Well That Stinks, But THIS Does Not

Monday Workout:

Taught a 45 minute spin class

Did a little kettle bell and resistance band workout in the family room while the boys told me that I was doing push ups incorrectly. Whatever.

I’m still laughing about this guy we fell in love with at the LEGOLAND Hotel, but I’m not talking that kind of stink today.

Taxes stink. I’ve been working on them pretty much for the past 48 hours. Not fun. Hopefully they will be done today and then I can try to get my act together for this year since I’m already behind. Nice.

Last night smelled up the whole house. I once again burnt some veggies. Really, I have a burning problem.

I was especially bummed because it was my last pack of broccoli slaw. Of course, right? I asked Andrew what he would do. If he would eat it anyway or do it over. His response, “I wouldn’t burn it.” Then he asked why I don’t set the timer. My response, “I am dumb.”

Lovely.

I salvaged what I could, made some roasted brussel sprouts and roasted carrots and made up a huge BBQ chicken salad.

It also stinks that I’m already out of the Scotty B’s sauce. It’s my favorite.

Here are some things that DON’T stink this fine morning though.

Sleeping in and snuggling instead of setting the alarm.

I haven’t gotten to try that bread recipe a lot of you told me about using psyllium husks yet. I need to get all the ingredients, but it sounds marvelous.

I did however make a new version on the microwave English muffin yesterday using some psyllium husk in the batter and making two flat ones instead of one big one to make this cool cinnamon sugar breakfast STUFTwich.

I didn’t quite measure all the ingredients and now we’re out of eggs, so I’ll have to try it again before I post a recipe. It was darn good though.

My little snacky snack this morning was pretty darn good too.

Mmmm hmm….

A little green pancake- 3/4 cup egg whites blended with spinach, a stevia packet, cinnamon, a little vanilla and 4 grams of psyllium husk. Topped with some sugar free jam and cinnamon.

Clean plate club. Are you a member too? I’m pretty sure I’m a VIP.

Other things that definitely DON’T stink.

Acupuncture. I went for the very first time yesterday and this lady meant business. No messing around with her. I will be going back soon.

These awesome new green and orange Handful bras that will be coming out this spring.

image

This amazing, inspirational video from Handful.

This Hold Me Jesus song that Diane sent me on twitter. Love it.

These new Mizuno Wave Rider 16 shoes.

image

And a look into the inspiration behind some of their shoe designs.

Oh, and of course baked chocolate chip cookie dough Quest Bars topped with low calorie peanut butter frosting.

Fun stuff.

Have a wonderful day!

What are your thoughts on acupuncture?

What DOESN’T stink for you today?

Comments

Kim Perry says:

I love those purple & orange Mizuno’s!!

Love the orange handful bra!! Because color does make the workout better!! 😉

Hmmm? What doesn’t stink for me today? I guess the rain doesn’t stink…it kind of cleans things up a bit..however, the forecast for 5 inches of slushy snow tomorrow DOES STINK!

(typical MN)

What DOESN’T stink for you today? After 7 weeks of no running, I was finally cleared to start again! Only every other day and only a tiny bit but that’s more than I was doing last week and it makes the pool running I have to do tomorrow stink a little less too. 😉

Christina says:

Look at all that yummy food!!! So jealous! Yesterday I had a bad case of the flu but today I am feeling a little but better. That is a good thing right!

meredith says:

Well, I am nursing a sudden shoulder injury since Saturday night (completely out of nowhere) and I have decided today that perhaps it hurts a wee bit less. lol so maybe that is what doesn’t stink…as for vegetable burning, my house smells when I roast them regardless, burnt or not. My son can’t stand it! lol

Amie says:

I have nothing on my schedule today. That is AMAZING!!! I have 2 1/2 hours till my big kids get home and I’m loving the sounds of the littles rocking out to Adele downstairs! Life is good.

Kristin says:

The sun is shining and it’s 70 degrees in PA! Yay spring!

My mom did acupuncture for her migraines a few years ago….and it did bring her some relief. Hope it helps you!

I’ve tried acupuncture once and it was okay, but I guess not enough that I did it more often. Worth a shot!

Lindsay says:

I’ve never been to acupuncture, but I’ve only heard wonderful things. I walked to work yesterday and today, which I thought was going to be miserable, but it was fabulous. Looking forward to the walk home a bit later tonight.

Acupuncture? I have ZERO thoughts on it, really.

But those bras? So stinkin’ cute. But my girls would knock me out if I tried to run in that bra. Yipes.

Proud to report: Nothing is stinking today. It’s my BIRTHDAY! Birthdays are – by law – non-stinky days, right?

And I feel for ya, girl. Taxes: BIG thumbs-down.

Amy Zirkle says:

Hey Kristin – OY – I hope you are taking care of yourself. I sometimes feel like our bodies tell us something so I hope you are listening and taking some much needed rest. I have heard some good things about acupuncture and it may be worth pursuing. It’s 85 degrees here in DC today and while lovely, it feels a little weird…be well – Amy 🙂

I’ve never had acupuncture, but I’m highly intrigued by it! Um, not stinking, well, I don’t have much…would you believe that I’ve hardly started my taxes? I’m pretty sure my accountant is not going to be pleased with me on the this minute deal…

Lori and I have 2 handful bras and a tank, love them!! Thanks to you 🙂

and we are both are queens of cleaning our plate!!! we never waste food in our house

There’s no doubt that I’m also a member of the clean plate club! 🙂

morgan says:

I have tried accupuncture before for allergies & it just didn’t help me, which made me sad as I know a lot of people who get a lot of relief from it- from everything to weight loss to pain relief to allergies to skin conditions. I am really glad its helping you!
    What doesn’t stink here is that I have a brand new box of Quest Cookie Dough Bars that came in the mail today & a new recipe to try (gotta go get another box of special dark cocoa powder though, its the only kind to use!)

Amy B says:

My Quest Cookie Dough Bars just arrived so I finally was able to make one of your wraps. I added the PB2 plus some Cinnamon/Sugar from a TJs grinder and it was WONDERFUL! Thanks for all the great recipes.

Sarah says:

Loved your hubby’s response to burning the food lol

Cleared plate though anyway! always a good sign.

Awww very sweet pic of you having snuggles, bless.

Thank you for sharing.

🙂

Mari says:

I did acupuncture. Loved it.
    Message me and I can tell U more if U like!

Stacey says:

Does your belly get bloated after eating all those veggies!? I tried a chicken veggie bowl and after my belly looked 3 months preggo, help !