I Just Can’t Hide It

Wait, that title makes me think of Flashdance. Anyone else? I don’t even know if I’ve ever seen that movie. Hmmm…..

Anyhoo-

Sunday Workout-

2 mile walk (I wanted to run, jogged about 1/2 mile until I realized it didn’t feel good at all so walked around the block back home. Dang it, that first run back is going to be glorious when it’s time.)

Home elliptical for 70 minutes. Manual. I don’t know what level. I got a good sweat on while watching the movie Dear John. Talk about an uplifting movie to work out to. Ha.

How messy can our workout room be? Don’t even try to compete with us. We’re in it to win it.

We were supposed to leave for Boston Saturday. We were also supposed to attend a special Runner’s World party Saturday night.

Instead our night looked a little like this.

(Instagram pic)

I had everything I needed- Wreck It Ralph, sleeping STUFT Daddy, my favorite wine, Trader Joe’s soy dreamy sandwich, The Stick, some awesome STUFT toddlers, etc.

Yesterday morning I made a green version of the Husky STUFT Microwave Pancake. Topped it with a little sugar free maple syrup, PB2 and two ingredient dark chocolate frosting and viola.

I was pretty proud.

This guy was pretty proud of his make up job.

Lovely, yes?

This morning, I’m not going to hide it. I saw everyone’s pictures waiting for The Boston Marathon to start and it was tough.

Then I got this.

Well that’s nice.

Some major snuggles were in need. Good thing I got them and so did Kitty.

It’s also a good thing I had a new package of Starbucks espresso to open up.

Oh………. my favorite almond milk mocha is so good.

I tried to distract myself this morning by making the boys some coffee cake.

I used this recipe on the Trader Joe’s mix box,

but subbed in some Coach’s Oats multigrain pancake mix, coconut oil and chocolate chips for the blueberries.

That’s how we do it here.

Okay, I just watched the top ladies finish the Boston Marathon.

I think I need a minute (or two or three).

Thanks so much for being patient with me. I have so many of you to get back to and can’t thank you enough for your support and sharing your stories and struggles with me.

THANK YOU!

Oh, before I forget and the winners of the buffalo jerky giveaway are:

#19 Sandy

#45 Hillary Coffee

Congrats ladies!

Email me your mailing info (kristin@stuftfitness.com) and I’ll get your jerky out to you!

Happy Monday friends!

I’ll be back with some fun LEGOLAND talk later. All smiles, Promise.

Comments

you have EVERY right to feel sad. It was a huge thing to be a part of and something you worked really hard for. Sometimes I think we try so hard to just be “fine” that we make everything worse…have your moment and then just as you have shown us in so many things you’ll see all the wonderful around you, return from injury and KICK ASS. Sending you love and hugs

Stephanie says:

Hugs

I dont blame you one bit for being sad about Boston. I’m sorry for all you had to go through, injuries are bad enough…missing big race because of it is worse. I get to run Boston next year, watching today was hard (and I am not injuries) so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Just think how amazing next year will be though, you will be recovered and ready! :) And I am super glad you have 2 little munchkins to keep you smiling and occupied!

I’m sorry today is a rough day for you and I don’t think anyone blames you a bit! Be positive….you will return from this injury and you will be stronger and faster than ever!!! Here’s to next year!

Ugh… my stomach was in knots watching and thinking about you! Have it out, friend….nothing but love & hugs your way. ;)

Betsy says:

Every year I get crabby about not being at Boston…. And I have never qualified! I can’t imagine how you feel.

meredith says:

I don’t blame you for being upset, you have every right to be. Thankfully you are getting closer and closer to being able to run again. Any day now I bet. That coffee cake looks delish!

Aw sorry that you had to miss the Boston marathon :( I can imagine how you must have felt :( its awful; it looks like you had a lovely night though – Wreck it Ralph is such a good film and good thing that you had lots of snuggles to cheer you up :) .

I completely understand how today is inevitably going to be tough. Hang in there. And keep getting those snuggles!

I had a glass of wine this weekend in your honor! Stay strong…

Huge hug and glass of virtual wine coming your way!

I’m so sorry – I know that terrible feeling of missing a race and I feel for you. I’ll have that same feeling when i watch Kirk do Ironman, no doubt. :(

Michelle says:

Everything happens for a reason. Fox is reporting there was an explosion near the finish line….

Hang in there! You’re doing all of the right things; self care, working out with what you can do, spending time with the family & expressing your feelings! I kid you not, when “Dear John” came out I went to see it in the theatre by myself, I was in a disastrous military relationship at the time so talk about a confidence boost…not ;)

Sara says:

Check the news….an explosion was just reported at th Boston Marathon with injuries at th finish line…

Kori says:

Oh my goodness, you were obviously not supposed to be in Boston! God must have been watching over/protecting you!!! Wow!

Susan says:

There is a reason you weren’t there! In total shock

marti says:

its so hard to miss a race that you have worked so hard for, but it is such a blessing that you are safe. *praying for those in boston – so sad and scary. what is wrong with this world.

Although I am sad that you didn’t get to race, it sounds like it was definitely a blessing in disguise. Glad you weren’t there and that you are safe!

Sherry says:

Such a terrible thing going on in Boston. Thoughts and prayers to those in Boston. Kristen – isn’t weird how things happen for a reason? You are safe at home at least. It is so sad and scary that cowards do these things.

Cathy says:

I thought about you last night when the news was running a story about the Boston Marathon, and hoped today wouldn’t be too tough on you. I’ve just started checking out the STUFT Blog and your recent “rest” break. As I listen to the news this afternoon about the bombings in Boston, and I’m so very thankful your “rest” break kept you out of harms way. You certainly have a guardian angel watching over you and your family.

Cathy says:

God was watching over you and your family, there is a reason you were not in Boston. I am in shock with the horrible acts people commit on humanity.

Kara says:

You are truly blessed! Somewhere there are angels watching over you!

Thinking of you friend. Big hugs!

Oh Kristin, your family is being watched over – that’s for sure. There is a reason you weren’t in Boston and safe at home with your beautiful family.

Make sure you snuggle those boys extra tight tonight, lovely lady!

Britt says:

So relieved you weren’t running this year. Praying for everyone in Boston!

Yum trader joes coffee cake! Praying for all of those in Boston!

Amanda walters says:

You don’t know me nor I you but when I heard about the marathon all I could do was say a silent prayer that your bouts have their mama close. Miracle in disguise.

:( on the marathon & all the family/friends… prayers for all!

Sherry says:

I just heard the news and thought of you. Everything happens for a reason, so thankful you weren’t there. Someone special is definitely watching over you. Praying for everyone in Boston right now!

Samantha says:

Like many other I thought of you right away as well. Now I am just in disbelief for everyone else that is there.

Elena says:

Prayers for all the runners, spectators and families in Boston. Everything happens for a reason. Glad you and your family are safe.

Sam says:

I know you would have been done and dusted by the time the bombs went off, but as a long time reader (from Aust), I’m glad you weren’t there. Next time x

I can’t even imagine all of the emotions that you have probably experienced today. I know that feeling of not being able to run is awful but compounded with missing such a big event.
    And then after the results of the day – awful.
    I thought of you this morning and again when I heard the news.

I was thinking of you as I heard the news today, Kristin….everything happens for some reason, and though I’m obviously not happy you’re dealing with this injury, I’m thankful you weren’t there today <3

Leslie says:

I usually run alone, but today we run together. Prayers for the victims of today’s tragedies, and their families. My heart goes out to all today.

Caitlin says:

Kristin, I am so happy you weren’t in Boston today! Your injury is a blessing in disguise!

elizabeth says:

i know you are so bummed about Boston, but i’m such a believer in everything happens for a reason. That’s what i keep telling myself about my surgery and the recovery and me missing all of my races this season. Hugs, my friend.