!!! Hope you have a fantastic day! And, your tolerance for spice is AMAZING! I would cry with some of those extra-spicy kicks!! Maybe that’s why you’re so fast! ha ha! ;)

Bailey Wheeler says:

Happy Birthday to STUFT DADDY! Also- I loled reading that your boys told you to get off the swings. Too precious.

I think I have been reading too long…it seems like it was his birthday just yesterday. ;-) ha!

Your boys are so cute! I have twin girls:) I enjoy your blog!

Gosh how I love hot sauces, but have never seen any of these! I need to spread my wings and try some other brands besides Frank’s and Sriracha. HA! Oh how it looks so sunny and warm out there. I’m beyond jealous…XOXO Soak it all up!

Apryle says:

Happy birthday to your hubs!
    Ok, I am really posting because I wanted to share a super easy and equally yummy recipe I just made.
    Jalepeno Greek Ranch Dip
    1 16 oz container of nonfat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 packet of ranch dip mix (more or less)
    very finely chopped canned jalepenos (put as many or as little as you like, it might even taste good with fresh jalepenos but I haven’t tried that yet)
    tiny dash of garlic powder
    That’s it. I love how I get a good amount of protein when I scarf this stuff down.

Forgot my wallet on the way to the gym once… after my workout on the way back to the car I realized this and had a minor freakout in my head. Go figure I had the most close call almost accidents in one day than ever. All was well, but yea. Been there. I’m a hot sauce fein. Can’t get enough. I think I have 3-4 bottles in my fridge right now. The TJ’s habanero is a lot more hot than I thought it would be!

HAPPY HAPPY! Love the pics – so beautiful! Hope it was a wonderful day!

1. [...] I guess he knows how to swing the right way. [...]

2. [...] I’ve professed my love for Scotty B’s hot sauces a million times on here. We were out of them for awhile, but luckily we have them back in the house. [...]