Monday Mish Mash, We’re In and a Little Motivation

Good morning friends.

Whelp, it’s Monday. Fun, right? Usually I’m dragging Monday mornings, but today for some reason I got up feeling super excited about the week and felt like getting on the treadmill.

Mondays, our schedule is so crazy it’s usually hard to try to figure out when and if I’m going to get a short run in. Today I felt like getting up and doing it first thing. So, that’s what I did.

Gossip Girl, Old treadmill, 5 easy miles. Done.

It was the perfect way to start the day.

Unfortunately I waited a little too long to make coffee and spot cleaned the kitchen floor with veggie wash instead of cleaner. Nice.

But, when I did get around to making my coffee I made something fun.

The perfect iced Americano.

Check it out.

I did my usual Starbucks espresso brewing on the stove, but added a few of these cinnamon chunks I got during my Penzys spice stop.

Good stuff.

We put another new Penzys purchase to good use last night with some pork loins too. I never buy pork, but my mom used to make the best pork and stuffing bake thing so I was craving it the other day.

STUFT Daddy barbequed. Simple combination. Deliciousness.

Random, but this is our family favorite marinara sauce. We buy it as Costco. Seriously, it tastes gourmet.

Since we’re down to our last zucchini around here, it reminded me I lever showed you my fun zucchini noodle salad I made.

All I did was shred the zucchini lengthwise to make long noodles and then add the same things that go into Tutu’s green beans (garlic, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, seasoning) and let it all sit in the fridge for a couple hours. Man it was good.

I should have made more cold zucchini salads over the summer. Oh well. Maybe next year.

It’s squash season now.

The new Runner’s World Cookbook just came out.

image

I can’t wait to get my hands on it! You can order it here.

Speaking of Runner’s World, my Runner’s World Challenge email from my training plan I got last night was this.

image

Um, a couple things stood out, having to do more Yasso 800s and that the MCM marathon is 5 weeks away. Oh my gosh! Eeeekkkk…..

That means the whole Mizuno Marathon Mezamashii Week is just 4 weeks away.

Deep breaths.

Oh, and speaking of racing, this just happened.

image

Yep. We’re in. We’re trying it again.

By God’s grace I didn’t get there last year, but I’m setting my sights on getting to the Boston Marathon in 2014.

Kind of hard to wrap my head around, so trying not to get too excited or anything. We’ll see how thing pan out.

Oh, and today Pro Compression released the new Sock of the Month.

nullnull

Go here to order these bad boys.

Save 40% plus get free US shipping when you enter coupon code CHV at checkout!

Okay, well, that’s about it for now. The rest of the day is going to be a bit nutty, so we better get on with it.

I’ll leave you with just a couple of things.

A certain Kitty finally got a much needed bath and is ready for a new week.

Some cute dudes are already getting excited for Monday night football with Daddy.

This was my favorite moment last night. Just watching my men play a bit after church.

We will never forget to wave again.

And….

Here’s little Runner’s World Quote of the Day for some Monday motivation.

Yes, yes we are.

Have a good one!

Do you do cinnamon in coffee?

Favorite marinara sauce?

Anyone planning on running Boston Marathon?

Comments

Janice says:

Congrats on Boston!!
    I love that running quote perfect!!

I looove cinnamon in my coffee! I add some to the grounds almost every morning. Glad your Monday has started out well! :)

elizabeth says:

I’m going to make Tutu’s green beans, I make a simlar dish, but the beans are warm, good!
    Do you use about one pound of green beans for that amount of dressing?

elizabeth says:

Once, I worked at a yogurt shop and we always added ground cinnamon to the coffee grounds before brewing, it was pretty good and smelled great. Every morning at home I make a plain decaf espresso in the moka express and then add foamed unsweeted soy.

elizabeth says:

This pork recipe looks good, Pork Chops with Grilled Nectarines, Caramelized Onions and Gorgonzola Cheese, http://www.eatliverun.com/pork-chops-with-grilled-nectarines-caramelized-onions-and-gorgonzola-cheese/

Cinnamon ..yes!!!

Boston??? Bwahahaha! Was that your joke of the day? ;-)

I wish I was running Boston this year! My husband is so I will be there! My goal is to qualify and run it in 2015!!!

I LOVE cinnamon in coffee!! Soooo good! Congrats on Boston! I’m in so I’ll be there next year. I’m really looking forward to it! :D

Laura P says:

Wow congrats on Boston, that is so awesome!!

And that zucchini salad looks good, I’ll have to remember that next year when our garden is overflowing with zucchini.

Congrats on Boston….super exciting!!!!
    Love me some cinnamon in my coffee! Yum! Especially when it’s pumpkin spice coffee.
    I got really excited when I saw the PRO sock of the month was chevron….but I wish they weren’t white with black….any other color than white and i probably would be all about them. I can’t pull off the white. Oh well. Maybe next month :)

Jill C. says:

Congrats on your entry!!! It’s going to be so amazing this year, and I know you’ll do great: both in training and at the race!

Jennifer says:

Congrats on Boston!

Lexa says:

Congratulations on Boston!!!!!!

Allyssa says:

So excited for you and your Boston acceptance! I’ll never be a Boston running because I’m way too slow but it sure is fun to think about for those of you who can do it!

I like cinnamon flavor in coffee but don’t normally add real cinnamon. Flavored creamers are a win though!

My favorite marinara sauce is made by Alessi. Their smooth marinara is my favorite. It has real basil leaves floating in it and it’s all natural with very few product ingredients and nothing weird in it. Plus they are a local company for me (Tampa) which makes me feel even better when I buy.

Michelle Kim says:

Ooooh Boston! How exciting :D . Hope you get in (you find out when they charge you, right? I’ve only heard about it… I have yet to BQ).
    And I do cinnamon in coffee once in a while if I feel like adding a little bit of creme and tiny bit of sugar.

Jennifer mykytiuk says:

So excited for you to run Boston!!

1. [...] wheat pasta with our favorite marinara sauce, those “green balls” from Trader Joe’s, roasted cauliflower and ground turkey meat cooked [...]

2. [...] it’s not going to get old anytime soon. Dan it’s fun to play with. IN fact, I need to make this cold zucchini noodle bowl with some of [...]