Just Some HUGE Race News- No Big Deal

Thursday Workout:

Taught a Y50X class and a strength training class at the Y

Ran 3 slow miles on the treadmill

I wasn’t sure if I was planning on running or not yesterday, but two main things motivated me to get on the treadmill late at night and at least stretch out my legs.

I’ve got some race news involving both these things that I’m just giddy about.

A little freaked out about? Yes. A little nervous about? Yes. Can not wait to race and tell you all about it? Yes.

First of all, I must tell you my mouth is still on fire.

Roasted kale salad, mushrooms, fresh basil, tomatoes, you name it were roasted last night and consumed with a little marinara, Scotty B’s Ghostly Garlic, Cholula, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar and crushed red pepper. That’s not all I ate, but that is definitely the reason my mouth is still on fire this morning.

Speaking of, don’t forget to enter the Scotty B’s giveaway. Your mouth can be on fire too. He he.

So, friends…….

the next couple of months are going to be race crazy. It’s time to buckle up!

I have the Hot Chocolate 15K San Diego this Sunday. I’m just running to run and not care about my time. Pretty much I’m just running for the chocolate at the end.

Then in a couple weeks we’re headed to my old college stomping grounds for the San Luis Obispo Marathon.

Yep, the boys and I are making a trip. It should be a fun one. I love San Luis Obispo. Love it. I’ve been wanting to do this race for awhile for so many reasons.

San Luis Obispo is awesome- small town feeling mixed with extremely nice people and beautiful country.

I’m an SLO alumni (so is STUFT Daddy).

Dean Karnazes is running it. (We’re good friends you know.)

I have some other good friends from college who live there too.

The race ends at Madonna Inn.

And, well, it just seems like a really great race.

So, we’re going. If you’re close to the area, I  think you should too. Check out this cool video about the race. There’s even a little shot of my Halo friends in there.

Come run SLO with me!

They also have a half marathon and a 5K.

The week after SLO we’re headed to Boston.

117th Boston Marathon

[source]

I still can’t even wrap my head around this one. Holy smokes. I really need to start planning the trip and scoping out some good places for us to eat. He he.

Then…….

this is some BIG news………

just two short weeks after Boston I’m headed to Big Sur with Runner’s World and Mizuno.

BSIM Logo

Ahhhhh!!! I know, right?

I’ve heard so many amazing things about this race. It’s on my “fitness bucket list” and I can’t believe it’s happening so soon!

It was even voted “Best Destination Marathon” in 2012 by readers of Competitor magazine! It looks so beautiful. There’s a reason why this race sells out fast every single year.

And, it’s not just that, I get to join in on the amazing Runner’s World Challenge fun AND the Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge. Both of these programs are just awesome and I can’t wait to be a part of the experience.

“Welcome runners to the 4th Annual Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge, an event that truly tests the limits of human endurance.  I’m proud to be returning as the Official Host of B2B and I wish you the very best in your training and preparation for this epic undertaking.”
    ~ Dean Karnazes

[source]

Oh, and hey, what do you know, Dean Karnazes will be there too. I guess I’m following my friend everywhere (SLO, Boston and Big Sur). He better watch out for some crazy stalker mama. Just kidding. Seriously though, my goal is for him to at least know my name after our third marathon together. Ha ha.

And then…..

(yes, there’s more)

the very next weekend I’m running the Golden Gate Relay with the Runner’s World Team and belVita.

the relay

[source]

Um, never ran a relay before. Nothing like running your first one with a group from Runner’s World. No big deal, right? I hope I can hang and try to be cool all the way from Calistoga to Santa Cruz. Eeeek.

And….

just kidding. That’s it for now.

Man oh man.

Deep breath.

So, right now we’re taking full advantage of a low key weekend around here.

Lots of hugs.

Lots of love.

It should be fabulous!

Have you run any of these races?

What races are on your “bucket list” if any?

Comments

So much BIG news in one post! I can’t handle it. :) Have a blast at every single event. What an amazing opportunity!

Tess says:

FANTASTIC!!!!! Can’t wait for all the recaps! WOW such exciting things for you and your family……..great way to start off Spring season ;)

Jacque says:

Congratulations!! what a fun race schedule! can’t wait to hear how the races go! :)

bethp262 says:

Wow–that is so exciting! Of the races you mentioned, I have only done Boston. I don’t know if this is your first Boston or not, but you will LOVE it! Yes, Boston is really as fun and amazing as everyone says. And if you have time while you are there, take the boys to the Museum of Science–they will have a blast!!

So much big news……so much your whole family will be a part of. Are the little ones going to Boston with you? Hubby? Just Dean? HAHAHA…… As exciting as it will be for you it will be just as exciting for me to hear your recaps and see your pictures through it all too.

Congratulations and Good Luck with ALL!!!

Wow, you are a really busy lady! And I shining example of how anyone can be fit and healthy and still be a mom. Such and inspiration!

You are going to do fabulous! Cannot wait to hear reviews and see pics. Good luck :)

PS the Kale salad look sooo good!

Pam says:

Very exciting!! I’d love to run Big Sur. Maybe next year. :) Good luck with everything!!! :)

You are one busy running mama! Ha! Fitness bucket list is definitely the Disney Marathon. One day. Not this year. Maybe not next year. But so help me…one day! :)

Jessica Jones says:

Oh man your so lucky!! Big sur is definitely one race I’m hoping to do one day!! And super excited you guys will be in SLO:) ill see you there with coffee in hand!

Wow! Congrats on these upcoming events (and who you’ll be running with!). Very exciting!

Wow, congratulations Kristin! I’m so happy and excited for you getting all of these opportunities! I know you will do great representing these companies and organizations!

You’ve got so much awesomeness on the agenda! I’ve never ran any of these races, but they all sound great. On my running bucket list is a Nike Marathon….I really want that Tiffany’s necklace. ;)

Wow! That’s some awesome news! I was just reading about Big Sur this morning and added it to my fitness bucket list, I can’t wait to read about your experiences!

Jennifer mykytiuk says:

Yea!! I do the big sur relay marathon every year! Love it! This was my first marathon. It is amazing! I will be running 18 of those 26 miles with you! So excited for you!!

Elena says:

Wow – crazy cool list! Bucket list for me – Chicago which I’m doing this year……a Disney race, Boston if I ever qualify (although this year I move up in age so the time is slower – he he) and perhaps one of those Alcatraz swims……Big one is a full Ironman which I’m tracking for in 2014. I think all our trips this year are planned around races – it’s getting obsessive. At least the hubby races too so no arm twisting necessary – LOL! Have a great weekend!

Wowzers lady! My legs are tired from reading this one ;-) And I just love roasted kale salads. I’m out of kale :-(

elizabeth says:

That Big Sur race sounds nice!
    I’m a Cal Poly SLO grad as well, haven’t been back for a long time. Lived there for a few years, graduated in 96 and don’t remember going back since, nice place for running, have fun!

purelytwins says:

you are one busy lady ;)
    have fun in Boston!!! we were going to go, but our schedules did not allow for us to go this year, as our sister with Raw Threads will be there at the expo selling her workout clothes.
    so sad we will not be there to see you :(

xoxo
    L&M

Amanda says:

Wow congrats…sounds super busy but also so much fun. Big Sur is definitely on my bucket list and doing it right after boston would be fun!

Kim Perry says:

Can’t wait to see you in BOSTON!!!!!

Wow! So many amazing races coming up…congrats!!
    You better rest up now while you can! :)

Wow – so exciting!! Congrats – and happy racing!!!

Samantha says:

What a fabulous schedule. I have only ran relay once in high school, I laughed about your upcoming one. Really, you have to just dive in there. :) And I have been to San Luis Obispo! Very cute little town. I imagine that will be fun too. Have a great day. I would run for chocolate too…

Natalie says:

That is awesome news!! I know you will rock all of your races!

Your race schedule is crazy-amazing-inspiring-incredible…. Jealous doesn’t begin to describe how I feel! Boston is on my schedule next year ( I BQ’d after registration period for this year), and Big Sur is in the top 5 on my running Bucket list!

Holly says:

So exciting! Congrats! You should probably lay off the hot & spicy for a while or you will spend your most exciting races….in the john…haha. I love, love love, SLO. My husband grew up in San Marcos and we’ve had the privilege of spending some time in beautiful SLO when we’ve gone back for visits. Such a cute, cute town! My fitness bucket list, currently consists of running comfortably. I’ve got some serious GI distress cookin lately. Maybe a kabocha tumor? :) I ran 9 miles this morning with raging heartburn. Good times.

Deep breaths is right and tackle all those races woman! You are a rock star. I really want to do the 1/2 marathon that is in Napa Valley. It seems to sell out now in like 2 days. I guess everyone wants that wine…HA! Obviously…Have a great weekend and good luck these next couple of weeks. XO

Jen says:

SO happy for you!!! You are such a rockstar :) :) My idol!

Stephanie says:

Cal Poly Alumni TOO!!! Class of 2010. I am so bummed i will not be Boston! I was sooo stoked when i got in…then the stress fracture happened. But the good news is, I was able to start running this week. For some reason the doctor didnt think 2 months off then running Boston was a good idea….

Chels R. says:

You should know that my mouth is on fire just looking at that picture.

And um seriously woman you are awesome running all of those races. You will probably crush every last one of them and I can’t wait to read all about it! You are diesel.

Sasha says:

Wow! You’re such a stud. Seriously – you’re awesome. I’m excited for your and all of these great opportunities.

And what the heck – a race in SLO?? Fun! Back to where it all started….what a great trip. It’s been forever since we’ve been back up there, right? I can’t wait to hear all about it and I expect lots of photos and a full recap. Have fun!

That’s such exciting race news!!! My goal is to qualify for Boston and do the B2B Challenge one day. I’m running the Golden Gate Relay again this year too, though I’m sure my team will be waaaaaaay behind yours ;)

Yay! Tell me about the GGR. I’ve never done it.

• My team had a blast running it last year! So many of the legs are really beautiful, especially through Napa and whoever gets the Bridge leg! The first exchange that has showers available (there are two) is awesome. They have towels and little toiletries and snacks :) And I loved all the energy at the exchanges! Do you know your leg assign yet? I think they let us know the start times soon… if ours are close we should meet up! I heard Dean Karnazes was looking for a team to run with, do you know if he found one? I saw him running the other day and almost asked him if he wanted to run with us! :D

Heidi says:

I was just in SLO this past october on my way to Carmel. I loved it, its so charming. I had my little chihuahua with me, the town is so dog friendly.

Big Sur is on my life to do list as well as San DIego. I’m heading to San Francisco in May to do B2B and i’m so excited!!

Holy amazingness Kristin!!! I’m so so so excited for you. What incredible and amazing opportunities and to run with the Runner’s World crew. You ARE a rockstar now :-) Can’t wait to hear about it.

Wow! you have been a fitness motivation to me since I started reading your blog and yet again you impress me, that is a lot of running!

Leigh Smith says:

Whoa, Kristin–you’re one busy mama. Do you ever sleep (when the kiddos will let you) … ??! :) Congratulations! Can’t wait to read more updates–living (and running fast) vicariously through your blog posts. Best of luck!

Oh my gosh. I am jealous. Like super jealous. How do you get all of this awesome hookups?!?! Teach me your ways, master runner!
    Oh man, if there was any way I could get up to Boston I would. WOULD LOVE to see you!

I was ready to delete all my overstuffed email box & so glad I did not!!! SO EXCITING – all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!

Andrea says:

Wow I’m jealous. U better get on your Boston planning. I’m staying one day and already spent 600 on a room plus 650 on flights . Any news on that pro tee?

Wow, what an amazing few weeks you have planned! Sounds like the perfect way to jump start your spring!

Please post all the details. I’m living vicariously through all of you bloggers while my broken ankle is healing.

Mora says:

I was born and raised in San Luis Obispo and am going to school in SLO. It’s a great place with fantastic Mexican food. You should check out La Palapa Mexican Restaurant it’s the best! OR Fire Stone Grill for burgers! Good luck!

Mora says:

We also have a great Children’s museum in SLO!

Holy moly, lady! That is a ton of racing and some big deal races, too! SO thrilled for you!

elizabeth says:

so, so awesome!! i’m obsessed with big sur. i’ve done it twice. It’s GORGEOUS!! and very hilly :)

WOWzer that is a huge racing line up!! You are going to have so much fun…and be so exhausted in the best way ever!

1. [...] goodness it’s now and not 3 weeks from now. I still have some time before Boston and some other big races coming up, so hopefully all will be better before [...]

2. [...] I go though, thought I’d bore you yet again with my current thoughts on my big upcoming races and my darn [...]

3. [...] been a little hesitant to write my upcoming race plans on here since the last time I shared some big race news, well, it didn’t quite turn out so well. I’ve tried to block it out, but I’m pretty sure it [...]