Reebok Winner and Some Deep Thoughts

Workouts:

Monday;

AM- Taught a spin class

PM- Taught a Y50X class and a step class

Jolked (jog/walked) 4 miles with my friend Beth in honor of #BostonStrongSD

It felt so good to just be outside in my Mizunos.

Tuesday-

Stair mill for 20 minutes

Taught a 45 minute BOSU class

Jolked again with the stroller 2.5 miles to get to the playground with the “spider web”

(Instagram picture)

Later last night I got on the home elliptical just for 30 minutes before dinner.

It was weird yesterday. I woke up feeling ready for a big comeback. I haven’t been in the best place with my injury and my eating and just trying to keep it all together.

Yesterday I felt like it was the day to come back fighting. My leg wasn’t hurting as bad, it was warm out, I had my first iced perfect summer mocha of the year,

I ordered myself some new huge jugs (that should be arriving today), it was such a beautiful day, I got to spend quality time with my favorite men, etc.

Everything seemed perfect.

I thought it was the day to jolk (jog/walk) without pain. To start my comeback.

I was wrong.

It’s been over three weeks since I’ve run. It’s tough. Mentally.

My attempt didn’t go well and I decided to stick with just the walking and pushing the heavy stroller. That’s a workout in itself though.

By the end of the day I felt like someone had knocked me down again.

Pooper scooper.

But, I guess that’s all part of life, yes? All part of the journey.

I made sure to get to bed early. Like 9:00 pm early.

Sleep helps everything, doesn’t it?

And today, well, today is another new day.

Another new day to conquer whatever life brings our way.

I’m off to teach spin and will be back with my favorite songs and what I did with them later today.

The winner of the cool Reebok leggings is

#46 Lexa T

Yay! Email me and I’ll get you all squared away with your new pants!

Have a good day friends.

Patience is hard, yes?

I’m learning. Slowly.

Comments

Ugh, girl I am so sorry you’re still unable to run. My longest was 6 weeks no running. And it’s definitely mentally tough. I could do other things, but none of those things compared to being able to run. Hugs!

Like I have said before I can’t imagine the mental game your head is playing…I started running a short 2 years and within that time finished 2 Half Marathons and a bunch of family 5K’s…then the hip thing hit and hit with a vengeance! No running for at least 3 months…and slow start back with only 3-4 miles at a time. Finally, I felt great and signed up for a 10 miler. Again feeling great with the 3-4 miles I upped it to 6 miles one day and the following day my hip screamed “HoLY MoLY…DON’T YOU DARE DO THAT AGAIN!!” I felt like a 90 year old once more!

No running
    Limping
    stretching and icing
    and….
    2 months in my hip is finally feeling good again.

I have been bummed but I like feeling good at 44 ~ not like a limping 90 year old ~ no offense, If I make it to the age of 90 I will limp with the best of them….just not ready for a cane at age 44. 😉

Take it slow…and much luck with the mental game!! At least you can still teach your other classes and push that heavy stroller!

You are so right Kathy. I can still do a lot of other things. I’m so sorry you had to deal with such a roller coaster yourself. So not fun. 🙁 You’re finally feeling better though?

• Kathy says:

OH YES….and thanks….(as long as I am not running ;-( )

And I wanted to say….your blog is more than just about running to me….I love your fun “healthy” recipes too so please keep sharing!

I hope your day goes better for you than yesterday! I am so sorry you have had to be sidelined from running for so long. My leg has been bothering me off and on for months now and yesterday I finally made an apt with my sports medicine doctor. I’m hoping to be able to run my half marathon next weekend, but having not made it over 3 miles in the past two weeks its looking like it wont happen. I’m still a new runner but the feeling of wanting so badly to just run and clear your head, and not being able to is so frustrating.

Lexa T says:

Ok First I have to say WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I never win and when I saw the top of your post I said “I’m going to win this” and I did. I totally just did a fist pump in my office. Glad no one was walking by. Second, stay positive! You will get there! And third, thank you! Email is on its way.

Natalie says:

Dealing with an injury is so hard. Like you, I am not a patient person when I want to do something. I hope today is a better day.

Chelsea says:

Being patient is THE. HARDEST. Especially when it comes to injury and being mentally ready to do what your body isn’t capable of at the moment. You know, so much of running and success in running is a mental strength, so it seems like it can be almost doubly frustrating when the mental part is in line and we’re just waiting for our bodies to catch up…wish I had answers, but I don’t! Just a “hang in there, lady” and a resounding “I’ve got your back”!

meredith says:

You so getting there! Any day I bet you will run pain free.Sleep absolutely helps the body heal so hurry up and get those boys to bed and get yourself into bed as well – I know, easier said than done. I often bribe my son with money to go to his room and go to bed quietly so I can go lay down and be done for the night. lol sometimes it works.

I love your Mizuno clad foot in the first two pics 🙂 I thought maybe it would sneak into all of them!
    I’ve been having issues with my legs for months now, thigh splints…so weird… amd they are now finally feeling better after I started seeing a chiropractor who does Graston Technique, ART, cold laser therapy, tons of muscle testing and some other cool stuff. If you can find one of those in your area, I highly recommend it in addition to PT! Hope you heal quickly!

Boo to the fact that you still aren’t able to run!! I know how frustrating it is and how mental it gets when you have to go days/weeks without running. Hopefully soon!!!

Let out the frustration lady! Vent baby vent! That’s the only way I made it through not running for 2 months. It’s a total mental game. I know my hubster got sick of me whining so I just did it on my blog, haha.

This might brighten your day… have you heard of or tried the new Quest Cravings protein peanut butter cups? I haven’t seen them in any of my local stores yet, but I am excited to try them!

Ha. yeah, too bad I vent to the hubby and on the blog. Oops. And yes, I have those Quest Peanut Butter cups. AMAZING!!!!! Dang, you just reminded me I need to post that giveaway! Yikes.

Jess says:

It is soooo hard not to run when it’s what you love!! But you MUST listen to your body! (speaking from experience) I’m *finally back up to 6 miles. It’s taken me since my stress fracture njury in OCTOBER. But every step that I can take now is fabulous, I’ll never take one step for granted!! You can do this, you are strong!!