Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Pick It Up Already and Well, It’s On

Pick It Up Already and Well, It’s On

Hello.

Did you’ll have to go back to work today? Or did you get another day to just kind of relax after yesterday?

I pretty much “work” every single day, but that’s how things are when you kind of do your own thing and well, when you’re a mom, yes?

I attempted to get a few more miles in today while keeping a normal schedule and getting stuff done around the house.

If I was one of those really cool productive people I would’ve had my long run done by 7:00 am and then go along with my day. I’m not quite there yet.

Especially today. I had to do the new unsweetened mocha thing before my run.

I ran 8 easy miles on the treadmill at home in the morning.

2013-12-26 08.52.16

Then 8 easy miles at the gym a little later so the boys could play with some friends there.

2013-12-26 11.41.492013-12-26 11.41.52

Two things about running today.

It felt good to run after quite a few days of just some really short runs and a lot of desserts.

I have just not been picking up the pace like I should be lately. I just keep running comfortably. Kind of weird and I keep telling myself I’ll try to go faster the next day, but then I don’t really push myself. I think I’m in a bit of a funk.

Pick it up already lady.

Anyhoo, speaking of picking things up.

The boys and I did manage to pick up a few supplies for a pirate themed party.

Yep, it’s on. I have one day to get it together. We shall see.

I was hoping Costco made pirate cakes. We went there today to check and well, they don’t. Save yourself a trip. I was also hoping the boys could agree on what kind of cake they wanted. They can’t and there was a bit of a screaming match at the Costco bakery. We got out of there empty handed pretty quickly.

I finally got to have a big old turkey burger salad today (turkey burger, tomato, onion, balsamic vinegar, Cholula, crushed red pepper, Trader Joe’s garlic salt grinder seasoning).

2013-12-24 14.17.11

It was about time. I feel like we’ve been eating huge holiday meals and treats for a week straight now with all our family gatherings and such.

The rest of the day was spent making room for new clothes and toys by cleaning out closets and finally putting away laundry.

2013-12-26 15.42.21

So. Much. Fun.

Oh, and so much more fun with a little help from someone who likes to play dress up.

2013-12-26 16.33.02

Don’t be fooled, Kitty liked it.

2013-12-26 16.32.58

Okay, well, time to hit the sack.

I’m exhausted and my whole getting 7 hours of sleep thing is back on as of right now. Dang it takes a toll on you when you don’t get enough sleep, yes?

Other things will have to wait.

I won’t leave you with just these fabulous pictures of Kitty though (although in my opinion that’s all a blog post needs).

Since I need to pick up my pace with my runs, this article by my friend coach Jason is helpful in figuring out what pace you should run when you’re training and doing different types of runs.

Running the Right Pace

And, I can’t decided if I should just buy a couple cakes and throw some cheap pirate figurines on them or attempt to make this coolio Pirate Cake. What do you think?

I’ve got a long run on the schedule tomorrow. It’s on!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Comments

Jessica Thicksten says:

Make the party/ cake as simple as you can. The boys will love it no matter what!

Erica says:

A pirate party?! I can’t wait for the pictures. I’m all about going the easy route when it comes to parties. My runs have been slower too, but they’ve been completed and thats what matters 😉 Have a great day!!

As cute as the pirate may be ….it all gets eaten ….save yourself the extra work (you do have a long run planned after all) THIS year and go for the easier version.

To me January has always been my “clean the closets” and “organize” life better month…..I work all day today but tomorrow just may be the start of a crazy cleaning day….or I may take the kids swimming so Owen can practice his diving off blocks….Ummm, already thinking the diving thing sounds better…ha!

I would say just throw some pirate stuff on a cake….but it’s a shame I don’t live closer. I used to decorate cakes for a living and could have made that pirate cake pretty easy for you. dang. i knew i should be living in CA 🙂 i am sure the boys will love the party no matter what, though. Have a nice long run today!

Cassie says:

I say push yourself out of your comfort zone and make the cake 😉 If you can make the cake, you can DEFINITELY kick it up on your runs and pull yourself out of your funk!!

Angie B says:

Your funk is no funk to me. I think the fact that your getting runs in is awesome. Keep it up!

I am in a bit of a funk lately too. Just cannot get any speed. Legs feel like lead.
    I hope we both break out of our funks soon.

Liz A says:

Way to work it mama, you are inspiring with those 16 treadmill mles! I can’t believe our kiddos are going to be 4! Hope the pirate party is a huge success, we are busy prepping for a princess/unicorn/butterfly party next weekend. Miss you! 🙂
    PS- Those kitty pics made my day!

Since I’m kind of a fail baker, I would go with the easy cake haha! Yesterday I found those purple sweet potatoes you always rave about and I gotta say, they don’t disappoint, but I think my craze over the okinawan potatoes might still be stronger.

Allyssa says:

I say if you have the time go BIG! But, if you are running low on time, go the easier route. Either way the kids with get delicious cake 🙂

I always go with easy cake recipes! I can’t have anything TOO complicated especially if I am shorter on time. Love the kitty pictures! I think they for sure make the post 🙂

Michelle Kim says:

Oh, man. All my days are out of whack… I didn’t realize it’s Friday!
    I’m definitely in a funk as far as running, but I’m okay with it. My official marathon training won’t start until the end of January, so my workouts right now are just for base-building/maintenance. It’s a little weird to feel directionless, but it’s kind of nice to go by feel, too.

You amaze me with all you do!!!!!! I am tired reading this!

Is it birthday time for the boys?! Is there a place that will just do the print-outs on a cake? So much easier and the kids don’t really care as long as there is cake!!!
    I think you are still a speedy kick-A$$ runner!!!

I’ve been in a general running funk lately too. I want to run, I need to run, but gosh darn it it’s tough to make myself run these days.

Thumbs up for a simple pirate cake! The figurines you use will double as extra presents 🙂

It’s hard to get back to training after the holidays..!! Days off, too much food.. You’ll get there soon though. And those Mizunos look way cool. 🙂

1. […] hello. I guess I picked things up a bit today. It was about time, […]