They Took it Back and Obviously This Morning Was Rough

Yes, yes they did.

I made a quick pit stop on the way home Thursday night.

Lululemon is a very dangerous place.

photo 1

Well, I has to go there because that Lululemon tank top with the huge hole needed to be exchanged. Thank goodness they took it back. It was a special edition one or something, so I got two for the price of one.

These are the ones I picked out (if you care).

photo 3photo 4

I actually ended up paying about $20 dollars, but I’m pretty excited about my purchases.

And, helpful hint- I always replace the bra pads that come in their tanks with Handful bra pads. I pretty much do that with any top. Have to do the “flatter, not flatten” thing you know.

Obviously since Thursday morning was so calm and quiet, this morning when I planned on being out the door around 6:00 am to get my last long run in, things did not go as planned.

I burnt my plantain egg-rito.

I know, right? No one wants to see that.

Then the cupboard shelf fell down.

Hmm….. maybe it was one too many huge coffee mugs.

Or maybe it was this silly plastic thing that’s supposed to hold up a shelf. Really?

I was not alone this morning either. I had company at 5:45 am.

Good times.

Managed to make it out the door for my run just as the sun was coming up. About an hour later than I had planned.

photo 1

It was my last long run before the official taper for MCM marathon. I had 16 miles to do for my training plan.

For some reason I thought it was going to be easy today. It wasn’t. It was tough. I just wasn’t feeling it and it was a struggle to get through.

Funny how some days it feels so great to run and others it’s just darn hard. How cool would it be if running was easy all the time? I wonder if it is for anyone. It can’t be, right?

I was really glad when it was over. Like really, really glad.

photo 2

At least I ran in style.

photo 4

Ha ha.

Then I got a little help with my foam rolling

photo 3

and Joaquin decided it was his turn to “go for a run”.

Funny guy.

One thing that motivated me for my run this morning was to get back in time to order these cool socks before they sold out.

Pro Compression Marathon Halloween Socks

How cool are they?

I’m not even a big fan of Halloween, I can’t remember the last time I dressed up, but hey, I need socks for all holidays.

Last I checked they still had a couple sizes available. You can order them here.

I know FitFluential has a 40% code for socks right now and a giveaway that ends tonight.

You can check it out here.

Oh, if I did decide to dress up for Halloween though, this Beaker costume is pretty freaking cool.

image

[source]

Mee mee mee.

Oh and Kitty hasn’t really decided what he’s going to be yet, but we tried on last year’s outfit just for fun.

photo

You’re welcome.

We had a super fun impromptu family day today, but I’m to tired to write about it.

You’re welcome again.

I’m also counting down until Andrew and I are sitting on the couch eating Mexican food and watching Modern Family. That’s the plan for tonight. You know, it’s date night and all.

Enjoy your weekend!

Here’s a little Runner’s World motivation for you!

image

Yes, yes it does.

Do you have days when running or working out is just darn hard?

Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what are you going to be?

What are your Friday night plans?

Comments

Hey, we just got home from a CC meet…..and yes, one of my daughters had a run that didn’t go so well…too windy, hard hill, and not feeling it. Then, my other daughter told me after her race she “was feeling great” and “wanted to go faster” but, her good friend whom she normally runs with (and is diabetic) wasn’t “feeling it” she actually was feeling really bad…..my daughter decided to stay her pace to be sure she didn’t faint and run with her til the end….I am thrilled she did too b/c after the friend needed some help.

Moving on …next race is sectionals and they are both excited for a better run!

Laura P says:

Ooh good score on your LLL tops, I like both of them, super cute!

I only dress up for Halloween if I have a good party to go to, but that’s been a few years, lol.

Yes I definitely have days where running is harder than others. I just remind myself that not every day is going to be a GREAT run, to just finish it. I always feel good that I did something.

marti says:

you know some days you just don’t feel it! but i tell myself that is what makes the good/”feels easy” running days so darn great! :)

Jacqueline says:

I am in love with your Lulu skirt!!
    PS Stuft Kitty looks thrilled. ;)

I think we all have days that no matter how easy the run it just is plain hard. Those are the days you just have to push through and let go! :)

HAHA that picture o kitty with the costume on made me laugh! That is the exact same look my cat would give if I tried to dress him up :)

Love your new tanks! And kitty’s Halloween costume, of course! ;)

I hate when my brain tells my body it doesn’t want to run!! I have a feeling this morning will be like that. Group run is supposed to be 10 miles ( which isn’t really tapering for next weekend) so, I might be cutting it short. We’ll see. Even though it is our last team run, I’m just not feeling it (although we do get our swag today, I think…..)
    I enjoy Halloween/costumes. I am making a rainbow bright costume for this year. A lil throwback to one of my favorite childhood characters :)

I love Lulu clothes but I hate their return policies and have encountered more than my share of in-store disagreements with the staff lol…I can’t imagine there is anyone who has perfect runs each day. Just can’t imagine it. I often get out there thinking it will be a great run and then I start running and realize I am way way wrong. I just know in those moments that my next run will be fab as I am hoping for this morning – yesterday my legs felt like lead.

lindsay says:

you’re about to go into taper, and your tired, i’d say that’s a hard spot but it means your are spot on with training, right? now rest up!

Yes – some days running seems like the hardest thing ever – weird!
    Love Modern Family – we just got season 4 on DVD and my plan for Sunday is to lay around and have a marathon of MF!!!

Michelle Kim says:

Cute tops!
    And it must have been nice to have company so early in the morning :)

MILF Runner says:

I ALWAYS dress up for Halloween. I plan for it all year long. I like having a party to go to in addition to taking my kids trick or treating. We are all very excited by Halloween. Bummer ’bout the ‘rrito.

Of course have bad runs and bad workouts, but it happens and it could either be I am burnt out, emotionally exhausted, stressed, or just had a bad day. If it was easy all the time everyone would do it. I agree with Crazy Cotter’s comment. Rest up and you are going to do great! SCORE on the 2 Lulu tops! :)

Course I am late to the game – Got to say I love the kitty pics – hilarious – but they seem like cats they are friendly – are they? AND your son is hilarious as ready to run – too cute!!!

HOLY CRAP – yes, I have days! ;)