Want to Know Something?

It’s the first official day of summer.

Wait. I bet you knew that already. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it though.

I look forward to Friday mornings every week around here. It’s the one morning we usually have no plans and STUFT Daddy is off work. We can hang out and the whole family gets to lay around in our bed for awhile.

Obviously because I was looking forward to it so much this morning, our family morning didn’t quite go as planned. Someone rained on our parade (or peed in our bed rather). Lovely. No it wasn’t me.

Oh well. What can you do except welcome summer with an extra load of laundry.

Not that you care, but last night’s “office hours” looked like this.

Want to know what I was eating?

This huge bowl of goodness.

Want to know what goes really well with a Meatza Pizza (that’s buried under there somewhere)?

Some zucchini pizzas.

We did a little his and hers family breakfast thing this morning. It was fun both being in the kitchen. (I thought so at least, not sure if the feeling was mutual.)

Today’s workout was some time on the home elliptical. I didn’t pay too much attention to the time. I just got a little sweat on and tried to stay at a comfortable aerobic level while watching the last half of Michael and Kelly and then a Gossip Girl episode.

Michael and Kelly had this cool name that celebrity nose game. Can you guess who’s nose this is?

I didn’t know this one, but I was darn good at a lot of the other ones. Ha ha.

I cowed down these chicken spinach lettuce wraps a little bit ago.

I found a new hot sauce (I’m trying to find ones without added sugar) that is pretty darn fantastic on those wraps.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about Legos. Putting these together was not as easy as I anticipated (although I am pretty proud of my work).

They have come apart at least 10 times since yesterday. Nice.

My new afternoon mock tail as of late is Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy tea, a little Bragg apple cider vinegar and some lemon juice.

I think it’s the perfect combination. In fact, I think I’m going to make some right now.

Oh, and it’s official. I can burn anything. Anytime. Right now it was my roasted jicama chips.

Nothing a little guacamole can’t fix.

We got this package today from our good friends at SunButter.

So fun. Just in time because I was thinking I needed to go buy some of the SunButter that doesn’t have any sugar in it. Awesome coupon to the rescue.

Oh and I feel like you’ve been missing Kitty pictures so here you go.

IMG_3795_thumb[3]

Yep, everyone loves the banana Chobani around here. Ha.

And, I was wondering if we should get the boys some haircuts before they’re ring bearers in my sister-in-law’s wedding next weekend.

Do you think they need them?

Hmm…. or maybe we could just braid that for the wedding. Kidding.

And I’m out.

This weekend we’re planning on taking it easy, enjoying each moment and doing all of these things on this cool mug!

Yay!

Oh, and just in case you need a reason to enjoy your cup of coffee even more, Runner’s World has some thing you should know about coffee. Not only can it can improve performance, but it also has health benefits.

8 Things Runners Should Know About Coffee

Cheers!

Happy Friday! Happy first day of summer! Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Now I’m dying to know whose nose that is!! That zucchini pizza looks delicious. And th Legos, oh the Legos. I have a love-hate relationship with them. Yes it drives me crazy when my kids take them apart and lose the pieces. I kinda want to glue the whole thing together after we complete it but I guess that kinda defeats the purpose? Maybe? Happy Summer!

mmm i bet those zucchini pizzas were so good! i made eggplant pizzas the other day and they were awesome!!

Amy Zirkle says:

Hey Kristin – Happy Summer!!!! I love that mug – and the zucchini pizza…hope you are doing better – I must confess that I too managed an injury – an MRI revealed bulging discs in lumbar area and I just started PT this week – I’m not allowed to do much impact so I confess that those barre type workouts are going to be my new best friend – I saw your entry about running in the pool…sadly I don’t have access to a pool in these parts..but good luck with all that ! Happy Happy Summer! be well Amy

happy summer to you Amy!!! So sorry about your injury. Darn it. I really want to try those Barre type workouts. I need to find a place around here. Hugs!

Tess says:

Congrats n the Lego assembly!!! No easy task!!!! Happy T.G.I.F. and Summer ;)

Better learn to love Legos!!! Just wait till you have the bigger ones – and then when they fall apart – oy!!! I’ll just send my oldest son out – he loves Legos (even at 14) – he makes videos and everything!! (oh, and then he can a ghost pepper!!!)

Shelby Snyder says:

Kristin, I wanted to tell you that I simply am in love with your blog! I am 17 and have recently lost about 30 pounds. I love your recipes…especially the desserts!! The way you make healthy eating fun is inspiring. Thanks to you I am whipping up protein packed cookie dough and almond milk “ice cream” all the time! Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading this!
    -Shelby Snyder :)

Those zucchini pizzas sound good! In sorry to hear about the issue in the bed this morning, they must have just been trying to tell you they were ready to get up and start the summer!

Michelle says:

Ok, I totally sucked at the nose game! I tried, I really did! I think I got one of them. Peeing in your bed isn’t a shared family activity?! Hmm…seems like it involved everyone, right? ;) Those bed peeing days *do* end, I promise you! My son is not even 15 and will be done with driver’s ed next week! Bed wetting doesn’t seem so bad now :( Have a great weekend, beautiful Mama!

Samantha says:

We celebrated first official day of summer by not pouring rain. But that doesn’t mean we had sun. :) You will have to tell me if you can find any options in the SunButter brand that don’t have sugar. I should check their site. I have to buy a different brand entirely in this area to get sunbutter without sugar and it is at one specific store in the region apparently. Have a good weekend!

They do have one that doesn’t have any added sugar. :) I’ve never had it though but can’t wait to give it a try. :) Hope you’re having a great weekend Samantha!

• Samantha says:

I just checked their site (this comment reminded me) and I have never seen that one in the store! I do like the other brand I do unsweetened so I am sure it will be good. Maybe just getting used to? But you are doing amazing with this challenge anyway.

The weekend went too quickly and summer quarter is starting, but I just have to remind myself this will be a shorter quarter with a longer break at the end.

Luv the Kitty picture! Our cat used to try to eat my yogurt too but then she would always get sick!

Angie says:

please please please post the recipe for the zucchini pizza. Many thanks

Want to know something – your posts are fun! :) AND my grandson can rock those friggin legos & I can hardly put 2 together! ;)

Hi Kristin,
    Of course I just must comment since I’m happy you got the SunButter swag. Can’t wait to see what you think of the unsweetened SunButter. Post about it? Perhaps a recipe (yes, eating out of jar with spoon counts as a “recipe.”) But as a fellow blogger, I also wanted you to know it warms my blog-writing fingers to read all the comments on your posts. You’ve helped me discover other great blogs, and for that (and so much more!), I am grateful. Keep up the inspiration, my friend. And take good care.

1. [...] also got my afternoon mocktail going [...]

2. [...] with leftover chicken from Father’s Day (that I had in the freezer) topped with some of that new habanero hot sauce I’ve been loving and TJ’s Everyday Seasoning with roasted carrots and roasted jicama chips and [...]