A Rock Star Concert, a BOSU Move and We Got a New Valentine Runner

Just a couple of things this evening.

I totally forgot to share that the other day I had the pleasure of a fabulous afternoon snack AND a rock star concert all in the comfort of my family room.

2014-02-09 15.29.43

Um yeah, that was a pretty serious snack. Cinnamon roasted plantains, an apple, unsweetened dark chocolate, coconut butter and cashew butter. All the good stuff.

Well fine, if you must see a better picture of all that goodness here you go.

Oh and I read the most perfect thing yesterday in my Jesus Calling book.

2014-02-10 09.53.30

We are always on the go and rushing around like crazy on Mondays so it was just what I needed to read.

Trying to focus on accomplishing MORE in LESS time. Sounds so easy, doesn’t it? Wish it was just as easy to actually do.

Oh and Judah decided yesterday that he was going to take pictures of lunch.

2014-02-10 14.27.17

Funny stuff. I guess I should stop taking pictures of my meals all the time.

I got on the treadmill for 12 slower than planned miles this morning.

2014-02-11 09.52.29

My early morning entertainment was pretty much the best movie ever.

2014-02-09 08.31.04

Who else wanted to be her in this movie?

Followed my run with the biggest café Americano ever

and one heck of a refueling breakfast.

Homemade turkey sausage (turkey meat with Penzeys Spices breakfast sausage seasoning) with egg whites and kale in coconut oil and a no grain STUFT flatbread with avocado. Mmm hmmm.

Taught a quick HIIT BOSU class. Dang I love that class.

Favorite move from today was tricep dips with alternating kick while keeping your knees together.

2014-02-11 12.55.152014-02-11 12.57.44

You should have both hands on the BOSU, but hey, you can’t take a picture that way. Ha.

You can also do these dips on the ground or on a step or bench. They’re fun.

You know what else was fun today?

The car wash.

2014-02-11 13.31.07

Good times.

Okay, so we’ve got some races coming up. Shocker, I know.

THIS WEEKEND we’re doing a family race.

The Coronado Valentine’s Day 10K.

I’ve done the 10K the past two years while pushing the boys in the double stroller (my recaps are here and here).

This year, I’m not pushing the boys for the 10K, but we ARE running the 1 Mile Fun Run together.

Want to know why we’re really excited? We roped Papap into “running” with us. Yep, he’s in for a treat. We can’t wait! Too bad he doesn’t have a pair of Mizunos. Maybe I should try to hook him up.

The Coronado Valentine’s Day 10K is really fun. A lot of people dress up and the course is nice and flat. You can even register as a couple/team.

I’m trying to figure out some cool matching outfits for us all to wear. I bet Papap will really be excited about that. Ha ha.

We’ll see how the morning goes and I might try to jump in the 10K race afterwards.

Oh, and February 22nd is the Women’s Running San Diego Half Marathon.

600x460-sd13-register-e1391779413731-300x181

Use code WHYIRUN4 for $15 off the half marathon registration. That’s a really good deal and is cheaper than the starting registration price.

Okay, whelp, that’s all I’ve got. Time to tackle some laundry (my favorite) and get going on some dinner.

Have a great night!

Please tell me you’ve seen Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

What’s your favorite BOSU move (if you have one)?

Is anyone doing a Valentine’s race this weekend?

Comments

I love doing Bosu ball squats. They work the normal muscles for a squat but also works on my balance. NO races for me this weekend but going to get in some good workouts that for sure!

I love that your whole family gets involved in running!

I haven’t seen that movie in way too long. It’s going on my list of movies to watch on the treadmill. Movies make time go so much faster when you’re stuck inside for a run!

I love many BOSU moves – and I can’t wait to try the triceps dip with a kick!!!

Karen says:

I was obsessed with that movie back in the day! Thanks for the flashback!

Michelle Kim says:

Love doing a pushup with overhead clap on the BOSU ball (round side down- come all the way down from push up and rest on flat side… do over head clap and then push back up. It works everything and it’s definitely my favorite move!). Thanks for the new triceps move :)

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun has to be one of my all time favorites. My sisters and I used to rent it from the video store (seeing how many times can I date myself in one comment) and watch it on repeat!

Kaitlin says:

Running the Run to Chocolate up here in northeast, VT, it’s only a 2 mile race but gets you outside! Supposed to be a balmy high of 22, better than today’s 11 below! Warm weather MUST be on its way!
    Enjoy the family run!

That tricep dip with alternating kick looks like a tough one! I’ll have to give it a try. Getting the whole family involved in racing is such a great idea!

Heather C says:

You watch the best movies…btwn Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Can’t By Me Love all you need now is Adventure’s in Babysitting and it will be complete!

Can I come over for treadmill running/movie watching with you? Followed by your breakfasts of course ;)

Never seen the movie but, I did notice your arm muscles…geesh, I guess those moves pay off!!

Too funny that the boys are taking foodie pictures now too.

I’ll be down in the San Diego area for a race this weekend too! Its not Valentine’s themed but since it’s on the 16th I’m thinking about going with an all-pink/red outfit! I love doing races with my family – we always do a turkey trot together on Thanksgiving and wear matching t-shirts that we design each year!

Lisa says:

So happy for Papap, hope he enjoys it. Just got my kids 20 and 23, and a few other friends, to register this week for the Foam Fest 5k in May. Running a 10k Wine and Chocolate Race Sat and we are expecting a good snow storm tonight. I hope its not canceled, It will be awesome to run a race in the snow. Have a great weekend and Happy Valentines Day to you and yours!

It is hard to take your own pics for social media share – isn’t it.. I have the hardest time so very few of me doing stuff. ;) LOVE the kiddo pics – so cute & YES, kids see & do thus you may have camera bloggers as they get older! :)

kendyl says:

First of all, our (almost) three year old is now adamantly taking photos of his food. I’m sort of embarrassed. So I get it. Haha. Secondly, he saw a photo of your boys and continually insisted that it was HIM in the picture. He kept saying, “That’s me. That’s me”. Hilarious, these little guys are.
      So happy for you that you’re able to run and race. I wish I was running a V Day race but wil have to pass this year. And I’m SO glad I didn’t sign up for the SD women’s half back in August when I originally wanted to, because I wouldn’t have been able to run it. So here’s to a (hopeful) great comeback story for myself! I pray I can be running both of these races in 2015! Thanks for the heads up on prolotherapy. I’m starting to notice improvements and I am extremely encouraged and hopeful, after so many months of guessing, discouragement and borderline depression. ‘God has us just where we are supposed to be’ – has become my mantra and I’m sticking to it.

TartanJogger says:

That sounds like a great race!
    I love the carwash too, simple pleasures, eh?

1. [...] Today’s 44 is a move that Kristin (Stuft Mama) did with her class and showed on her blog.  I had to try it because it uses my favorite piece of equipment -the  BOSU!!!  It is a triceps dip with alternating kicks. [...]