How I Get my Way, The Tuxes and Costco Highlights

Thursday Workout:

AM- stair mill 40 minutes

PM- taught HIIT class and strength class at Y

In the strength class we did lots of lunges and squats and v-sits.  It was fabulous.

Friday Workout: 60 minutes on the elliptical at home (watching Gossip Girl from Netflix)

I did the whole roasted jicama thing again last night.

Had it with a little broccoli slaw BBQ bake and roasted brussel sprouts.

Scarfed down the last of my second batch of STUFT NuttZo Monkey Balls afterwards. They’re a little addicting (and not very photogenic at night) so here’s the perfect ball topped with a little extra NuttZo from the other day.

So….

Friday mornings are our only family mornings around here with our crazy schedules. Way before kids, on days when I didn’t have to teach Fridays, we’d sleep in, have coffee in bed while I read magazines and STUFT Daddy watched Sports Center. You know, living the life.

It’s a little different these days. In the best way possible of course.

Today, after we “slept in” until 6:15, we started planning our day. My hidden agenda was for us all to go to Costco at some point so I slipped a little hint. I wasn’t sure quite how my hint was received, so I thought I’d just try to get everyone out the door and butter them up before they knew what was happening.

(Side note- I am a brat. I get my way 99.9% of the time. I’m spoiled and I know it.)

We went out to breakfast.

The Omelet House had just a few omelet options to choose from (90 total).

There were too many choices for me so I made my own instead- whites only with artichokes, spinach, onions, jalapeños, bell peppers and mushrooms.

(Picture taken before all the hot sauce obviously.)

After breakfast, it was time to get the men some tuxes.

IMG_2897IMG_2903IMG_2900IMG_2905IMG_2910

Pretty funny stuff. My sister-in-law is getting married next month and the boys get to be ring bearers. Fingers crossed they behave. When they got asked to do the job awhile back their responses were something like this:

“Can’t you just do it? I have to take a bath.”

“No thanks. Judah can do it.”

After tuxes I dropped another little hint. I mentioned we could stop at Starbucks after Costco.

It was go time.

No pictures of the actual Costco experience because if I whipped out my camera it may never happen again.

But….

about $350 later we survived

and made sure to hit up Starbucks on the way home.

Not to brag or anything. but we’ve got some STUFT skills.

When we were unpacking I felt the need to take a few pictures of some things I was excited about. (It may have had something to do with the venti café americano).

So, not that you care, but the highlight items of the family Costco trip were these.

Berries

Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze

(I usually buy Silk brand, but after a quick little calculation in my head I realized this was cheaper so I stocked up.)

Sweet Kale Salad

(What? Too much? It’s good and is fabulous roasted like this.)

Flatout wraps

(I need to make a Flatout cinnamon crisp bowl or this Flatout STUFT dessert pizza very soon.)

my favorite bread

(Alpine Valley Organic Multi-Grain Omega-3 is so darn good. It freezes really well too so it’s okay to buy 4 loaves at a time.)

our new favorite salmon obsession

(My favorite way to eat it is as salmon seaweed snacks.)

Okay. Time for bed.

Tomorrow morning I’m attempting to get up early and do a little cardio while everyone else is still sleeping before I head out to teach boot camp.

I’m going to say I have a 50/50 chance of that actually happening.

Hope your long weekend is off to a good start!

There’s one more day to enter the Quest Bar giveaway. Enter here.

Do you bribe your family to get your way?

Any new fun favorite finds from Costco?

Comments

I love omelet places like that; although I’m always so indecisive and can never decided what to get!
    Your boys look too cute in their tuxes! So sweet!
    I’ve never been to Costco before; I really want to go though!

aldona says:

what kind of coffee did you get? 🙂 always looks good 🙂

Those salmon slices look amazing! I’ve never seen those there!

I love the big, long, red peppers at costco. So crunchy and juicy. mmmm

Oh and your balls….They look mighty good 😉

I have got to find those bags of sweet kale at my Costco! We always buy chia seeds, frozen mixed berries, cinnamon (its so good!), and wine (they actually have a decent collection) from Costco.

Mollie K says:

the boys look so handsome!!

I love that reebok tee..can I ask what size you got it in just for reference?? thanks 🙂

Erica says:

haha…I totally hear you on “sleeping in”. I slept until 730 one day last weekend and I seriously felt like I had slept through half of the day. It was sort of amazing. Great job on packing that car! The kiddos look SO cute in their tuxes- melt! Have a great weekend

The boys are so cute all dressed up! I love costco! I love that I can get a huge jar of almond butter there for less than the smaller jars at the grocery store.

Your Costco has almond breeze? no fair!! The boys look so cute in their tuxs!!

Rachel says:

Kim, I saw you’re from the DFW area, I haven’t seen the Almond Breeze in Rockwall or Duncanville but I did find it at a couple of the other Costco’s, maybe Plano and Grapevine? I also saw frozen organic peaches at those locations and they don’t carry them out my way. I’ve taken to visiting Costco when I’m out of my normal stomping grounds just to find new treasures 🙂

Rachel says:

Haha, that’s how our Honda Fit looks after a Costco trip too, the kids call it a Honda Squeeze 🙂 My favorite new find at Costco is the Peach Mango Salsa in the refrigerated section, super delicious! I’ve been putting it on fish, chicken, eggs, and using it to moisten wraps and salads instead of dressing. It’s not very spicy but I know you’d fix that 😉
    Don’t you wish they’d carry the unsweetened Silk in the dairy case instead of the sweetened? It’s SUCH a good price! I’ve been buying the Blue Diamond too because it doesn’t have to go in the fridge until it’s opened, fridge space is always at a premium after a Costco trip! 🙂

Susan says:

Love the shirt you’re wearing in the top pic!

Bummed that we don’t have Costco (only Sam’s Club) – one day maybe!!!
    I love the pictures of the boys getting fitted for tuxes – especially the one where one is helping the other button something!!! When my oldest was 3 he was the ring bearer in my younger brother’s wedding – he didn’t want to do it because he didn’t want to growl!! He thought it was ring Bear!!!
    Have a great weekend!!

Natalie says:

I am super spoiled and get my way most of the time, lol.

Rhonda says:

Oh my goodness- thank you for sharing pics of your handsome guys in those tuxes. They are too cute for words!

HOLY COW on the Costco trip!!!! YIKES! I would not survive! 🙂 I love the Alpine Valley too & was getting that one until ours also carries a newer one – I can’t remember the name but I think I like it a bit better BUT both are GREAT!!!

The boys are so cute!

Tess says:

Aww! I can remember when my boys were little and asked to be ring bearers. Adorable. They will be the hit of the wedding no matter what they do…….people always love little children in weddings. Yours are so handsome!

Oh my goodness! The boys in their tuxes are just about the cutest things ever!

Jillian says:

Mmm the Alpine Valley Organic Multi-Grain Omega-3 bread is my favorite too!! Currently eating it with some nuttzo actually! 🙂

1. […] My “fancy” appetizers were all Costco (from our trip the day before). […]