When You’re Not Running a Marathon

Well, I was supposed to be running SLO Marathon this morning. I’m currently still in my pajamas and staring at a dirty kitchen floor.

Lovely.

What we DID do was make some green gobblin’ muffins.

Yeah, everyone (including Kitty) had a blast.

Look though, Judah is just like mama. He can turn it around for the camera.

(Instagram pic)

Huge plus about using Chobani in our muffins?

Snacking on the job.

The boys finished off this huge carton.

Who knew a little plain Chobani mixed with agave would be such a hit.

Love new discoveries like that.

We attempted to make animal muffins.

Can you make any of them out?

I scrambled up some egg whites with some shredded cabbage and had a chicken sausage for breakfast.

Totally random, but I really liked the combo. I ate like poop all day yesterday because I was feeling sorry for myself and I’m paying for it today big time. Ugh.

Oh, and I’m always grumpy and tired the day after I consume too many processed foods. And friends, I mean grumpy (my looming taxes might have something to do with my grumpiness also).

I found this article from my friend Jillian Michaels about why we need to ditch processed foods NOW.

Why You Need to Ditch Processed Foods Now!

Pretty interesting. Your body doesn’t even recognize them as foods? Eeekkk..

Okay, I’m off to clean the floor and our dishes from the baking extravaganza.

Just had to pop in really quick.

Hope you’re enjoying your Sunday!

Comments

Jennifer mykytiuk says:

Thinking of you today! Hoping you are resting and able to recover soon! I could totally make out those animal shapes. So cute! Great article! I can tell when I eat sugary processed foods my body is so much hungrier for more sugary processed foods. Not the same feeling when I eat fruit instead.

:( sorry you couldn’t run. I really thought your strategy and plan to take it easy would get you there. Are you still on for the others?

I’m so, so sorry that you have been hurting and were not able to run, I hope you start feeling better soon. I hope those cute boys and green muffins made the morning a little better.

I think making those animal muffins was such a cute idea!!
    I’m so sorry though that you’re feeling disappointed/frustrated….do your best to stay positive–I know that’s easier said than done of course but this is just a little bump in the road in the big scheme of things…it’ll get better!

Hi Kristin!

I recently starting following your blog (I found it in a totally random way- I was anxious to see the results of the San Diego half marathon/5k so I was using twitter- which I NEVER DO, and I saw your comments)

And I just love it!!!

I am an avid runner, I relay on it for my therapy, but I sprained my ankle severely back in September and was unable to do ANYTHING physical for about 12 weeks, and then all I could do was walk for for 2 weeks before running again. I am used to feeling like a warrior, full of strength, and being unable to run made me very depressed. Also, I found that while not running, my appetite actually increased, plus the low mood surrounding my injury caused me to indulge in foods I normally would avoid (hersey’s kisses, my moms chocolate chip cookies!!! everything bagels! not constantly, but often enough to make me feel crummy about myself, what the heck?!?!) I think its just a normal thing that happens when your health routine suddenly takes a left turn, and in realty, even though I was feeling yucky, my body didn’t change TOO much, and once I started running again, it returned to it’s normal status pretty quickly. So don’t beat yourself up too much!!! Maybe this is just your body telling you to take it easy for a little while :)

My daughter loves plain CHO with agave– it’s so easy and so simple!! Hoping your recovery is going well!!

Emma @ a mom runs this town says:

How did anyone ever start making processes foods?! Hope you feel better. Our bodies need breaks and know when to tell us that :)

I’m really sorry about the marathon. I’m thinking about you friend!

I’m a freak with processed foods. If I don’t recognize the ingredients, then it does not come in this house. Did you know that they put wood chips in cheese and tortillas (just to name a few things). I freaked out when I learned that. Anyway, yeah, if it’s not natural food then it’s probably not food.

I hope you had a great weekend despite the lack of running. Big hugs friend!

michelle in alaska says:

okay, because you asked….I could make out the monkey, elephant, lion, pig, and the whale. the top two & the one below the top left i can’t :/ lol

Such a cute idea with those animal muffins. My brother and I would have argued over who got to eat which animal :) I’d call dibs on the whale, lion and monkey!

Thanks for that awesome article by Jillian Michaels. I’ll have to check that out!

Miz says:

I know youre so so so sad—and yet Ive love love loved all the legolandkidstuffposts.

xo

Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to run your marathon :( looks like you had fun making animal muffins though – i spy a lion, hippo, rhino, monkey, a whale and maybe a turtle?!
    Bet they were delicious :D .

Hope you had a great day with your boys even though it wasn’t the day you originally planned!!

Looks like some good quality time with the boys. I love putting greek yogurt into things. I have found mixing it with some other ingredients makes for some healthy alternatives (I make a mean greek yogurt pasta that tastes like alfredo)

aimee says:

…..i was ok til pics of shoes then when boys came i was in full blown sobs….i have been in your spot and i remeber my forth or fifth PT appt he came in room and i was crying and i said yeah wrong therapy!!!!WWWHHHHAAAAAA not a man to cry to either didnt know what to do with me…..you WILL be fine and look back and be so much more grateful……changed my way of thinking i cant just go out and take off…..i actually have come to love stretching….WHY OH WHY didnt i do it before…..well i want to meet you in nov at Big Sur so will be your biggest supporter!!!! take good care and im lovin my bialletti!!!!!!!!

Ashlee says:

Sorry to hear about your injury! Hopefully you will come back a stronger runner because of the forced rest. I’ve been going through an extremely tight hip flexor injury and finally am getting back to where I was. I know it’s so frustrating though especially when you see people who are healthy and aren’t runners/active at all. I just wanted to scream, ” give me your hip flexor, you aren’t using it.”

1. [...] the workout I had planned for yesterday, but I got a sweat in. Totally random, but our elliptical is a cheapo one we got a long time ago on [...]