Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
Dirty Thirty

Dirty Thirty

Whelp, the whole unplanned rest day yesterday also turned into an unplanned date night with the man. Our date nights consist of fancy clothes (usually pajamas) and dinner on the couch.

We did the fish taco thing. I had my fish with some roasted delicata squash. It was darn good.

I had a big goal today. My goal was to log 30 miles in a day. I’ve never done that before, but I have some races coming up and this weekend was the only one to try to go for it.

Got on the still unnamed treadmill that is now properly calibrated first thing in the morning.

I attempted to get on instagram but failed, so I browsed the internet for running quotes a bit while I was on there.

2014-01-04 06.57.01

That didn’t last too long. It’s not easy to type in things on the touch screen while your running. I was hoping for 9 miles, but accidently pressed the wrong button and my workout was over at 8.81.

2014-01-04 07.05.022014-01-04 07.05.25

And may I just say that having the treadmill calibrated makes a huge difference. I’m pretty sure my last few runs until today on it have been totally uphill. No wonder they have been tough.

Ha ha.

I found this quote later on my phone.

2014-01-04 09.27.58

Heck yes. I love it. It’s originally from this website.

Awesome, right?

Anyhoo…

A little bit later, I got a chance to go for the second part of the run.

It was tough. Every long run is, but I chose a flat route and pushed those darn negative thoughts out of my head and went for it.

I thought about all people that inspire me every single day. People like Emz and Janae who are always lifting others up and making other feel good.

I would like to be more like that. Reaching out and helping people. Making people smile and get out there and believe in themselves. That’s something I want to work on.

Oops. Sidetracked.

So, yep, I made it. I reached my goal of 30 miles in a day. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. It probably would’ve been if I did it all at once, but maybe that’s down the road sometime.

2014-01-04 13.52.322014-01-04 13.52.42

30.23 miles total. Yikes.

2014-01-04 13.53.35

Funny though how if you just take a chance and decide you want to do something and then go for it, well, you find out what you really can do. It’s all about believing you can and having the courage to try.

Yes? Yes.

2014-01-04 13.53.20

(Side note- I’m sad that my Mizuno Wave Inspire 10s are already getting dirty. I don’t do well with white shoes I guess.

And…..

for all of you who don’t give a rip about running, STUFT Daddy just hatched some leopard tortoises.

2014-01-03 16.45.53

Pretty cool, huh?

And now my current goal is to have Christmas decorations down and put away before church tonight.

My other goal is to have some yummy wine afterwards too.

He he.

Have a good one!

What’s your favorite inspirational quote?

One of mine is this:

image

[source]

Comments

MILF Runner says:

The tortoises are WAY cool! Does he have the mommy and daddy ones too? Seriously SO COOL!

Those turtles are SO cute!!! My kids would love them!!!
    30 miles is crazy!!!! Way to go…I must say I am quite jealous of that beach and what you are running in since we are buried in freezing snow :).
    Way to crank out the miles!!!!

Over 30 miles– I was proud of that I did that in one week– you are amazing! Way to rock it!

Jen Mykytiuk says:

Way to go on your 30 miles! Wow! I finished my last long run before tinkerbell and couldn’t be happier!

30 miles?! Sounds like you’ll be ready to run an ultra!

Way to go!!! 30 miles in a day is awesome!!! Are you still planning on another long run tomorrow?
    I love the baby tortoises – so cute!!!
    I still haven’t put up my Christmas decorations – the day changed from my original plan and it just didn’t happen – maybe tomorrow!!

I like the boys’ facial expressions while holding the newbies…..not sure if they are enjoying it or not. 😉

Catherine says:

30 miles! You are amazing!

Tess says:

Fantastic shoes and faces on the boys!!!! Oh Yah! the 30 miles was also AMAZING!!!

Karol says:

wow, 30 miles is amazing. i just started running in september and i am always looking for inspiration. You are my favorite blog and inspiration lady. I have 2 little ones so its hard to find time but once i have it then i run. love it!

Judy says:

Right now I’m living by, “When in doubt, run.”

30 miles!? You are awesome!! I ran 5 miles today which is the longest I have run since my injury 4 months ago. It seemed like 30 miles – seriously need to work on getting back in shape! You are so an inspiration!

Tracy says:

Amazingballs!!! What are you training for? I love that you are in shorts, while here in the midwest we are battling record low temps with monster wind. Makes me just *a little jealous 😉 Great post!

lynn says:

I say you call the treadmill “Bossy Mary”. I just went to a turtle farm in grand cayman and say 300 to 500 pound turtles. They were pretty neat.

WoW! I could never imagine doing sooo many miles! Congrats! By the way, what is your husband’s job? He seems to bring back so many interesting animals frequently! 🙂

You amaze me with all you do!!! Such a great mom, wife & runner!!! Way too cool on the turtles too – wow!

I have so many fav quotes these days… I can’t choose but I post them on IG as you well know! 🙂

Sarah says:

Nice job on the 30 miles.
    “No one is stopping you from doing what you want to do” is my favorite quote at them moment. It’s from a Guns N’ Roses song. Ha!!

Tony and I were just talking about this! Running really is mind of matter. I ran 14 miles (my first!!!) Friday and 8 today. First time I’ve ever put that much milage in within 3 days. I feel great! I have had more family members warn me about that not being safe. I’m trying to take it as them being thoughtful, but I’m super careful with recovery and fuel, so I’m taking care of myself. I’m not increasing my milage crazy amounts, I stretch, I EAT all the foods and I don’t run 2 days in a row. Anyway, I NEVER thought I would be so in love with this sport. Thank you for your encouragement and friendship. Love you lady!

MIZ says:

ahhhh I would OBSESS about keeping my running kicks clean.
    it mightcould be good I dont run!! 🙂

You forgot to mention yourself – you really do inspire me and your posts make me happy. Congrats on an incredible day!!!

Michelle Kim says:

Good job on running 30!
    I love that about running, too. Sometimes, you get up and just have a number in mind (within reason), and you get it done. It’s so great to accomplish something so big!

Marty Roddy says:

This is fun and I am going to re-read to see hta i missed- Love the pics.

Also it has given me a bunch of new and good ideas for posts and pictures(love the TV/football pics)
    What am I going to do and write on mine? Lots of ideas now i need to get creative and not just Poach off good blogs like this.

Now dealing with Booger freeze tomorrow morning 😉

Ummmm you have something wrong, my friend. Very wrong. You inspire a TON of people (me included). Nothing but happy when I see your posts.

Congrats on the 30! You are nothing short of awesome!