Well, I Baked- Impressive Red Velvet Cookies

Yeah, I baked. I know, right? How did I have the energy after all of our weekend excitement?

Ha ha.

Well, it wasn’t my normal all-night extravaganza baking 7 different types of cookies, etc. But…..  I still baked.

My usual holiday baking madness looks a little like this. (That’s a post from 2 years ago. Pretty funny and there’s a video on there with Joaquin doing a treadmill “workout" in his Santa diaper.)

This year I stepped it down a notch and just went with three different cookies and didn’t even make that many of each. I’m calling it good enough and buying See’s Candy for everyone else. Now that’s good stuff. Ha ha.

So, yeah, we love cookies around here.

Sometimes it takes a little cookie bribery to keep the boys quiet during church.

2013-12-15 11.14.402013-12-15 11.14.44

Whatever works.

When we got home, we hadn’t had enough cookies yet for the day so we made a batch of the Best PB2 Chocolate Chip Cookies

2013-12-15 13.38.46

and then some Red Velvet Cookies.

2013-12-15 17.22.02

These red velvet cookies are darn good and everyone loves them. I’m actually surprised I haven’t posted the recipe on the blog before. Silly me.

Well, it’s about time I do something right and make this post short and just give you the recipe for these cookies.

You just might want to make them to impress a few people this year.

Just so you know, these are very easy to make and easy on the wallet because there are only a few ingredients involved.

They are not, however, easy on the thighs, so consider yourself warned.

If you don’t feel like living dangerously or spending the extra $2 for the cream cheese frosting, these cookies are still good without it.

But you know, everyone could use a little frosting during the holidays.

Right?

Everyone could also use a picture of Kitty and Harvey.

2013-12-11 20.44.40

You’re welcome.

Dang, I better find that Harvey before I go to bed.

See you tomorrow.

I’m finally starting a few giveaways this week. Nothing like leaving them to the last minute. Just like my Christmas cards. I better pick those up tomorrow too.

What are your favorite cookies to bake?

Do you have certain things you bake every year for the holidays?

Comments

MILF Runner says:

A true cookie is never ‘easy on the thighs’…nor should it be. Those look good.

My two favorite cookies, and the only two I bother to make, are thumbprint cookies as well as an old family favorite- sour cream wreath cookies. Usually when I bake, I go for bar cookies or cakes or brownies. Not a huge cookie fan. (and I am pretty sure my reason for never baking a whole lot is that my kitchen always, always, always looks like yours in that pic from two years ago…and cleaning up is no fun. hah)

I make a very similar cookie (using cake mix) but add white chocolate instead of icing and they are fantastic!

Ohhhh, those do look impressive and delicious!!! But I am DONE baking this year…in fact, I made more this year than ever before.

Valentine’s Day is round the corner…red velvet cookies may be a nice surprise to try then. (And I don’t have a favorite cookie…I know right?….probably no shocker there….I love them all!!)

I guess it was red velvet weekend because I made some red velvet cookies, too. Delish!

The cookies sound yummy and look so festive! Snickerdoodle s are a must make for me around the holidays!

I love snickerdoodle cookies they are by far one of my favorite. These look really delicious and I love cookies that involve cake mix!

I make a raspberry and lemon thumbprint cookie that everyone loves. I make this every Xmas. The other ones I make I usually change up every year–brownies, sugar cookies, gingerbread men, masses cookies, bars……whatever looks good at the moment! I’m doing all my baking this weekend, can’t wait!

I don’t bake – I’m way too lazy!!! We have done the frozen cookies for Santa many times!!

I’m not big into baking, but I do have a delicious recipe for Christmas Crack, that is a toffee like treat that is so addicting. I only make it a couple of times over the holidays because I will eat so much of it.

COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stengel99 says:

Thanks for posting this. I just finished a batch of red velvet cookies using the recipe from the side of a cake box mix, and I am not impressed. I will try your recipe next time.