Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Our Easter Bunny is Cheap

Our Easter Bunny is Cheap

Workout: jogged a little over 5 miles with the stroller

Should’ve ran 20 miles for my Boston training. Shoulda woulda coulda. My crotch, groin, whatever you want to call it, still hurts and I’m awaiting what my X-rays say from the doctor, so I’m trying not to think about it.

So….

How was your Easter?

I had high hopes of getting up at 5 am and getting on the elliptical before anyone woke up. That didn’t happen.

Judah woke up before the Easter Bunny got to leave his trail all over the house (cotton balls). I had to act fast and make him wait in my room while I made the “bunny trail”.

The first thing he said, “Why are your nail cleaner things all over the floor?” Nothing gets by that guy. I had to explain that it was bunny hair instead of the things I use to take nail polish off.

Anyhoo, the Easter Bunny was super cheap this year and bought 1 punching balloon at Vons for each cute little guy only. Of course I popped one of them while blowing it up this morning. It was bad news friends.

Mama broke the special present from the Easter Bunny.

So, at 6:45 am, in our pajamas, we packed it up and jogged to Vons for a replacement.

I wanted them both to wear their special glasses. I mean we’ve worn them three years in a row, but I only had one taker.

And about 1/4 of the way to the store we popped the other balloon.

Things were totally going our way. Ha.

We made it to Vons. Luckily, there was one pack of balloons left. Phew.

We had a random discovery while we were there. I’m not sure if all stores have this, but tucked way back in the corner by the bathrooms was this random rack of discounted goods.

Is that in every grocery store?

So yeah, my workout was our slow jog to the store and back. I wanted to do more, but it just didn’t happen.

The rest of the day was one event after the next.

Church.

Yes, I totally matched all our outfits on purpose. These guys couldn’t be the only ones who matched.

Grandma and Papap’s for egg hunts, family time and lunch.

Even my bro made an appearance.

STUFT Daddy decided to meet up with us there too.

He got thrown in “jail” pretty darn quickly.

Probably because he didn’t match our outfits. He did, however, wear the same shirt he wore for Easter two year ago. Pretty funny.

Our last stop was Tutu’s for more family time, a ginormous egg hunt that our bother and sister-in-law put together, delicious dinner and yummy dessert.

We are so lucky.

It was one heck of an amazing day.

Lots of family time.

Lots of good food.

Lots of love.

And just a few of these.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

I tried to get Kitty in costume, but I failed.

So, to make it up to you, here’s a picture of me in costume instead.

kris and kev halloween_thumb

You like that? Someone could’ve helped me out a little with the carrot placement, no?

Bring on a new beginning. That’s what Easter is about, isn’t it?

I’m excited for it to be April tomorrow.

A new month. A month of hope and faith and healing.

What was the best part of your day?

Comments

Best part was getting over the flu. THank goodness we are heading in the right direction over here now.

You 3 are adorable in your coordinating outfits. Sure hope good news and good feelings come your way soon with your groin. But it is April 1st…new beginnings for sure!!! Love that!!

EriGates says:

Good luck, Kristin w/ your injury! I know how frustrating it can be-I have side lined from long distance running since I finished my last half marathon. It is my knees bothering me-so I have been looking into Chi running and more minimalist shoes to change my form. I went and was video taped and had my form analyzed and I’m a heel striker-need to work on mid foot strike. Have you had your form checked? I also found out from a chiro that I had some tight hip flexors and got some active release technique done and it was very powerful. I know our injuries are different but might be something to look into.

Thanks for the advice. 🙂 Sorry your knee is bothering you. I haven’t had my form checked in awhile. Good idea. Once I can run without a limp.

Cori @olivetorun says:

You HAVE to submit that picture to the Ellen show.

lindsay says:

oh wow, that carrot, yes it needs to be moved. LOL! and you all look so good! what a beautiful family. Happy Easter friend. New beginnings!!!

Jessica says:

I almost spit my coffee out with that puc and your comment about the carrot! Thanks for the laugh!

Miz says:

we jews hung out and saw the croods 🙂

Heck yeah! New beginnings! I could use some of that too! I’m so happy you took some time with your family yesterday. I did exactly the same thing with my guys. It was a nice relaxing day with the three of them. I’m waiting to hear your results. I’m keeping positive thoughts for you! xoxo

that picture…haha…priceless 🙂
    glad you had a great Easter!

Elena says:

Best part of the day was just some much needed R&R and a nice brunch with the family and good friends.
    and OMG – love that picture ! the carrot is hilarious!

Happy Healing Thoughts coming your way 🙂

It looks like you had a great Easter! What a beautiful family you have!

Holly says:

Dying at the costume and….uh….carrot. Hilarious.

your boys are too cute! I had way too many of those eggs yesterdat!!

Wendi says:

You are such a great mama! I love your sparkly head band! Where’s it from/what size?
    Hope your injury improves quickly!!

Missy says:

Lmfao…. There are no words for your last picture! You made my day:)

Chels R. says:

Oh good gracious that pic of you in the costume seriously made my morning! Thank you 🙂 Glad you had a great Easter!

Haha looks like you had a great Easter…and that costume is amazing lol!!

Bridget says:

Oh, that costume just never gets old! Love the boys haircuts! Missed you guys so much yesterday!

Samantha says:

The costume! LOLOLOLOL. I really want to meet your mom now. 🙂

so laughing by myself at my work computer about that carrot!!!!! hahahahhaahahahahahha!

Your Easter costume = AMAZING! That is classic! Looks like you all had a very nice Easter. Hang in there with the injury, it can be so frustrating, you’ll be back to running though, it just needs rest & to heal. I thrive on discount racks at stores, I’m fascinated by them even though I almost never buy anything. I guess I just like the “thrill of the hunt” 😉

aimee says:

where’s the skirt from!!!!????? OMG sooo cute

Liz says:

Sure hope you heal fast, I’m feeling for you. It’s the worst to be injured right before a race. I feel like it always happens to me. Your super positive attitude through it all is admirable. Here’s to April!

I. JUST. DIED. Oh my heck, that was some picture. Kudos to you for sharing, and thank you for my morning ab work out. I may or may not have peed myself. 😉

Praying for results to come quickly, and for nothing too serious – I’ll save the horror stories for later.

church. pit stop to see the folks. gym. eat. bed. All kinds of fancy.

Janee says:

I bought one of those balloons for my daughter’s Easter basket too and it popped within a few hours. She was hysterical. I still need to find her a replacement.

The carrot on your costume had me giggling before I even read your comment about it! Too funny!

Everything….It was an amazing day with my husband. Sunshine, running, cooking, and eating. Not much more I can ask for.

Aimee says:

The skirt??!!! Where from sooooooo stickin cutr