Saturday Shaping

Oh hey. Hope you’re having a fine Saturday.

Taught a boot camp class this morning. We did all kinds of fun stuff today. We started with the whole STUFT 10 to 1 jacking burpee challenge.

Favorite move (besides that little challenge of course) was lat pulls with a resistance band. I love these because they work your back. Sometimes it’s hard to target your back without weights or a pull up bar, but this move does the job.

IMG_8360IMG_8362.JPG (2)

I’ve been sporting the same Reebok outfit out and about today. It’s one of the many outfits from IDEA. Gotta love it when you keep your workout clothes on all day.

Date night last night shaped up really well.

IMG_8357.JPG (2)

He he.

Andrew picked up Mexican food for us and brought home a few of these peppers for me. No idea what they were, but I cut them up and threw them on my chicken burrito.

Anyone know what they are?

Nothing new and/or excited on the eating front today.

Another mess of an egg white scramble

IMG_8368.JPG (2)

followed by a roasted purple sweet potato with cinnamon, peanut free NuttZo and coconut butter.

IMG_8369.JPG (2)

Lunch was boring compared to breakfast so no pictures.

Made a quick stop at Trader Joe’s for some necessities. Somehow I managed to pass this up.

I mean seriously. That looks like heaven in a jar, but I just couldn’t buy it. Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl Spread? Dang you Trader Joe’s.

I did come home with one heck of a huge brussel sprout stalk though.

IMG_8385.JPG (2)

Totally had to find the biggest one. Ha ha.

Something else I tried for the first time ever……

IMG_8380.JPG (2)

I know, I know, I’m sure you don’t care, but it was pretty cool and I really want to know if anyone else has done it.

Obviously I made fast friends with Nancy who told me that I don’t really have a lot of eyebrows and asked me if anything happened. Um…. nope.

IMG_8374.JPG (2)

It was $10. Pretty darn cheap, right?

I left my wallet sitting on the counter there (see it in the background). Finally realized it about 15 minutes later. Thank goodness it was still there. I’m so smart sometimes.

IMG_8383.JPG (2)

Okay. I’m off. Just had to take a quick little stop to say hello.

Have a good rest of your weekend.

Have you ever gotten your eyebrows threaded?

Has anyone tried that cookie butter cocoa spread yet?

Comments

I LOVE those pants!!! Can’t say I’ve ever had my eyebrows threaded – I’m in the same camp as you – don’t have a whole lot to deal with in that regards. I’ve never even SEEN that spread. We get so ripped off in Canada!! :D

Diana says:

I had my brows waxed today. I’ve never tried the threading thing. How was it? Did it hurt too bad, did it leave you red?

Erica says:

That outfit is super cute!! I need a tjs trip- maybe monday

Chris says:

The Trader Joe’s Chocolate Cookie Butter is pure evil. In a moment of (monthly ) weakness I bought it… I’m embarrassed to say it lasted a week…it will NEVER be allowed in my home again. Ever…well…

I’ve never tried threading. Just waxing for me. The only place I even know of is at a mall kiosk, but no way I am sitting out in the open to have it done.

I haven’t seen the Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl Spread yet! Now I’m glad I skipped my usual TJ stop today. I don’t need that spread in my life. It would be gone in hours.

Victoria Morgan says:

I don’t always comment,but I always read.This is my favorite Blog.Tell us more about those bands and I am curious as to how you target your back with them.You looked SUPER CUTE TODAY! I loved your outfit.

I pluck and that’s about all I can say on that.

Never tried the TJ’s spread but I did get a taste of the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard today….heavenly!!!! ;-)

Mari says:

Thread.
    Used to wax years ago but super sensitive skin. So went to places that would pluck.
    Threading for years now living in LA and NY it’s on every corner lol. Seriously.
    Lovely purple yam.
    Get those antioxidants girl!

I have never tried that spread. I have so much nut butter in my cupboard right now, so I need to resist buying more…HA! Never done the threading, but I do sometimes get them waxed, otherwise I just pluck away. Rock those pants! :) Oh and I wish I could find me some purple potatoes. YUM!

Amie says:

That spread looks very dangerous. That looks like it could be a trigger food for me. One taste, and the beast is unloosed. I do eat a lot of nuts and nut butters. I like to mix my nut butters with cocoa powder to get a chocolate fix.
    I love those pants, so cute.
    I get farm eggs once a week and they are very tasty. I eat at least one a day. Have not tried egg whites like yours.
    Once upon a time, I waxed. Now that I am getting up there in years, I don’t even need to pluck so much. It’s like they just gave up. One bonus of middle age? But, at the malls, those threading place have popped up overnight everywhere. I would not feel comfertable to undergo that in the middle of the mall, so exposed, but I see lots of people doing it.

Amie says:

Meant to add: the pix if the roasted purple sweet potatoe looks spectacular.

I haven’t seen that jar at TJ’s yet, and thank goodness – I don’t think there’s anyway I could bring that home to my kitchen or it’d be gone much too quickly!

Anastasia says:

I am going to take a guess and say that it is a serrano pepper. It should have been a medium intensity pepper (5 out of 10). I have not had my brows threaded but I would like to give it a whirl. Waxing always seems to make me break out a couple of days later.

I’ve never had my eyebrows threaded – years and years of waxing have left them pretty slim.
    We spent a chunk of today watching Modern Family (season 4) – love that show!!

I have no hair on my eyebrows so I wish I could try .. YET with age it is all over mt face, neck & anywhere it is not supposed to be! ;)

I so do not bring home those “not too clean” nutbutters – I would eat the whole dang thing! I am bad enough with the clean ones! :)

Got to find the purple potato AND these sweetpotatoes NOT sweet potatoes that Sarah for Ingredients of a Fit Chick wrote about on her blog. :)

MIZ says:

**WRAGGLES HER BROWS which are desperately in need of shaping and have NEVER BEEN but she’s too afraid**