Post Run Weekend Festivities

Good morning. Happy February!

Hope your weekend is going well. Thank you so much for the all the kind words and wishes the past few days. My heart is so darn full of joy, I can’t even tell you and it’s all because of you.

We’ve been laying low over here and it’s been glorious. A lot of down time and family celebrating.

Here are some highlights so far, photo dump style.

Some pretty flowers from Mom and Andrew.

Friday night, post run went down a little something like this.

2014-01-31 20.05.45

Not pictured was the pizza. I did manage to take a shot of the best ice cream flavor ever.

If you have never tried this Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby, you are missing out. Seriously. If I’m going to have ice cream, I only go for the best stuff around. Ha ha.

Last night we did a little family party thing at Grandma and Papap’s.

They sure know how to party.

IMG_2587IMG_2588IMG_2594IMG_2590IMG_2591IMG_2593

Oh and I’m not sure if you know the rule, but you’re not supposed to pick out your own fortune cookie. Someone has to hand it to you. We play by the rules.

We also play charades by the rules (well, kind of).

2014-02-01 20.15.402014-02-01 20.16.132014-02-01 20.02.202014-02-01 20.05.36

Red velvet cake.

It went down a little something like this.

Mmm hmmm. That’s right. It was my birthday.

I did do a little shakeout run on the treadmill yesterday. Slow and short. I’m resting up today and only doing some cardio to clean and test out the new mop. Ha ha.

Yesterday I sat down and for the first time ever totaled up all my miles I ran in the month of January in my little training log (first time ever really keeping up on that too).

2014-02-01 11.02.07

I wrote this on instagram already, but it’s just so crazy thinking about how things have changed the past 8 months.

Hopping on the monthly miles train. First time ever to keep track of my monthly mileage and first time ever running that many miles in a month. Crazy that eight months ago doctors told me I should find another "hobby" and that being a distance runner probably wasn’t in the cards for me anymore. And that just six months ago I was barely getting back into running. If you know in your heart you’re meant to do something, you will find a way. I’m so blessed. And so blessed by those of you running and/or donating for the Sixty Feet #STUFT60challenge this weekend too. YOU are AMAZING! Can’t even express how grateful I am.

2014-02-01 15.44.01

I’ll get a recap of the whole STUFT 60 Challenge up for tomorrow, but we’re taking things easy today and getting some quality play time in.

I don’t want to leave any of you out who ran or are running today for the STUFT 60 Challenge. Leave me a comment here or email me (stuftmama@stuftfitness.com) with what you did and a picture if you want one in the post. YOU ARE AWESOME and I can’t thank you enough for being a part of such an amazing experience.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Let’s get out there and do something remarkable, yes?

2014-02-01 11.03.29

Today and every day.

(Check out the chicken photo bomber. They’re really getting good at that.)

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor ever?

What are your Super Bowl plans? We have a little party at Tutu’s house.

Comments

Jennifer says:

Happy birthday and congratulations on your 37 miles! I ran 14 miles on Friday for your cause as part of marathon training…I hope that you make your goal for 60 feet!

Erica says:

YOU”RE AMAZING!!! Congrats congrats! So happy for you. And happy birthday too!! I didn’t know that about fortune cookies, I will do that from now on. I ran a half yesterday and thought of you. Oh and we had meatza on Friday night in your honor. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Not sure our plans yet – either hanging around here or maybe going out somewhere. We are kind of playing it by how we feel. Got a busy week ahead so lots of planning to get done! Great job on that run – you are AMAZING!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend with lots of down time with family and friends!!!

Sarah says:

Happy Birthday!! And nice mileage!!
    If I’m going to splurge on ice cream (which I do more then I should) I enjoy Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough. You can never go wrong with cookie dough. Ben and Jerry’s is amazing.

Hayley says:

Yay mama!! Way to go!! And Happy Happy belated birthday!! And congrats on the miles!! WOW!!! We are the Millers is such a funny movie I love it!! Enjoy super bowl sunday today!

Denise says:

Happy belated Birthday!!! GREAT job on the miles ! You are an inspiration to all us running moms out there!!

Tara says:

Happy late birthday! Every time I get in the dumps about trying to come back from injury, I remember what you’ve done in just the last few months. Thanks for being an inspiration. You rock!

We’re going to a party with some of my boyfriend’s work friends.

Safeway sometimes has a pineapple upside down cake ice cream, it’s delicious. I also love pumpkin, pistachio, candy cane…oh my goodness there are so many good flavors! :)

mp says:

Not watching football since the Patriots aren’t in it to win it! Sad day here in Boston :( I don’t eat ice cream, but if I did it would be either Mint Choc Chip or PB Cup…

Carrie says:

I ran 12 miles outside in slippery icy pittsburgh today for our marathon training group! :)

Emily Q says:

I finished all 20 miles for my Hyannis Marathon training despite a finicky treadmill that kept timing out-it was the least I could do having seen you do 37! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Laura P says:

That cake and ice cream looks heavenly–I hope you enjoyed every bite!

Today I ran 19 miles (my longest ever!) for my LA marathon training. And now I’m gong to relax, watch the game, make some cookies and just eat!

Have a great Sunday and happy birthday again!

OMG *drool* I have been craaaaving red velvet dunkin donuts coffee all day….your birthday cake looks amazing. I hope you enjoy every last slice of that cake!!! Oh, and holy mileage. That’s amazing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Sounds like you have had a pretty great birthday weekend!!!
    I don’t really like ice cream – weird but true!!! I took 2 whole days off – slug city over here (other than cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, work stuff…..)!!!
    Can’t wait to read your recap of the challenge!!

Catherine says:

Congatulations and Happy Birthday! You are amazing and a true inspiration.

YUM to the birthday plate of yumminess!! What a lady you are!!

Emily says:

Happy birthday!! Thought of you during my half marathon training long run today :)
    Can’t wait to read the 37 miler recap!!

LOVE all the pics of the family love & celebration – you so deserve for not only the running for charity but by just being you!!!!!

Marilyn says:

Happy birthday! It looks like it was a good one. I was just thinking how nice/fun your family photos look.

Amy C says:

I did 4 miles- so proud of myself :)

Nice pour on the wine! ;) Favorite ice cream flavor currently is pistachio. For the Super Bowl I drank too much wine and ate too much food, but it was FUN and that’s all that matters. XOXO

You look a little like Victoria Beckham in the pic of you on the floor (that’s supposed to be a compliment lol).