We Made It

I say “we” because I have some awesome friends across the country that did their own virtual runs today (or plan on doing them this weekend) and I had a few people with me along the way today on my 37 miles all for the STUFT 60 Challenge.

And look, I even got one of those ever so flattering “race face” photos around mile 36.5. Lovely.

I’m not quite ready to recap the whole morning event and the run just yet. I’m having a bit of a hard time concentrating at the moment and I’m hoping people will still donate over the weekend so I can reach my goal of $3700. (There’s still jars of NuttZo to give away and other prizes to win.)

So, just want to say a quick thank you to KUSI for their hospitality today, to Fitness Direct for supplying the treadmill (which I was on for roughly 5 hours and 22 minutes), to all of you who have donated and supported this run and the cause for Sixty Feet, to all the sponsors who donated products to win (yes, you can still win them if you donate this weekend- information is here) and to all of you out there virtually doing your thing this weekend. I can’t wait to hear about it! You rock!

For now, I’m going to relax the rest of the night and hopefully have some wine and pizza with the hubs.

Oh and by the way, I got the best birthday gift ever when I got home.

Right? I love motivational mugs.

Until tomorrow……

You stay classy San Diego.

*There should be a story on the KUSI evening news at 6:00 pm tonight and again tomorrow morning. They have live streaming here on their website too in case you want to catch it.

Comments

I am so darn proud of you! Happy Birthday friend! Enjoy your evening with your boys! Hugs to you! xoxo

Kelly Pearson says:

You. Are. Awesomsauce!!!!

Tracy Carson says:

SO incredibly motivated by what you did today. Gosh, we need to meet up! I have had such a miserable time with not being able to run like I thought I could during this pregnancy and thinking about you battling through your injury and coming back stronger than ever before is SO motivating to me. I am already thinking about a comeback race and what charity I can run for. THANK YOU for being so positive, so encouraging, and so awesome!

Congratulations!! I can’t believe it’s already over! What an awesome event! I can’t wait to read all about it – wish I could have seen your interview. When it is available online you will have to post it. :) Have a great weekend and enjoy your pizza and wine!

Melissa Kirkham says:

You are awesome & amazing & all those wonderful things that make running so flippin crazy good. That is all.

You are amazing, Kristin… how inspiring! And I love that last picture of you and the boys!

Awesome awesome awesome! Happy Birthday lovely! :) XOXI Can’t wait to read the full recap.

Wow! That is amazing. Good for you. Get some rest and enjoy your boys and pizza!

Erica says:

Youre incredible!! Congrats and happy birthday!!

Amazing! Happy Birthday- can’t wait to hear how it all went down!

Congrats!! You’re so amazing!! Going to donate now!!

I hope you are enjoying your birthday night!!
    I know we weren’t really racing but we could have been running side by side!! I was 1 minute slower than you (5:23.14) – pretty cool that we paced about the same!!!

Laura P says:

Happy birthday! What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!

Liz A says:

You are incredible! Happy, happy birthday my friend! Now relax and enjoy hanging with your boys! :)

Amy says:

Happy birthday, Kristin! I ran 8 miles this morning and thought of you and your great cause. I just donated to Run 60 Feet now. You really are inspiring!!

Amazing to run that far on the treadmill! Have a happy birthday!

Renee Watson says:

I love reading your blog! You are super motivational, driven, and just a well rounded mama! Congrats on your run. You owned those 37 miles! Now rest up, drink lots of of Nuun, and hang out with your family! :)

Amazing, amazing! Congrats and Happy Birthday! Can’t wait to hear the recap. Truly remarkable. Hope you are feeling well today and have some time to rest!

Happy Birthday again!!! Love the mug!!

Way to go….you have come so far over the year…inspiration?? Well, yes, once again YOU ARE! ;-)

mp says:

Did you run without stopping? Good job either way :)

AmyC says:

Way to go girl! Happy birthday!

Annie says:

Congrats!!! That is AMAZING.

You always amaze me lady! Awesome awesome job!

lindsay says:

you are amazing! heart and all! <3 happy bday and prayers answered!

You are truly amazing. Sending you lots of hugs! (And compression socks) ;)

Tess says:

FANTASTIC!!!! Wow You rocked it out!! Love the news desk picture ;)

Pretty darn impressive- YOU Go! Such an inspiration- enjoy your wine!

You blow me away. WHAT an inspiration! Congratulations!

You’re AMAZING and the last photo is so awesome…CONGRATS! XOXO

Nicole says:

Just watched the interview….so awesome!! Even though you don’t know me and I only know you through this blog, you are inspiring and such a bright light to me. Sharing your stories – the struggles and the glories – is a gift. Thank you for inspiring all of us, and for the great work you did for Sixty Feet! GO KRISTIN!! (And happy birthday!!)

Angela says:

You inspire us all, every day! You’re simply amazing! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday, and fill that great mug with wine (lots of wine)!

Rikst says:

You are so awesome in so many ways! What an inspiration! Congrats on an amazing feat and happy birthday to you :)

SO LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the support you got from friends & family – love the mug – oh love that mug – love the cutie boys with you at the desk – you are an amazing lady!!!! I wish I had money right now – so hopefully when I get a job, I can do more.. HUGS & enjoy your much needed down time!!!!!

Allyssa says:

We share a birthday weekend! Hope you had a Happy Birthday and it’s incredible that you were able to run that much on a treadmill! You are amazing! :)

steph says:

long time reader, not one to comment usually.
    you are truely inspiring. congrats. this is amazing. I actually use you as motivation while training for my second half marathon in two weeks.
    happy birthday!

Christina says:

Amazing! I’m not a huge commenter but wanted to make sure to say congratulations on this! :)

What an amazing way to spend your birthday.