A National Day and Some Special Deliveries

Well hello.

Did you know it’s National Peanut Butter Day? I just became aware a couple hours ago. I wish I would’ve known earlier as I could have really baked some peanut butter doughtzel balls or the best PB2 chocolate chip cookies or something.

I don’t know about you, but pretty much every single day is a nut butter celebration kind of day anyway. Ha.

I wasn’t planning on running today, but I guess Mizuno had other plans for me since they sent these beauties.

The brand new Wave Hitogami shoes. I’ve been waiting for their release. They are a neutral race shoe with enough support for regular use. Since I love the Wave Sayonara I think I’ll like these a lot.

I did five easy treadmill miles in them today.

I have to say I thought they were very comfortable and I really liked how they hugged my feet. They were also light and fast just like they say they are.

I’ll run in them a couple more times before I do a full review, but there just may be a new shoe in town.

Digging the color though and the cool laces, that’s for sure.

We took advantage of nothing on the agenda for this morning to have a relaxed family breakfast at home.

We are very rarely in the kitchen together at the same time and I must say STUFT Daddy makes the perfect fried eggs.

His and hers on the stove.

His looks so much better than mine. I doctored it up a bit and made a no grain STUFT flatbread with guacamole.

Kind of weird he didn’t want me to make him a flatbread, right? Ha.

I got some other fun mail goodies beside the shoes. These NuttZo treats came the other day (along with the cool trucker hat), but you better believe I put them to good use for the special day and all.

How cute is this shirt by the way?

My NuttZo celebration for Nation NuttZo Day (that’s what we’re calling it) went down a little something like this with sweetener free roasted kabocha.

2014-01-24 15.14.10

Shocking isn’t it?

They’re having a NuttZo special today and there is a little time left. Here are the details.

NuttZo_Pure_Eliz_FB

And, don’t forget that the first 50 people who are doing the virtual run and raise $60 or who donate $60 to the STUFT 60 Challenge get a FREE jar of chocolate crunchy NuttZo.

We got a special delivery from Frieda’s produce too.

These deliveries are like Christmas. Check out these fabulous Frieda’s finds.

Um and yes, not only do they have the best purple sweet potatoes, but they also have purple brussels sprouts

and purple cauliflower.

Who knew? Oh I can’t wait to roast those babies up.

Also in the box were some good looking Asian pears

the cutest Zululand Queen Baby Pineapples

and some UGLI® (Uniq) Fruit and a jicama.

I’m really pumped about these Meyers lemons and Sunchokes.

Never heard of Sunchokes? Me either until now.

I can’t decide what I should do with them.

And you know I love the chiles. Mmmmmm hmmm…

Goodness gracious I better make some good meals out of all this. I’m a little overwhelmed and not sure which to use first.

But……

I do know it’s about that time.

Friday night. Woot.

I’m super excited for this weekend as we have a pretty mellow schedule. It’s about time. Can’t wait to rest and take it easy and you know, clean the house and such. So fun.

Have a great weekend!

Did you celebrate National Peanut Butter Day?

Have any suggestions, ideas or recipes for the produce goods for me? Specifically the Sunchokes or the UGLI? Has anyone had either of these?

What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

Comments

I did celebrate national peanut butter today – TWICE! :) I think every day should be national peanut butter day in my opinion!

Zaneta says:

Wish I would’ve known too!! I would’ve made my PB No bakes today instead of tomorrow!! lol… oh well… I declare it PB weekend!! ;)

amy says:

Did you order the fruit/veggie/nut box? Or is it a company that sends you produce from local farmers?

You get the best boxes! YUM and FUN all in a simple brown box…what could be happier. ;-)
    ****honestly, right now that answer would be SUN and as much as I enjoyed every second of the sun I felt warming my face/body while in Florida I am already missing it and kind of bummed****

I told hubby next year (and every year after) I am becoming a duck/bird rather than a bear. I am flying south for the winter and will shack up in any nest that welcomes me. This bear is becoming too grumpy and eating too much honey I am afraid. ;-(

Meredith says:

Virtually every day is nut butter day for me.. but i celebrated making your protein cookie dough with peanut butter.. SO GOOD.. kind of obsessed

AND took of advantage of Nuttzo’s discount to finally hop on that train :)

Kaitlin says:

I’m so jealous of the warm weather you have to run in these past few months! I live up in New England and we have had such cold frigid air door the past month now that I haven’t been able to get outside, the temps have been steady in the below zero range and it is just awful!!! So please run in the sun for me!!

mp says:

I have been eating PB2 every day! As far as the Sun Chokes go I see them using them on that show Chopped. I can’t find them around here though. You don’t need to peel them b/c the skin is edible and you roast them at 425 for 15-20 min. I would spray them with Pam or something, but others tend to use Olive oil. Oh and cut them to a 1/4 in thickness, and they will be tender like a potato when done. Lucky duck let us know how they are :)

Epiphamee says:

I had no idea it was peanut butter day, but I bought a special jar of PB for my husband yesterday. Must have been something in the air. Wish I could join your treadmill-a-thon, sounds like a great cause!

I am obsessed with PB2. I’ve been grain free since 2 days post marathon almost 2 weeks ago, andPB2 was my go to with oatmeal, but I definitely missed the peanutty goodness.

april says:

i want to eat everything from your produce box – yum! and i need to get my hands on purple brussels sprouts asap! :)

hope you have a fun, relaxing weekend with your family. i’m going down to laguna beach for the night with my mom – so excited!

I love the Wave Sayonara for all my speed work and treadmill runs. Since these have a bit less cushioning I waiting until post marathon to test them out.

Totally obsessed with those new Mizuno shoes and PC trainers. I NEED some right now.

natasha says:

Gosh you lucked out with deliveries…I never get anything in the mail no matter how hard I try and enter giveaways (:

So my weekend calls for a serious “Natasha Day” since I’ve been down in the dumps lately due to miserable cold weather, feeling really run down/weak and a tad bit lonely….thankfully, my order for “Jesus Calling” came today to the local library. Perfect timing, no? Think I need a bit of time with some devotional reading.

Love those sneaks.

Sunchokes…looks like a roasting veggie but aren’t they all. I just tried some bok choy. NIce and crispy but nothing extraordinary. Need to find purple sweet potatoes and the sprouts and cauliflower….mmmmmm!

Have a great relaxed weekend, enjoy!!!

Allyssa says:

I made a microwave peanut butter protein cookie! Though everyday should be national peanut butter day!

LOVE that Nuttzo t-shirt! I cannot wait to get my order…I’ve been throwing the chocolate Nuttzo on all of my breakfasts this week. It is so AWESOME and pairs well with your flatbread. NOM NOM!

Sheena says:

I love PB! We’ve had to limit our nut intake at our house though because around the same time my mom turned 50, she also became allergic to peanuts and almonds and a few other nuts :(