Healthy Green STUFT CHO Muffins

Happy Thursday! Hey, Friday is almost here. Woo hoo!

I’ll make this quick.

I haven’t worked out yet today, but plan on hopping on the treadmill during swim lessons for just a couple slow miles and then teaching a couple classes tonight.

First things first though, some very important things went down in the STUFT world that I feel like sharing.

Yesterday I had another appointment with my physical therapist and friends, he used the word “optimistic” more than once and said that the prolotherapy is helping a lot. I got a few new exercises, the official thumbs up to start some shorter, slower runs and even the okay to put a couple races on my schedule in the next few months.

Slow baby steps, but I can’t stop smiling.

IMG_4850.JPG (2)

And you better believe I made him take this picture of me. My picture taking freak flag flies high at all times.

I really think the whole STUFT detox has helped too. More on that and where to go from here with running,etc. to come.

STUFT Daddy had his first ever apple cider vinegar drink last night. He drank it up just like I told him too.

(2 teaspoons ACV, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, ice water)

I let this sit and soak for two days after baking eggs in it without cooking spray.

I’m tempted to give up and just buy a new one. That stuff does not want to come off. Grrr….

I went to bed before midnight. That’s rare.

This morning I woke up before the boys (that NEVER happens these days) and had this overwhelming feeling of being blessed. I just sat there for a few minutes to be grateful and give thanks.

IMG_4860.JPG (2)

I had a feeling that today was going to be a really great day. So far so good.

IMG_4864.JPG (2)

I clearly have a problem with squash. I also have a problem making something I really love and then eating it again for the next 5 days in a row.

This sweet roasted spaghetti squash (minus the sweetener and spray) and strawberry goodness topped with coconut oil and nut butter just went down.

IMG_4867.JPG (2)

I’m planning a post on this for you too since it’s my new obsession. Gotta get the new sweetener free versions of my concoctions up on the blog since this STUFT detox is sticking around for a bit.

Moving on to muffins.

These muffins.

We’ve been fans of green muffins (and anything green for that matter, especially breakfasts)  for quite some time.

Actually, in this video my little man Judah admits to eating 3 green gobblin’ muffins. Pretty funny.

Every time I make a batch of these muffins they do not last long. And, I’m happy to report that even STUFT Daddy approves.

I made a new version the other day with a couple changes including two new secret ingredients.

IMG_4773IMG_4775.JPG (2)

Yep.

The best version of these yet.

So, here you go.

These are so moist.

My boys LOVE them.

When we made this particular batch my man ate this many.

And, there’s no hiding the Chobani cups when making this. We have Chobani Champions tubes galore over here, but the boys always beg for Chobani in a cup with a spoon for dessert.

If it makes them stay at the table, we give it to them.

IMG_9493IMG_9495IMG_9497

Have a good one!

Comments

First and Foremost: SOO glad to hear you got good news today!!!! That is so exciting!! Hmm…is signing up for the Runner’s world hat trick in October too much? lol. I am getting so pumped for that.
    Secondly: I love that you woke up this morning and some some quiet, thankful time, and that it made you have a positive outlook right for the day. I should try to do that more often. Today is my birthday, so I knew it would be a great day! :)
    And last: I will definitely try to make that sweet spaghetti squash with some of my garden’s squash. looks interesting!!

Lisa says:

Oh boy, do these look tasty. I’m all over anything green – including my food. I love green pancakes and stuff like that. I think I need to make a variation without the dairy and eggs, since I can’t eat them. I like the sounds of that;)

Heather says:

Where can I find more info on the ACV drink? Have you posted something on your blog about it? I’m intrigued. Glad you can get back into running.

The pan can be saved! Baking soda in boiling water, then drop that sucker in to boil. Trust me, I’ve saved many pots and pans this way!

I’m so happy you get to run!!! Congratulations!

I seriously get in “modes” with food. I crave something and then make a ton and eat it for days on end. MY man laughs at me for it, I’ll eat all salads one week, all rice and beans the next….current kick is adding spinach to EVERYTHING.

Reading this post made me smile!!!
    I’m so glad that you received positive news AND that you made him take a picture of you!!!
    And, the funny thing with that pan – my first thought before I scrolled down was to pitch it and get a new one!! Good luck with that!!
    Love that you had time to yourself to start the day and that it started out good and hopefully stayed that way all day!!!

Erica says:

Hooray for chobani! That stuff has so many uses. LOVE. Cannot wait to try the new flavors (hello blackberry and coconut!). The muffins sound great. I’m just starting to get into kale (I’m slow on the trendy stuff ;) ). Glad your recovery is going well- so exciting.

Adorable pictures! …and the muffins look great as well :) I really need to try kale here soon!

Tess says:

Congrats!!! on the terrific running news!!!!!

Sherry says:

Congrats on the good news!!! I don’t know what I would do if I was told not to do yoga or spin/cycle for months on end. You handled it well — plus you did the sugar detox? You’re amazing! I have an ACV drink every morning — same ingredients but with 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne added and it’s in warm to hot water. Drinking this first thing in the AM on an empty stomach is the best cleansing you could do for your body. have the hubby try it that way.

Samantha says:

I made kale cake a few weeks ago and it was amazing. I KNOW I am going to like these muffins. So glad you get to start running more!

Nicole says:

I found this online today….I’ve screwed up a pan or two!

1. [...] YUMMMY Green “STUFT” muffins!!  [...]