Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Things I’m Loving Right This Very Second

Things I’m Loving Right This Very Second

Well, I started writing an update post on my injury and my limited exercises, but kicked that idea to the curb pretty quickly. There are just too many things I’m loving right now to be a Debbie Downer at the moment and I’m doing a pretty good job of blocking out the fact that I’m injured so let’s just roll with it.

Okay?

Okay.

In no specific order here are all the random things that are making me smile right now.

The grand opening if this gym. Can’t wait and so excited to be teaching some classes there. If you’re local next Saturday (June 1st) is the big open house.

977839_565021993542729_2112072538_o

Salads.

Warmer weather makes salads that much better.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever.

This one was egg whites, Trader Joe’s turkey bacon, coconut oil and Scotty B’s Sweet Bacon Jalapeño hot sauce over spinach.

Try it. Like now.

This hummus in my humming balsamic dressing.

I just gobbled up this salad with it for lunch.

Kitty in my bed, especially before 6 am. STUFT Daddy doesn’t even know what he’s missing.

My first attempt at zeggs (zucchini and eggs).

I tried it out this morning. All because of this girl and this girl and their pictures on instagram.

I made mine chocolate of course with a nutty americano on the side.

I also added a little unsweetened almond milk because that’s what I see the cool people do.

Fresh spring vegetables.

Perfectly roasted for a change.

Along with the return of roasted zucchini noodles.

Huge bowls of roasted vegetables topped with fresh basil.

New wallflowers from Bath and Body Works.

They make me so happy. Our house might be dirty, but it smells lovely. (Kinda like those Febreze commercials- kidding. It’s not that bad.)

The stair mill (yeah, we’re becoming great friends) and old Mizuno elixirs that I just can’t throw away (complete with a hole and a race tag from a year ago).

(instagram pic)

The Mizuno Mezamashii Run Project

image that has some darn amazing stuff coming up and has my good friend Michele in their video.

If you haven’t joined you can do so here.

Open gym.

Yep, again. We love it.

Hey, can you tell who is who?

Ha ha. Good times.

And, well, obviously you knew this was coming, but

kabocha squash.

Specifically sweet roasted kabocha squash in an almost empty creamy chocolate NuttZo jar.

Or just plain with a little maple flavored coconut cookie dough crumble.

And, well, balls.

The STUFT NuttZo monkey balls kind (made with PB2 instead, but I can’t remember the measurements I used).

Your turn.

What’s making you smile right now?

(Besides the Quest Bar giveaway of course. Enter here if you haven’t entered yet.)

You know you want to try this.

Comments

Amy Zirkle says:

Hey Kristin – hope you’re doing well – like you I have managed to acquire an injury – lower back spasms which mean no exercise for a while which makes me sad – thankfully I’m good to go when it comes to sitting at my desk at work – lovely…..I’m going to have get me to Bath and Body works – I’m so there with you – if it smells nice who cares how the rest looks – be well Amy

I’m loving the start of summer vacation for my boys!!!
    And, I can’t wait for the Bath and Body summer sale next month now that I’ve seen the new wall flowers!!

I love to see your boys at open gym. I will start coaching boys gymnastics a our local YMCA next month and am excited. Any tips on what boys love about gymnastics? I only have daughters (a set of 2 year old twins and a 4 year old). Looks like you guys are always having a great time!

Samantha says:

I think you will have a lot of people here for you when you are ready to talk injury. You take as long as you need. Love that you get to teach some more classes! If I was local I would totally be there!

Things making me smile:
    Passed the 1/2 way point in the school quarter
    Hummingbirds
    A begrudging hike in the rain, only to have it stop the second I got home (how can one not laugh at that?)
    Pizza
    A good book
    Tea
    Knitting project
    Hope

Have a great evening.

That is one heck of a good list Samantha. I would make you come to classes if you lived closer. Ha ha. Love the rain one too. What’s your current knitting project?

• Samantha says:

I would be in your class in a heartbeat. 🙂 The rain one is totally the way it rolls in WA state. Anyway, currently I am knitting a sweater…for me! (I never make projects for me).

Tess says:

Menorial Day weekend has brought my family from Florida to visit 😉 Parents and In-Laws that get along beautifully :0 and all three of my boys home together (two are away at college but have arrived home for the summer) :0 and your wonderful, uplifting; insirational and hillarious blog :0

Warm weather makes me crave salads! I love it though because I will experiment with what I put on them and make lots of fun creations!

Even though the weather is supposed to be super crappy this weekend, I am smiling because it is a long weekend and I plan on relaxing, sleeping, and enjoying these days off. I’m determined to find that darn squash in NJ this weekend. LOL!

I’m so excited you liked the zeggs!!!! And I know you’ll think of something even more awesomely strange… I cannot WAIT. 🙂

I’m coveting your kabocha in a jar. Must get to the market soon.

Nicole says:

Wait….Chocolate Zeggs? Did I read that right??

That squash looks amazing, your roast vegg always look so good.

Jessica says:

Excited for sushi tonight with fellow trainers/spinning instructors from my gym! Happy long weekend!

Carrie says:

I’ve got the open house on my calender. Assuming my knee injury is finally healed I’ll be there!

Christine says:

What is that chocolate thing you made?