Inspired by Inspires, Six Mile Success and Favorite Part of the Day

Woke up to this yesterday.

IMG_5124.JPG (2)

You’re welcome. And if you’re on instagram you already saw that, so you’re welcome again. He he.

Poor Kitty. Man does he need a bath (and a Handful). Ha ha.

So, yep,  I was a bit nervous about attempting 6 miles yesterday. I hadn’t run that far in for what seemed like forever.

I needed a little extra inspiration.

Some inspiration from Inspires. He he.

I recently got an amazing package from Mizuno that not only had this shirt, but also happen to include a pair of Wave Inspire 9 shoes in a brand new color.

I’ve declared the Inspires my favorite shoe awhile ago. For me the Inspire 9s are the perfect longer distance training shoe- not too supportive, not too light. Just the perfect mix of both worlds.

I have a pair of the blue/silver ones, which I obviously love, but at first glance with these bright pink beauties I really like that the area around the ankle is black.

That part always gets so dirty. If it’s already black, well, then, no one can tell. He he.

So, since I was attempting my longest run in over 3 months (and was doing it inside where I wouldn’t get new shoes dirty), I decided to break these babies in.

Judah had the brilliant idea for me to take a picture by the “pretty flowers” in my new “pretty shoes” on our way to the car. I listened of course.

It was weird how nervous I was. I had that nervous stomach before a race feeling. I was really just hoping it wouldn’t hurt too bad.

IMG_5135.JPG (2)

Oh, and heck yeah, I wore a matching bright pink tank. Ha ha.

IMG_5134.JPG (2)

The run felt pretty long. I was so concerned with my running form and how things felt the entire time, I couldn’t even appreciate a little Access Hollywood.

(Random confession for you Access Hollywood viewers out there. I was obsessed with Kit Hoover in college. I totally wanted to be here and be on MTV Road Rules like she was. I actually sent in a tape and got an audition, but then never heard back from the MTV folks. Oh well.)

Funny how awhile ago a six mile run was no big deal and I would just see how fast I could fit it in. Yesterday when I saw that 3 mile halfway mark it was such a great thing. Then when I got to 6 miles, well, that was monumental.

I used this pace calculator to figure out my pace was 8:36.

My hip was a little uncomfortable and felt like it was grinding a bit, but nothing too awkward or painful.

The test is to see how it feels when I start moving around a bit more in the morning.

Baby steps friends. Every little step counts. Every little bit of progress towards a goal counts. Don’t forget to give yourself credit for even the small accomplishments.

After a quick shoe change I taught a 45 minute BOSU class.

IMG_5143.JPG (2)

I thought about changing my sweaty shirt before class too, but then decided against it. Classy.

I had to sub a spin class last night too. It was a lot for one day. Time for a little rest.

Hey, I actually got a little resting time in earlier during the boys’ swim lessons.

IMG_5161.JPG (2)

I decided to play the proud supportive mama for a change rather than get as much done as possible during the 30 minutes of swim time.

In watching them though I realized we really need to work on following directions. Hmmmm….

No squash pictures from yesterday, but my lunch was a ginormous salad with grilled chicken, roasted jicama chips, roasted carrots, tomato, Serrano, red onion, Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning, Tapatio and some guacamole.

IMG_5153.JPG (2)

It will be the same thing today. I’m already planning on that.

Dinner and dessert were pretty much the exact same as the other night, except I went with some roasted mushrooms and an original meatza pizza in the mix with zucchini pizzas.

IMG_5169.JPG (2)

Oh, and just because I feel like sharing, my favorite part of the day, every single day, is this.

IMG_5167.JPG (2)

Our nighttime routine.

Reading this toddler friendly devotional, something we like to call “God’s book”,

saying prayers, listing what we’re thankful for and snuggling to Kenny Loggins “Return to Pooh Corner” and Kermit the Frog “Rainbow Connection”.

Yep. Nothing beats it. Even if my little guys are being goofy.

Have a good one.

Anyone else taking baby steps towards something?

What’s your favorite part of the day?

Who do you like more, Kermit or Kenny Loggins? (For me it’s a toss up. Love them both.)

Comments

I know that nervous feeling – I’m easing back into lifing after my surgery and it’s scarey. You don’t want to over-do it, but at the time time you want to put forth some effort. Patience!

So happy for you!!! Congrats!

meredith says:

You did awesome! I hope you are waking up today feeling good. I am so glad you are back to running. Baby steps sure but in no time you will be completely back to yourself.

Jill C. says:

I LOVE the Inspires, too! They are the best :)
    I am definitely taking baby steps for a goal. I was out of running condition for almost two months and am now having to start over with it. Before I got sick (endometriosis flare up) I was running 10Ks, but now I’m working on getting comfortable with a 5K again. I’m okay with it, though. I’m taking my time and listening to my body. I’m also incorporating different types of runs (speed run, easy runs, etc.) that I had not worked on before.
    Good work! Keep it up!!!

Glad the 6 miles went well! I love your very pink outfit.
    I don’t know what I’m taking baby steps, but I am trying to get faster which seems/feels like it’s a slow going process!! My favorite part of the day in general is the morning, although during the school year (I’m a teacher) the best part of the day is the half hour before bed, reading/relaxing etc. Oh, and hands down, Kermie!!!!!

And I have to know, which mizunos are you wearing to BOSU? They are absolutely adorable!! (and I want them!!!) :)

Emily says:

My favorite part of the day is definitely morning- love my “me” time with a big cup of coffee and my favorite blogs!

woo hoo for 6 miles!!! I hope it is still feeling okay! I just started to feel something in my hip yesterday….makes me so nervous!
    I wanted to ask you how you become a Mizuno ambassador or rep.?
    They may not have much interest in me, my blog is still small. I only have around 100 or so views a day. I just started it about 2 weeks ago and don’t have a huge following or anything but I am a huge fan of their shoes! Total Wave Rider fan and wanting to try the sayonora soon!!!

Abby C. says:

I’m also coming back from a hip injury and I know how exciting is to finally start feeling better! The Inspires are my absolute favorite shoe as well!!

chrissy says:

Just wanted to say that I had the hubs buy a jar of Nuttzo yesterday from WF. First time trying it, and WOW! It’s great! I never would have even known about it without this blog! Thanks, stuft!!

Erica says:

SO happy for you!!! Those shoes are super cute. I need new shoes- maybe I’ll give them a go? Road rules- holy goodness that show was awesome.

Anyone else taking baby steps towards something?Getting more sleep? ;)

What’s your favorite part of the day? Whenever I get family time or teach a rockin class at the gym

Who do you like more, Kermit or Kenny Loggins? Kermy

Jennifer says:

Yea for 6 miles! I am also recovering. I don’t wake up with pain anymore and can do everything I used to with any pain! Such a relief! Lesson learned! E next time I decided to take n a full marathon, I wîll increase mileage slowly and be smart about training!

I can’t believe you got an audition for Road Rules! Loved that show! We also love hat devotion book at night too!

Stuft kitty is a cute little wake up face! I’m glad you were able to go for a long run, I hope your hip doesn’t bother you after the run. Your lunch looks great, I can understand your wanting it again!

WooHoo – so glad that you were able to run!! And, I’m sure the new shoes helped a lot!!
    Enjoy those nightly snuggles – one day you will turn around and those little boys will be taller than you and might hug you before bed (as long as no one can see them!).

So awesome. Love the new kicks & excited to see you running again!
    Kermit for the win. I need to be in the right frame of mind for Footloose & Danger Zone. Have you seen Loggins lately? I forget people age. Geesh. ;)

Oh yay – so so happy for you!! And returning to running after an injury definitely requires patience and baby steps. It can be so frustrating – fantastic to be at it but then frustrating at the progress.

YAY! I’m recovering from an overtraining-ish thing going on myself, so I know how that feels! Congrats on the run – and LOVE the new kicks. My fav color!

Tracy says:

Congrats on your run!! Hoping you feel great in the morning. Fingers crossed!

I currently wear the Wave Nirvana but am thinking about trying the Inspire. How would you say they compare in terms of control and support?? I’d love your input!

Happy for the baby steps for you!!!! I love that brand on you – so pretty… and love all your pics of course especially the family ones & that crazy cat! :)