Huge Mistake, My Fault Obviously, I Am NOT Smarter Than the ProForm Treadmill

So, um yeah.

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. If you’ve spent 10 minutes 30 seconds with me, you already know that.

The whole treadmill incline fiasco.

All me.

ALL ME.

I’m sure that’s really impressive to the iFit ProForm folks, huh?

Geeesh. I’m embarrassed.

To make things a little better first though, let’s talk about some highlights from the day.

We had a successful trip to Target. Successful because we found one of the big carts and because we made it in and out of there without any tantrums or random things from the $1 bins.

2014-01-02 12.36.072014-01-02 12.36.20

I was tempted to buy a new notebook because these were awesome, but I refrained.

2014-01-02 12.47.11

Lunch today was delicious.

Chicken STUFT romaine wraps with carrots, broccoli and Trader Joe’s guacamole on the side.

Had a little bit of an issue when it came to snack time though.

Yep. Spilled my Super Oats all over the floor. At least I had some “help” cleaning it up.

And at least my snack turned out pretty well after some Super Oats finally made it in the bowl (with a few other things like unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest Bar).

Taught a couple classes at the gym tonight.

They went pretty well too.

A move I pretty much do every time I teach Group Strength Training is this tricep extension with the resistance band.

2014-01-02 19.24.01

I love it.

I also love my new Reebok track jacket that I wore for the first time today to try to impress the first of the year newbies to class.

2014-01-02 19.33.22

I love all the new people who come at the beginning of the year. Props to them for trying out something new and getting out there. I hope they keep it up.

And, I just scarfed this down.

And yes, I’m eating bread and grains again. Just a little experiment. That there is a cheese less sandwich. I haven’t had one of those in months and it was awesome.

So…..

let’s talk treadmill.

Let’s talk my stupidity and the most fabulous treadmill I’ve ever seen or stepped foot on.

Yep.

So this morning I jumped the gun and told you about my little incline issues I was having with my treadmill.

I did write this though in that post:

It’s probably my own fault as I’ve done nothing to set it up. I just turn the power on and go. I really need to set up a whole training thing and get it connected with our WiFi so I can run on their Google maps courses and everything that’s preprogrammed. There are so many super cool things about this treadmill I haven’t gotten to play with yet.

Didn’t have time to really look into anything today even though the email responses to my issues and questions were super quick.

Tonight I got home from the gym late, but decided I should probably take a look at the manual to see if it might say something in there.

Yes, friends, that’s right, I have logged a lot of miles on the treadmill already and had not opened the manual until tonight. I have simply been turning it on, running and that’s it. I’m off to tackle everything else the day is filled with.

Dumb?

And look at this. I never did this either (until tonight).

Nice.

So, this little guide, which is very well written and specifically says to read before operating the treadmill, pretty much put me in my place.

It took me about a minute to find the page where it talks about calibrating the incline.

I mean seriously, didn’t I realize it probably had to be done before I ran on it? Duh Kristin.

So a couple touches on the cool touch screen, and the most amazing treadmill ever was calibrated.

2014-01-02 21.15.30

Definitely not rocket science. Easiest thing ever.

While I was there I even got it hooked up to our WiFi.

That took about 30 seconds.

Seriously, this is so user friendly, I don’t know what my problem is.

A little Google on the treadmill? Oh heck yes.

I also found these since technically I should be starting my Boston Marathon training right about now.

Yeah, they have training plans already programmed into the Official Boston Marathon Treadmill AND using Google Maps you can run the marathon course (or anywhere else in the world). So freaking awesome. So many more things to discover about this treadmill.

But…. for now, I’m off to bed.

I’ve got some making up to do with my little friend. I feel so bad for blaming him/her for my mistake. I owe some serious mileage.

And hey, talk about some extra motivation to get an early morning run in. Seriously, I’m excited to get on it even more now first thing since I finally have a few things set up.

Dang this machine is glorious. I better make myself work for it.

I still need a name for it though. Any suggestions?

You better believe I’m sleeping in my workout clothes. Here’s hoping I wake up the first time (instead of the third) my alarm goes off. He he.

Oh, and I didn’t forget, I really do have a great giveaway coming up and I need to get back to a lot of you. I’ll get there, but I HAD to write this first.

Beavis.

Have a good one!

Do you read the instruction manual first like you’re supposed to?

Or, are you the type to not read the directions?

Please tell me I’m not the only one who has make a mistake like this. If you have a story, please share. It will make me feel better.

(Hoping for at least 1 comment here. Ha.)

Comments

Kori says:

I think you should name it Beavis!!! lol

There has to be one in every family right? I usually read the instructional manual….completely (at least the parts I think I may need) hubby??? would be more like you…hahaha! (and then complain how we got one that was broken, and just wait until he lets the treadmill peeps hear about this etc….then I will read the manual ~ point out the issue and he hates it!!!) Such is life.

Cute Reebok jacket too. (And jealous of a little one wearing SHORTS…its suppose to be a high of -16 over the weekend….glad we aren’t getting the blizzard but, its so cold!)

You and I are frighteningly alike! You crack me up. I’m sure with all the excitement of getting that machine you can easily pass right past the reading of the manual. Have fun on your run this morning! I will be running with you on the treadmill at the gym. It’s too cold for me to go outside with a “feels like” temp of 6! Have a great Friday friend!

I absolutely never read a manual. It isn’t even an option or a thought in my mind. Why would I need one? I can figure it all out lol…See, don’t feel bad, I am the exact same way. I would never ever ever had read a manual for a treadmill. To me, those booklets only include info I already know or info about the extras which I can never be bothered with. Yikes, while I am making myself laugh, since I am speaking the total truth, I can’t help but question my own thought process. lol

Emily Lutz says:

Hey, don’t worry about it! I think we’ve all done the same thing; and you were not unkind or condescending when you first said the treadmill incline was funny! :)
    Also, sleeping in your workout clothes is great for an early morning workout, I do the same thing!

Ren says:

Hmm, Boston Marathon treadmill that’s gonna help you train? How about….Boss!
    Treadmill: “Kristin, run 13 miles today” You: “Yes, Boss.” Ha. :D

Haha It’s okay! I do the same thing especially when I am excited about it! Thankfully when our treadmill was delivered long ago the people who helped set it up did all the start up stuff. It isn’t as fancy as that one though :) Enjoy your run this morning!!

Bonnie says:

Oh! I NEVER look at technical stuff…I’m a bit blind about it and leave it all to my husband. So this would TOTALLY be me – no worries there, you’ve got a friend in Bon! ;) What an awesome treadmill! i need to go back in your posts and see if this was from Christmas or a social media gift – happy training, K! :D

Kristen says:

I’ve had too many screwball goof-ups to even start! The main reason I’m commenting though is to say how much I love your attitude towards the newbies at the gym. Too often attitudes are more of the “can’t wait til they leave” variety (I’ll confess, myself included sometimes). If I think about it I really do hope they all stick with it and get stronger and healthier.

Nicole says:

How about “Eddie the Tready”? But, I like the names that others have suggested! (“Boss” is good….and since it’s the official BOSS-ton Marathon Treadmill, I think that works great!)

You need to name your treadmill something strong and masculine, like Brad or Matthew, or perhaps something that sounds tall-dark-and-handsome like Dominic or Victor, that way you can tell people “I’m off to workout on Victor.” … Hmm, Did I just make myself seem super creepy with that suggestion? I hope not, it was meant to be fun! Good luck!

michelle kim says:

I certainly don’t read the instruction manuals… so the same thing could have happened to me, for sure.
    I guess if I get a sweet treadmill like that one, I’ll read it through… just so I know how to maintain it and keep it in good condition, too.

Joy says:

I am all about instant gratification and can never take the time to read instructions when I get a new gadget. It’s not until something goes “wrong” that I turn to the manual. So, yeah, I totally hear ya.

Sarah says:

Proform Elliptical- I haven’t a clue what can do, I just up and down the incline and resistance.

That treadmill loos amazing!!! I think you should name it Southie.

I rarely read the directions – too much trouble but I do keep them in a safe place for reference!
    Glad you figured out the incline thing so easily!!!
    Have a great weekend!

You crack me up!!!! My hubby hates the instruction manuals & I read them but not too closely.. ;)

always love seeing your day to day pics & the fun with the kids & their cute smiles & your cute smile! :)

Mindy says:

How about naming the treadmill “Cline” – it will always remind you to read the manual first! ;0) In”Cline”

Charlie says:

This is something i would exactly do!!! i live in a family full of technology wizzes and i’m technologically challenged haha good on you for adding back in grains it will make training so much easier (having more energy) and of course they are delicious (who doesn’t love a big sandwich or bowl of oats!!!). love the blog by the way always love reading your posts everyday and being inspired :)

1. [...] This little technical issue I talk about ended up being ALL MY FAULT. Yep. Here’s the explanation in my next post. I’m so smart [...]

2. [...] well, I did sleep in my workout clothes last night and had my treadmill all ready to go, but as life would have it, I woke up extremely tired and sore from teaching this morning and [...]

3. Dirty Thirty says:

[...] on the still unnamed treadmill that is now properly calibrated first thing in the [...]