STUFT 60 Recap Part 1- Your Awesomeness

Oh wow, so here we go.

The only proper way to begin to recap this whole STUFT 60 Challenge is to thank all of you and give a huge shout out to all of the amazing people who got out there are did their own virtual race this past weekend and who donated to the cause.

We’re almost at our goal, but even if we don’t quite make it, we did a mighty fine job of bringing awareness and getting the words out about Sixty Feet and the incredible, life changing work they do in Uganda for the children.

A HUGE THANK YOU for those of you who donated to the run this past Friday. I can’t even explain how grateful I am for the support. It means so much.

And…

check out these awesome friends that got out there and did their thing this weekend.photo

Katie J. did 13.1 miles. She even got her husband and kiddos involved the last couple miles.

20 miles

Emily Q. ran 20 miles as her marathon training on a treadmill that kept timing out on her.

photo (25)

Michelle G. did 8 miles in the snow.

photo

Allie did 10 miles here in sunny San Diego.

photo

Beth H. ran 5 miles.

(Her runs seem like they end a lot like mine.)

image

Dulcy did her 13 miles on a treadmill since there was too much snow outside.

photo

Angela ran 10 treadmill miles.

photo 2

Shelby ran 6 treadmill miles super early in the morning.

Run 60 race shirt

Kim was all business and ran the entire 37 miles with me. How amazing is that? She is awesome and didn’t walk at all. Holy smokes talk about inspiration.not just 23 minutes (it flipped 3 times!!)

image

Sarena dealt with 83% humidity to get in her run.

image

Lindsey ran for an hour.

image

Krista and Kristin both ran 6 miles.

Feb2014

Michelle G. did a whole sprint triathlon (spin class, 400 meter swim and a 3 mile run)

Cathy C. ran a 15K.

Mareike ran 10 miles.

Marti ran her 10 miles on the treadmill.

Carrie ran 12 miles outside on slippery ice.

Jennifer W. ran 14 as part of her marathon training.

Amy ran 8 miles.

Amy C. did 4 miles.

Sydney ran 10.25 miles.

Courtney ran a half marathon.

Kim P. ran 20 miles.

I KNOW I’m missing a few more and I’ll be sure to add them as I get emails, etc.

But….

none of this would have been possible without any of you.

Seriously, YOU are amazing.

We made you some Nutty STUFT NuttZo Energy Balls today.

Okay, fine, we didn’t really make them for you, but if you lived closer we would have. We did eat a few too many though to prep for the big game and all. We’ll say that was for you.

Did you watch it by the way? I caught a few plays and commercials. That’s about it.

My full STUFT 60 Challenge recap is on the way.

Not right now though. I’m still trying to make sleep a priority, so it might take me another day or two. I’m also trying to slow down a bit this week and stress less, so I’m just taking my time on things for a change.

A thought before I go, I totally get that 37 miles on a treadmill is not that great of a feat. I mean there’s people doing 50 and 100 mile races just for fun. It was supposed to be 60 miles, but I just wasn’t ready for that quite yet. And really, it’s not the mileage that counts, it’s just doing what we can for a great cause. It’s not about how huge of a thing you do, it’s just the simple act of coming together to pay it forward and do good in the world. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 mile or 100. It’s the cause and the heart that goes into it. Helping Sixty Feet is one heck of a great cause in my book and this is hopefully just the start of many bigger and better things to come to help those who need it.

And with that, here’s a fun still shot my good friend got online around mile 25. (They kept coming back to me all morning while I was running. Kind of funny. Sometimes I would know the camera was on me and they were live and sometimes I had no idea when they were going to start talking to me again on camera. I had to be on my toes. Ha ha.)

image

How awesome is that guy with the thumbs up? Dang I love him.

I also found a link to the initial interview they did on the news here.

Kristin Stehly Running 37 Miles for Her 37th Birthday

They did a whole interview right as I finished also and I guess that aired Saturday morning, but obviously we missed it and weren’t taping the news. That would just be too smart of us if we actually caught it, right?

Ha.

Have a great start to your week!

Anyone have any February goals?

Comments

This is great! You had a lot of virtual runners for your charity…..also, loved your video from TV. Kind of fun hearing you talk and all….don’t know why? Is that weird? ha! Any way you did a nice job with the treadmill interview. ;-)

Love the interview and the thumbs up picture!!! :) It’s great to see everyone who did the virtual runs as well. SO cool. My February goals are to force myself to run outside (in the cold) as much as possible instead of hanging out on the treadmill and add long runs into my weekly plans again… March 15th is my first half of the year!

Emmeline says:

Fabulous job! Your little supporter is too cute. My February goals are to do functional strength exercises 4 days a week and really improve my core. I’m also trying to be less concerned with pace this month and just enjoy myself every day before my serious training starts March 3rd :)

you are such a rockstar, Kristin!! Amazing!

Well, Tony loves you even more after admitting you’re a big fan of Journey! He loves running to them! I love “The Best Day of My Life”. Such a great mood booster! I’m so proud of you friend. I love that you are doing things for others through your running! Such a great heart you have. Love you friend! xoxo

Also, you are so darn cute! :)

Sheila says:

GREAT interview! Still snickering at the question she asked you regarding how far the marathon was that you ran a couple of weeks ago. Way to go, you rockstar! Now, where’s the POST-RUN interview? ;)

Susan says:

Uh, I’d say that 37 miles on a treadmill IS a great of a feat!! Wow! Congrats to you and all the other runners. Very inspiring. And your little man with the thumbs up is pure awesome.

Jocelyn says:

I just wanted to add my congratulations to you and all of the other runners this weekend! Great interview. I think I would have been so nervous and would have started babbling. Also adorable thumbs up pic!

Love, love, love it! I shoulda told you I was doing 37 minutes on the stairmaster for you. Ha!
    Great interview and while I taped both the 6pm/6:30 news that night to try and catch the teaser for Saturday morning (which they never showed), I totally missed Saturday morning too. :)

Amazingly great job, friend!

I LOVE the picture and the interview – you are so cute with all your little nervous faces! And you got the dreaded “how long is the marathon” question – haha!

Shannon says:

Oh my goodness! 37 miles is incredible. Never say that that accomplishment is not something to be INCREDIBLY proud of! I jump for joy when I get 4 miles in haha!

Michelle Kim says:

Amazing! You are such an inspiration, and it’s great to see all the support for this charity through the running community :)

Shea says:

So excited for you right now! What an amazing accomplishment and an amazing thing you did in support of Sixty Feet! Super motivational for everyone to watch!

WooHoo!!! You are incredible and look how cute you are to run 37 miles!!! Loved the interview – still sort of laughing about her asking you how far your marathon was!! Glad you shared the interview and picture of you and one of the boys!!

Breanna says:

Congrats on your run – that is amazing. I think 37 miles is a really long way to run! You rock. I have been talking about needing to set some goals in February on my blog recently. It’s tough to keep up the workouts when you have a new kiddo in the mix (my son is almost 7 months old now). http://brearunningmama.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-crazy-weekend-and-new-shoes.html

Wow I would have loved to be able to watch you on TV!! Great job I really look forward to reading the recap!

Just awesomeness everywhere starting with you!!!!!

1. [...] like this should be about everyone else: the Sixty Feet team, all the awesome sponsors, those of you that ran and were such a big part of this (I added a few more people and their virtual runs to the list), [...]

2. [...] She ran the STUFT 60 Challenge with us as part of the virtual team and she completed her first ever marathon over the [...]