Warning: Declaration of StatigramWidget::widget($args) should be compatible with WP_Widget::widget($args, $instance) in /var/www/app/wp-content/plugins/instagram-image-gallery/plugin.php on line 0
I Won My First Race Ever and the Dead Phone

I Won My First Race Ever and the Dead Phone

Good morning!

We’ve got some technical difficulties going on over here, so this will be the short.

Like really short.

Yesterday I won my first race ever.

It was from my house to the beach.

20.5 miles to be exact.

photo 2

I got a pretty significant head start, like 2 1/2 hours, but I’m still proud of my win.

Who was I racing?

The rest of the family of course. They met me at the beach and then we all went to lunch at this place again.

As luck would have it though my cell phone died about 30 seconds after I had someone take this picture.

It was actually a pretty lovely afternoon not having access to my phone. Ha ha.

I have to say, long runs are much easier if you have a destination to get to. And it’s a huge bonus when you have some handsome men meeting you there and when there’s food involved afterwards. Ha.

And now, pictures aren’t transferring to my computer, so that’s a wrap for this morning.

You’re welcome. He he.

I’m off to do the boot camp thing.

What are you up to today?

Comments

I’m about to head out for my own 20-miler (1st since 2011 when I swore off any more marathons and said I’d stick to halves – oops!), so thanks for the motivation. You continue to amaze me!

Erica says:

Congrats on the win 😉 I think all runs should end in food. We had our launches at the gym this morning, now I’m cooking and then we’re headed out for a few errands. Enjoy your Saturday

Karen C. says:

It is SO awesome that you live THAT close to the beach!

Marie says:

Sounds like the perfect day! I need to schedule one of those!

WooHoo – nice win!!!
    And, I’m insanely jealous of your weather and beach time!!!

I just got home from a little boot camp thing. 😉 Time to clean the house and start thinking about family packing for Disney next week.

Just got back from the gym – resting and then we have a double date planned later!

It looks so warm over there! Enjoy the sun!

Marci says:

Nice runn! Hey what belt are you wearing ? I’m on the lookout for a good one that stays put.

Amie says:

Celebrating the birth of my son! 12 years ago today, our b

Jen Lyle says:

Congrats on your win!! That’s pretty impressive that you beat a car. Usain Bolt, watch out! Haha 🙂
    I totally agree that running to a destination makes long runs seem a bit better… Of course that view doesn’t hurt either!

You finished at Moonlight! My favorite beach! Nice job beating the men 🙂

I saw from my phone yesterday & got to say it put a huge smile on my face!!!!!

I have not been the best the past few days on here & that may continue so I may not get to all of your posts or I may be late to many but I love reading so I will make it here eventually! 🙂

Jody you are just sooooooo nice. I don’t know how you keep up with all that you do. Thank you also for my wonderful gift. I got it and am so excited! I hope you had an amazing weekend.

Calee says:

YES runs that have a destination or a purpose to them (like errands) are definitely easier.