Quick Thursday Tips

Why hello!

Just stopping by quickly with some random Thursday tips.

Workout so far today was a 3 mile treadmill run at the gym. Planned on doing 4, but only had time for 3. Ran at 8:20 pace on 1% incline. Darn treadmill incline chart. Ha ha.

I’ve got a long run scheduled this weekend with my Runner’s World Challenge training plan that I’m going to try to make happen tomorrow morning, so I’m trying to take it easy today.

Sporting my Mizuno Wave Sayonaras, my Mizuno running skirt and some purple Pro Compression low trainers today. Feeling all girlie and stuff.

Here are some random Thursday tips for your reading pleasure (in no particular order).

Do not get on your phone or computer first thing in the morning. Instead take a moment to take a deep breathe, get your head in the right place, read this book and give your kiddos a little extra attention.

IMG_5581.JPG (2)

See how many things you can be thankful for throughout the day.

Blend some spinach with eggs to make green eggs for either yourself or your kiddos.

IMG_5574.JPG (2)

I used to make these all the time for the boys, but have gotten lazy. They made a comeback this morning though.

When you’re too lazy to make a full out sweet potato breakfast salad, just scramble the following things together in coconut oil- sweet potato, chicken apple sausage, eggs (or egg whites) and spinach.

IMG_5578.JPG (2)

It is a darn good combination. Bonus tip- do the sweet potato first to make sure it gets cooked enough. I did not and wish I would have.

Know that you’re taking a risk of having your kids shushed by a stranger when you let them use the baby carts at Trader Joe’s.

IMG_5594.JPG (2)

Also make sure to not go to the same Trader Joe’s for at least a couple weeks until they all forget about the mayhem you may have caused.

Get  your hands on some coconut butter.

IMG_5576.JPG (2)

This Artisana one is my favorite, but they have all different ones. Look for organic if possible. I’ve been loving it lately on just about everything. It’s got this sweet creamy taste that is to die for. And it hardens up a bit when it gets cold.

It’s also really great mixed with a little dark cocoa powder to make a chocolate spread. That chocolate spread goes well on anything, but especially an apple.

Oh, I guess with a few other things as well like peanut free Nuttzo and almond butter and coconut flakes and some Trader Joe’s cashew almond trail mix.

Make a wish on 11:11.

IMG_5585.JPG (2)

Add guacamole to your lunch to make it just that much better.

I made some romaine wraps and chard wraps today and was too lazy to roast the carrots and jicama, but because I had some yummy guacamole, it really didn’t matter. Anything is good with guacamole, right?

And, well, sometimes when you’ve had a long day and are headed for a long night, you just need an iced STUFT Detox mocha to get you by.

IMG_5604.JPG (2)

(Tip to self- write shorter posts. Stop boring people with your nonsense.)

Have a good one!

One more day to enter the JayBird BlueBuds X Giveaway.

Any random tips to share today?

Do you like guacamole?

Did anyone else need a little extra caffeine this afternoon?

Comments

Erica says:

UM – I definitely needed extra caffeine today…Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. The pictures of your kids at TJs crack me up! Kaylin was singing at the top of her lungs while I food shopped today. Very awesome. Guacamole is the best.

I could put avocados or guacamole on just about any lunch item!!
    And, sort of rude that a stranger shushed your boys – those cuties can’t possibly bother anyone!!

I’ve needed extra caffeine every afternoon this week, just never enough! [[Fabulous thing right now though, Starbucks is doing "treat receipt" --save your receipt from the morning and get a $2 grande iced beverage in the afternoon]] That has at least made my caffeine issue a little cheaper this week!

Love guacamole! Yes, I needed some caffeine around 3pm before I taught a 4:30pm sculpting class. Drink of choice…Starbucks Iced Coffee w/ Almond Milk :) .

Kelli says:

Well, my first trip to a Trader Joe’s was eventful! I was just minding my own business, moseying down aisles when suddenly a wine display appeared out of nowhere. I saw it and quickly moved my cart, but gently touched the display…down it went crashing numerous bottles of wine to the floor. A team of employees rushed to the site and made sure I was ok. They did not ask me to pay for the wine or leave the store, thankfully. So even adults can cause a ruckus in Trader Joe’s…no worries :) Have a great weekend!

Samantha says:

Oh my. This totally made me laugh. And this is why I am always afraid of the wine section. Trader Joe’s isn’t exactly the best floor layout stores anyway.

Oh no Kelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can so see myself doing that someday. They should’ve given you some free wine for that one. Ha.

Pam says:

so great to see you running again! :) you really are such an inspiring athlete & love all the cross-training you maintain!! good luck on your long run tomorrow. :)

I love my caffeine in the a.m.! I wasn’t a big coffee drinker before the boys…a lot has changed since then. lol

I need to work on writing shorter posts, too :) . There’s just so much to say! Good tips – love the greens in eggs!

meredith says:

I so know the feeling of having to switch up your TJ locations – gotta love kids. And really, I have to switch up my Lulu Lemon locations right now because I made a bit of a scene attempting a return.

Samantha says:

I am baffled by people that don’t love Guacamole. :) Have a good weekend.

Love that watch! Where did you get it an how much was it?

I love guacamole! I also recently discovered I like jicama. I tried roasting it after seeing your nachos and actually googled to make sure it was okay to eat raw. It is, and I love the crunch it has!

Number 1….yes, must remember!! These all great tips! So glad to see you continue running!

I’m hungry now!!! ;) The eats look amazing!!!!! Your boys are crazy, :) & yes to taking a moment in the morn! :)

I was at Trader Joes yesterday and there was a little boy causing a minor ruckus with a little cart. I thought of you and laughed. Other shoppers may have been annoyed but really people, there’s little carts, you’ve got to expect little people and little bits of mayhem.

Love the thankfulness you shared…I always make a point to reflect upon the things I am grateful for.

Green eggs…one of my faves!!! Yum!

My bf takes me on a ride on the carts at Home Depot. It (I) never gets old eheh