Kids Marathon Mile at LEGOLAND

Happy Saturday!

Hope your weekend is treating you well.

We had a family movie night last night.

2014-01-17 20.07.29

There was no other place I would’ve rather been. Relaxing with the men watching Incredibles was the perfect Friday night.

This morning we had a little race.

Yes, WE.

2014-01-18 07.59.07

We took it upon ourselves to sucker Grandma  into going with us to show her how it’s done.

She’s close to retirement you know, so that means more racing for her in the near future. Ha ha. We may have had to convince her a bit with some new Mizuno Wave Rider 17 shoes.

2014-01-18 08.00.26

I must say she was very impressed with them. I guess I should have gotten her all dolled up with some socks too.

2014-01-18 08.00.42

Next time.

This was the first time we’ve done the Kids Marathon Mile at LEGOLAND. There were quite a few people there.

2014-01-18 08.11.00

It’s open to all different ages with separate start times based on your age and families.

Oh and not sure if you’re in on the whole “hands on me” thing, but that’s how we do family cheers. Joaquin wanted to make sure we did a “Go Grandma” one.

2014-01-18 08.13.08

The run/walk is a one mile course through LEGOLAND.

2014-01-18 08.25.37

I’m not going to lie. We struggled a little bit. We got distracted A LOT.

2014-01-18 08.29.20

Someone had a spill early on and was a little shaken up.  He blamed the bib and wanted to take it off immediately. I felt for him.

He powered through though. With a little help of course and we took the rest of the race pretty easy.

2014-01-18 08.36.452014-01-18 08.42.58

We could just not catch up with these two though. Grandma meant business.

2014-01-18 08.43.43

Luckily the finish line came up pretty quick.

2014-01-18 08.45.47

What do you know, we survived.

2014-01-18 08.55.10

The boys got some pretty cool medals.

2014-01-18 08.49.49

Mom and I got, well, a fabulous race experience together being “companions”.

2014-01-18 08.50.10

Then we bypassed the longer than long Chick-fil-A line at the post race festival

2014-01-18 09.00.062014-01-18 09.12.40

and went for the pretzel thins instead. There was a much shorter line.

2014-01-18 09.08.49

We decided to hit up the Carlsbad Marathon race expo while we had grandma along with us. You know, since she was dying to go to the race expo.

We got there right when it opened, but dang was it crowded in there.

I got my number

2014-01-18 10.07.55

the boys got hooked up with some Halo headbands

2014-01-18 10.10.112014-01-18 10.12.132014-01-18 10.12.33

I found my friend Erin who’s running the half tomorrow for a bit to chat

2014-01-18 10.33.25

and even found my Pro Compression sock twin

2014-01-18 10.32.43

at the Pro Compression booth.

2014-01-18 10.31.00

The fun didn’t stop there either, we got to go to a special birthday party later at this magical place.

2014-01-18 13.12.032014-01-18 13.15.26

And, just curious, but does anyone else think there might be a few germs in this?

2014-01-18 13.20.20

I’m not a huge fan of those play structures, but oh well.

Hmm… so weird that Grandma didn’t want to tag along to the party with us. Ha.

Okay, gotta get some things ready for tomorrow. The marathon starts at 6:15 am. Dang they’re not messing around.

2014-01-17 17.20.58

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Did you hear about the #MegsMiles run today? I didn’t know about it until someone left a comment yesterday. So tragic, but so awesome that the running community came together today to run in honor of her. I will be thinking of her tomorrow that’s for sure.

Have you ever been to Chick-fil-A? Are the sandwiches really that good? I’ve never been there, but now I want to go.

And how do you feel about Chuck E Cheese play structures? Ha ha.

Comments

Rene' says:

I swear every we went to Chuck E. Cheese’s one of my kids was sick the next week. I used to make them shower as soon as they would get home. Good luck at your race tomorrow. I will be thinking about you!

Karen Atwood says:

Good luck with your marathon! I know you will rock it!!

Good luck tomorrow morning!!
    We ran 12 for Meg this morning. So tragic, praying for her family.

Erica says:

ah! Good luck tomorrow! I ran my first full today (pats self on back) and now am relaxing in my procompression socks. Congrats to the boys on the race! I can’t wait to get Kay into them. Chickfila is good for fast food…

Jill S. says:

Good luck on your run tomorrow!

Chuck E Cheese…totally grosses me out. I have a 6 and 9 year old and I don’t think the 6 year old has even been!! My 9 year old has been maybe twice. I know. I’m mean! haha

About Spotify- yes, you just join. The first month or 2 is free. If you love it ( you will) it costs $10/month after that. I think it’s totally worth it for spin playlists and other classes as well. And for treadmill and race playlists!

steph says:

chick fil a is by far the best fast food spot. i would recommend it but I havent personally been there in about 5 years. from what i remember it was pretty addicting

Ran 10 on a treadmill today for Meg’s Miles! That legoland run looks awesome! My nephew would LOVE it! And we would have a lot of distractions too… 😉

That PRO Compression tables makes me so happy! I think I would spend way too much money there. Good luck on your marathon! You are going to ROCK it!

mp says:

Chuck E Cheese is gross! Enough said…Your day on Saturday looked very fun. It snowed here!

Good luck with your marathon- I am sure you will rock it. Can’t wait to read your recap 🙂 Oh, and that’s a pretty neat looking bib!!

Stuft Mama, I have a huge favor, I will repay you any way I can if you can go to my most recent post and help me out (: Seriously, I love your blog, you are so really and I really admire your running feats. Would super appreciate if you were able to help me make my blog half as beneficial to my readers as yours is. Have a great Sunday!

I don’t like those kid places. I tried to avoid them as much as possible when my kids were little. It was easy for awhile because my oldest was terrified of mascots.

Jocelyn says:

Have a great race! Run strong and be happy!! We used to take our oldest to Chuck E Cheeses but he very rarely got sick, but we haven’t gone with our two youngest (hopefully we won’t have to)! I think I have become a germaphobe! IMO they are going to get sick anyway, but I don’t need to expose them needlessly. I am so paranoid about getting gastro-enteritis:)

Kristen says:

We call it “Upchuck & Sneeze” instead of Chuck E Cheese. I don’t know if my dislike is due to the germ issue or just that I really struggle with crowds/loud noises. As for Chic-fil-A? It’s one of the things I miss about living in FL. Although not having access to favorite fast food is probably a good thing.

What a wonderful family time – so fun!!!! I hope you had a great race today!

I love that your mom did the race with y’all!!!
    We used to go to all those indoor play places and a part of me cringed every time – I guess we just built up the immune systems a little!!!
    Can’t wait to hear about your race today!!!

Amanda says:

Are those the powder blue color compression socks?? Love the color!!

1. […] it was Grandma’s first time there besides the time she ran the Kid’s Marathon Mile with us we thought we’d show her all our favorite things […]