Wedding Snapshots, A Video and A Failed Costco Challenge

Hey friends!

Hope you’ve had on heck of a fabulous weekend.

We’ve been busy busy.

I’ll save workouts for my next post.

But I’ll show this amazing breakfast I had yesterday. It was darn amazing and everything that went into the mix is posted in Instagram. I’m too lazy to write it all out on here again so click here if you want all the details. It was yummy.

Yesterday little ring bearers were all dressed up and ready to go for their big debut.

IMG_9315IMG_9316IMG_9317

I though a little bribery was in order. If they made it all the way to the special line up in front they would get some fruit snacks.

Whelp. It went a little something like this.

Partial success I guess. :)

He he.

I forgot how much fun weddings are. Especially when it’s family.

The whole dressing up thing.

Yes, those were the best two pictures we could get.

Do you think we’re going to have our hands full with a certain someone?

IMG_9350IMG_9361IMG_9362

What about now?

Ha ha.

Being with all the ones you love and juts celebrating.

There’s nothing like it, yes?

My main man got to walk his beautiful sis down the aisle.

I’m keeping the rest of the family off the blog though since didn’t ask permission and I’m 99% sure I annoy the heck out of them with my photo taking. Remember I’m just a sister-in-law.

But, STUFT Daddy doesn’t have a choice.

Things that made the night even more enjoyable were comfortable shoes form our little shopping trip. Nordstrom Rack friends. It’s the place to be (just not with toddlers).

My dress was from there too. It was a whopping $19.

Oh, and since my 27-Day STUFT Detox was officially over as of yesterday, I did partake in a little bit of wine.

Side note- I’m not really ready to pit any artificial sugar back in the diet though. I need to take things one step at a time. More on that later.

Anyhoo….

We also danced. Everyone danced. It was a blast.

And we all danced like nobody was watching because that’s what you’re supposed to do, yes?

Weddings are a good reminder just how blessed we are and just how important family is.

So…

If you’re on Facebook you saw my little Costco self challenge today.

image

I failed. Miserably.

Not sure how long I was in there. (It was crowded though. That’s my excuse.)

And, let’s just say I spent more than $100.

But hey, I got dates for the first time ever.

Can’t wait to try these out as a little natural sweetener for things.

Okay, gotta run.

I’m missing out on another family party.

How was your weekend?

Anyone else go to a wedding?

Is there anyone really who can make it in and out of Costco in less than 30 minutes and for less than $100? If so, I need your secrets and you are my hero.

*Don’t forget to enter the Wave Sayonara giveaway! Only a couple days left! Yes, you need these shoes!

Comments

Beth says:

I have two extra dogs this weekend and will be picking up another later this week (that will top me off at 6 dogs in my tiny house). Which means I am logging MANY miles of walks in every day – even in this heat.
    No weddings, but I have one coming up in September – in NY… Should probably do a detox for it, huh? I lack the will power.
    Costco – I often leave there less than $100 – though not always. I think the best tip I can give you is to buy less. Haha – so obvious right??!! Seriously, I usually only leave for less than 100$ when I HAVE to buy just a very few essentials and I have to use cash – so maybe you should force yourself to use cash and only bring $100 with you. Or I have a friend that doesn’t shop there, instead she goes to Smart and Final and says, “It’s like Costco except it’s everything that you need, but nothing that you want”. Costco has too much fun stuff.

I use dates all the time– you will love them!! I made lots of neat creations with them… date balls, protein balls.. all sooo easy!!! Brownies are my favorite too!

Karen says:

Oh my!
    I gotta tell you- I teared up watching the little video of the boys walking down the aisle.
    You have SO much awesome stuff ahead of you with them. I hope that you enjoy each and every moment. It truly does go by SO fast.

Also, cool! I can’t wait to hear how you like the dates.

purelytwins says:

love it!!! love weddings – though we have not been to one in awhile – always a good time :) love medjool dates!

cute! I need to go to a wedding….its been so long….

And yes, I think you just may have your hands full with that one? (Maybe he has your energy???) Start him on the sugar detox right now…ha!ha!

Love the video of your boys (and that little girl running down the aisle!!) – very cute!!!
    We don’t have a Costco but I feel sort-of the same about Target – hard to ever leave for under $100!!!

Weddings ARE the best. And I love the dress you wore!

Dates are super good with a smear of nut butter, especially almond butter. A few smeared like that is often my “after dinner dessert” :) Glad you’re not going right back to artificial sweeteners – and congrats on completing the detox/challenge!!

Samantha says:

You all look so wonderful! I loved it. Totally laughed at the video. Apparently they were on their own agenda. :)

Aw how cute! Looks like you had a great time at the wedding! How incredible does that breakfast look too!

Kori says:

Your family is beautiful! If you want to get in & out of costco…. most people say go w/ a full tummy, i say go w/ a full bladder! LOL If you have to pee, you will hurry! Sick & wrong, I know! hee hee

Tess says:

Kids -Adorable Family picture-Priceless!!!! Shoes-Fabulous Costco-time and money always ;)

Jessica says:

Your boys look so stinking adorable!!!
    And I love your dress! You have inspired me to take a Nordstrom Rack trip…good for my soul..not my wallet…

Erica says:

You look so darn pretty! The video is awesome. Kids are hilarious :)

We don’t have a costco here (coming next year) but my big issue is getting in and out of target in less than 30 minutes or spending less than $100. seriously, impulse buys galore!

Nicole says:

My weekend was okay….I was teaching BodyPump on Saturday morning, only to have my class interrupted by the club manager asking for the owner for a blue-grey Honda. (ME!) Welp….it was t-boned in the parking lot by a driver having a medical issue. Hard. Like, it may be totaled. That was the highlight (??) of my weekend. BodyPump was better on Sunday! Hahaha! :)

Costco secrets: Don’t grab a cart. Only stop for samples if it’s something so unusual you would never have it on your own. If the lines are long and you’re lucky enough to have one other adult with you, have them wait in line while you race to pick up what you need.

Love all of the cute wedding photos and your sister-in-law was such a beautiful bride! Love dates and I always stock up at Costco!

OMG – so funny with the kiddos! You are going to have your hands full but cracked me up & loved the pics! You & hubby look great & his sis is beautiful!!!

I wish Costco had a 10 items or less line for peeps like me! :)