A Fail and a No Grain STUFT Flatbread Recipe

Whelp, it wasn’t too bad getting on the treadmill this morning since I slept in half of my running outfit and all. Ha.

Six quick miles. A warm up one, 2 at 7:30 pace, 1 at 7:20, 1 at 7:00 and then a cool down mile.

2014-01-13 08.06.132014-01-13 08.04.14

I was super excited about that no grain STUFT seedy bread I had sitting out ready to be put in the oven.

Obviously this happened.

Yep, totally broke apart when trying to turn it over. Things like that always happens when I’m really looking forward to something. Ha.

Oh well, nothing a little (or a lot) of guacamole couldn’t fix.

So after the whole 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook signing yesterday, I’m inspired to stay away from artificial sugar for a bit. Not a full on detox with my training schedule and such, but definitely time to limit the Quest Bars for a bit.

No more double baked Quest Bar days.

2014-01-09 16.04.56

Yep, that has happened more than once lately. Time to pull the plug. Ha.

So, one thing I’m sure I’ll be making a lot the next few weeks is this no grain, paleo flatbread.

It’s actually just a variation of the easiest no grain microwave muffin ever and the grain free microwave pizza crust from a year ago.

It’s so darn easy to whip up for a single serving bread.

I’ve been loving it all sorts of ways.

Topped with coconut oil, honey and cinnamon with a pork and spinach egg white scramble.

Or with guacamole of course.

Just can’t go wrong there. It’s ben done just a few times.

Can’t go wrong with loads of kale in a breakfast scramble either.

Ha ha.

Okay, there you go.

And here I go to teach a few classes.

Enjoy your day!

I’ll leave you with a picture of the photo bomber gang from this morning.

Anyone want to ditch artificial sugar with me for a bit again? It’s always easier when someone else is with you.

What was your last baking fail?

Totally random, but what’s you favorite breakfast lately?

Comments

Erica says:

So quick! Hope the classes went well today. I’m finishing up work then taking peanut for a walk then teaching step! I’ll have to give that bread a go. No coconut flour around here, but maybe almond or cashew will work? Last baking fail…cookies that just pancaked out in a major way!

Oh interesting. Do you think almond flour would work in lieu of the coconut flour?

I’m in to ditch the icky sugar! Best to stay away from it! I love coconut flour muffins/breads!

I will be trying this out tonight! It looks DELICIOUS!

april says:

oh i definitely want to try this! the flatbread looks yummy (and easy!!). thanks for sharing :)

Purelytwins says:

guacamole fixes everything :) one of our quick easy go-to is mixing one egg with 1 tbsp coconut flour – just perfect ;) love coconut flour based goodies – flatbread sounds simple and yummy!!

I love avocados and guacamole!!!
    I’m not going to give up sugar because the minute I say I am then I “need” it. For me, I do better just limiting it.

Heather Baedke says:

Thank you for sharing the recipe!!!

Heather Baedke

Tara says:

I was all over the “cut WAY back on sugar” plan. Then I tracked my food for three days and all three days I’ve been over on sugar. Not a good start. I need some willpower.

Diana says:

I definitely need a kick in the butt on the cut back the sugar thing. It’s been too much lately!

Beth says:

why do you not eat grains?

Natalie says:

I will gladly ditch the sugar with you!!

julie says:

I got this book and am starting next Monday. I am on a sugar overload lately, with night sweats, swelling of my joints, and mad cravings. Not conducive to my ultramarathon and Ironman training. I’ll do it with you Stuft Mama!

Hey girl! I was wondering; what is the main difference between coconut and Almond flour? Which do you use most? It appears that Almond flour has a lot more calories and fat, which is probably because Almonds are naturally higher in fat, but it’s good fats. Can you tell me which one you recommend for weight loss? I have never bought either, but I do not want to use wheat flour for my cooking, it hurts my stomach. Please let me know. Absolutely love reading along your blog!

I’m not the expert, but coconut flour absorbs A LOT of liquid and doesn’t have as much calories and fat as almond flour. I like them both though in recipes. Just personal preference.

Cathy says:

I’m impressed….this came out great!
    I used half coconut flour and half brown rice flour since I only had 2 T of coconut flour, had to improvise!
    I made something like this awhile back with avocado, which was good too, but you don’t always have a fresh avocado around, which is why I like this even better. I always have these ingredients…..thanks Kristen!
    By the way, love your blog, very entertaining….LOL

All over that flat bread! Easy is good & I would just toast & eat OR one of those nut butters I won! :)

No on joining the detox. ;)

I am boring so I eat the same breakie all the time.. ;)

Lynn Pronger says:

my favorite breakfast lately is 1 cup steel cut oats, 1/3 c flaxseed meal, soak overnight then cook for 5 min or do it in the crockpot with 4 1/2 c water, add 1/2 c dried figs or cranberries, 1 tsp vaniila, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and punch of nutmeg. Delicious and very filling.

Made this tonight and loved it! I totally defeated the purpose by using 3T coconut flour and 1T corn meal (a grain!), but it was still delicious :)

Sarah C. says:

I absolutely LOVE coconut flour. I made this and it turned out really dry and crumbly. Any recommendations? Thanks love the idea!

Karlie says:

Oh thanks for this recipe! I randomly stumbled upon it while reading your blog and my husband, just last night, mentioned that he wanted some sort of flat bread grain free thing to try. I told him I’m sure there are plenty of recipes on the internet and was glad to find one without even looking on a blog I enjoy! Thanks for all the sub-linking you do in your blog!!!

1. [...] turned that no grain STUFT flatbread into an apple [...]

2. [...] looks so much better than mine. I doctored it up a bit and made a no grain STUFT flatbread with [...]

3. [...] been feeling the pizza thing lately so I decided to try STUFTmama’s No Grain Flatbread. While that was baking, I was sauteed up some mushrooms, kale, edamame, roasted corn, & a [...]