Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Instead Of…..

Instead Of…..

Workouts:

AM- 20 easy minutes on the stair mill attempting to plan out my spin class.

Taught a 45 minute spin class.

(My attempt to download music and plan my spin class on the stair mill. Not recommended. And yes, those songs are your suggestions from last week. Thank you very much for those.)

PM- Taught Y50X class and a step class.

Best circuit in my Y50X class that we went through twice (just in case you want to try it at home):

– slow jacks

– starburst

– burpees

– 1-2-3

– curtsey lunges

– 1 leg squat hops

So…since my attempt to put together a really great spin list on the stair mill didn’t go over so well, I don’t quite have one yet to share. I’m working on it though. I teach again Wednesday morning so let’s hope I get my act together by then.

Let’s chat other stuff instead.

Oh, and instead of talking about my injury and some other races I’m supposed to be doing in the next month that I got to pull out of, I’ll just block it out one more day and focus on other things.

Things like the most amazing breakfast ever.

(instagram picture)

Um, yeah, that kabocha squash we picked up Sunday was put to mighty good use yesterday morning. A little recipe post for this bad boy will be up soon, but just think sweet roasted kabocha squash, a new variation of the fat free donut cake and PB2 drizzle. Oh my…..

Instead of rushing around like crazy and letting life get the best of me yesterday like I usually do on Mondays, I actually got a sub for one of my classes so I could catch my breath. I kept reminding myself to slow down and just do the important things that needed to be done. Like smelling the flowers

and scooping the cat box. Ha.

Instead of having the same salad for lunch I’ve been having lately with humming balsamic dressing, I made some fun salmon stacks with cucumber, Trader Joe’s wasabi seaweed, wasabi, salmon and some sriracha sauce.

Instead of hoarding broccoli slaw like usual, pretty soon I’ll be able to start saving a few extra bucks because it’s almost zucchini season. Andrew brought home the first two from the garden yesterday.

Can’t wait for more of those bad boys. I’ve missed my roasted zucchini noodles so much.

Instead of going to the store to get paper towels and bars of soap (we were out of both), I sent Andrew on a mission to get some from Tutu. Mission complete. Aren’t I a gem? And I wonder why I sometimes get “accidentally” left out of the family emails. Ha. Just kidding.

Instead of making my cake batter ice cream in the Vitamix lately, I’ve been making it in my new NutriBullet. That thing works so stinking well.

I ate cake batter protein ice cream during the day over the weekend.

On top of a key lime pie muffin for something new.

A couple of nights ago the cake batter ice cream went on a frozen banana with some two ingredient dark chocolate frosting and PB2 powder.

Then last night I just had the same ice cream with a baked chocolate chip cookie dough Quest Bar.

Yep, one Quest Bar broken in three pieces and baked.

Genius. I know.

Instead of being really upset that the DVR didn’t tape Dancing With the Stars last night, I was just thankful I caught the last few minutes and got to see Derek and Kelly’s dance.

It was so good. is anyone watching this season?

Instead of really writing a post that’s worth reading, I went to bed at a decent hour last night.

Lovely.

Oh, and really, I can’t wait to keep reading more of that It Starts With Food book. Which is pretty ironic since I’m certain my ice cream doesn’t quite make the Whole 30 cut. Oopsies.

Okay. Better get a move on.

Recipe on the way for that maple microwave cake in a squash. You better believe I’m doing it again for breakfast today first.

Ha.

Have a good one.

Comments

Tess says:

Kellie Pickler is rockin’ that stage last night! So emotional and wonderful. I know the judges think Zenda and Val are the most talented BUT I love Kellie!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder to stop and breathe in fresh air!
    Have a marvelous day :0

Erica says:

I ended up subbing a 545 AM pump yesterday morning that I wasn’t totally prepared for…so I prepared on the elliptical beforehand. Agree- not the best way to prepare ;). I’m so excited that all of the summery crops are starting to pop up in gardens. Our tomatoes started flowering yesterday (yayyy). Enjoy your day

I am glad you gave yourself a break, seriously so needed! I have been giving myself a break lately too mainly with my running. I am waaay to hard on myself and don’t enjoy a lot of my training because of it which isn’t fun. Since I’ve let it go and stopped worrying so much about all of it my miles have increased without me evening noticing. I just want to get out there and run and it is SO nice to just enjoy the process on my own terms again. Sometimes giving yourself a break is the best thing you can do to accomplish things 🙂

Aren’t breaks nice (once you get used to them). I’m finally starting to enjoy mine a bit. Too bad it might be a little longer than expected. Hang in there Dani!

elizabeth says:

What is the sound level like on that Nutribullet? Sometimes, in the evening I change my mind about making amond milk ice cream, becasue I can’t handle the sound of the Vitamix.

Too funny that you ask this because I always worry about making too much noise at night when everyone is sleeping and I’m making my ice cream. It’s quieter than the Vitamix, but I have to hit in on the counter a bit sometimes to get everything down to the bottom to blend. It’s easier though I think. 🙂

elizabeth says:

Where do you get your garden veggies? Do you have a community garden plot? I’m so glad to be eating from the garden again, after a long winter. I’m eating spinach, lettuce, arugula, green garlic and pea shoots. It will be a while before I’m eating zucchini.

We have a couple plants here, but Andrew’s mom lives about 2 miles from us and Andrew has a huge garden at her place. We are lucky ducks! 🙂 What’s green garlic?

• elizabeth says:

I think you posted a picture of green garlic on your site a couple months ago, it looks like a scallion. Green garlic is immature garlic, picked before it starts forming a head, it has a mild garlic flavor and is so delicous, I’ve chop it up and add it to salads every night.

Kim Perry says:

can I please take your spin class?!

I just thought you should know that I think we would make awesome BFFs… we could eat lots of roasted veggies and desserts together. If you do the cooking/baking I’ll pour the wine 🙂

Chels R. says:

I have a song for you….Turbulence by Lil John and Steve Aoki. Great for sprints and it gets them all fired up!

I am so bummed I cannot find that darn squash in any of the stores here, but I have been consuming a lot of zucchini lately! It’s so good and goes with everything. Yeah for summer produce….and for you slowing down a bit. 🙂

Love Dancing with the Stars!! I watched about half of last night’s show this morning while on the treadmill. It will probably be this weekend before I get caught up (hopefully I don’t find out who won before I get it watched!!). DVR is the greatest thing ever – when it works correctly!!

Your desserts always make me drool!

It is important to stop & smell the rose & rest – good for you!!!

OK, how come I want to eat every time I visit your blog! 😉