Thursday “Runch” Chat Randomness

That’s right, yes, “runch”. It’s what the cool runners do I guess. They go for a run during their lunch break from work. Did you know about this?

I tried to be cool yesterday and did a little “runching”. Actually the whole runch thing wasn’t part of the plan, but I just couldn’t get out of bed for my early morning run so I little runch after my spin class went down.

2014-02-26 10.25.572014-02-26 10.26.41

Running in spin pants is not the most comfortable thing, but less laundry to do.

Flick of the day yesterday was She’s The One.

2014-02-26 12.14.52

Super cute.

My runch dates.

2014-02-26 10.59.14

Went at an easy pace because my body just wanted to do an easy pace run yesterday. I had to stop at 11.11. Lucky number. Woot!

2014-02-26 12.13.31

Funny that I ended up having another runch date today. Unplanned again, but just couldn’t get up when my alarm went off.

It’s raining here today and we’re pretty excited about it. (Sorry to all you cold weather living friends.)

Instead of getting on the treadmill, I had an egg-cellent mocha smoothie with a a little added kale and Vega protein powder.

2014-02-27 07.41.34

It actually took me quite awhile to get going today even when it was time for the runching date. I even sat on the treadmill for a few minutes. Random.

2014-02-27 08.51.07

Today I ran part of the Boston Marathon course with the treadmill. I just recently saw that it had these videos already installed on there.

2014-02-27 09.23.32

It was so cool. It took me through the first part of the course with narration, police escorts, course information and even some tips along the way.

2014-02-27 09.23.25

How cool is that?

It was over at 3.19 miles

2014-02-27 09.28.40

so I did an additional 5 at a faster pace afterwards.

2014-02-27 10.09.58

My runs have felt pretty sluggish this week, which I’m fine with and have been just going slow. Today I finally felt a bit better.

2014-02-27 08.49.24

I think having weeks like that are all part of training. If people feel good every single week and every single run, well, then everyone would do it all the time and be fabulous, right?

It just doesn’t happen like that. Some weeks you go hard, some weeks you scale way back.

2014-02-27 10.11.30

Yep, same green Handful bra I slept in. Ha ha.

So, let’s see, for those of you (mostly my family members) who visit the blog just to see the boys I’ll let you know what they’ve been up to lately.

They made some pretty cool Play Dough cookies with Grandma the other day.

2014-02-26 22.18.402014-02-26 22.18.48

ON the home front they’ve been busy making a “secret potion”

and a chocolate salad milkshake. Guess they like to make it extra thick. Ha ha.

Our favorite bedtime book this week is this one. So darn cute.

2014-02-26 20.22.47

And our reading from the boys’ devotional last night was awesome.

2014-02-26 20.31.20

They are getting really good at temper tantrums lately so this was perfect timing.

Totally random, but I usually have a two course breakfast. The first course is some type of egg white scramble and the second course is either a baked purple sweet potato or a roasted kabocha boat with nut butter and such.

The other day I got to enjoy my two course breakfast outside while keeping an eye on these two.

2014-02-24 10.17.04

So much more enjoyable with a little entertainment. Ha ha.

I am dangerously close to being out or Frieda’s purple sweet potatoes and the season is over, so you will in fact be seeing exactly how the last few go down.

2014-02-24 10.51.09

This one was with some coconut butter, cinnamon and SunButter and it was awesome.

One more random thought just because:

I bought an US Weekly last week and was so excited about it. I have yet to open it. Dumb.

Have a great day!

We’re thinking about seeing the LEGO movie this weekend. Has anyone seen it? Do we go or wait for it to come out on video. Movies are just so darn expensive.

Do you ever “runch”?

Comments

We haven’t seen the Lego movie and Owen (10 year old is dyyyyyiiinnnnnnggggg!)

I really am the worse mom EVER because I haven’t taken him to it yet. AND did you KNOW what makes a 5th grader feel “out of it”???? When friends talk and talk about a certain LEGO movie and he (Owen) has NO IDEA what the friends are talking about b/c HE (Owen) hasn’t seen the movie yet! hahahhahhaha!!

**guess I am suppose to feel really bad about his situation** not really feeling it though**ha!

Owen has a swim meet this weekend….I did happen to mention that maybe we could go to the movie Saturday night…before 5:30 of course….I am only paying matinee prices for a movie ;-)

CKB says:

The Lego movie was AWESOME! Super cute, lots of action for the kids, lots of humour for the adults, and a great message too. All 4 of my boys (dh & 3 sons) really, really enjoyed it. I did too. In fact, I haven’t talked to anyone who didn’t like it. I’d say it’s worth it to see it in the theaters. Even though movies ARE so expensive. *grumble silly oldest son who had to go & turn 14 and now is the price of an adult and who doesn’t like the kid combos anymore grumble*

I have never really understood the “runch” thing – I sweat like a pig, so that would be a really bad, unprofessional move on my part! But I work from home so no worries.

Sweet treadmill!! I’ve never seen anything like that!

Laura P says:

Definitely go see the Lego movie! Totally worth it. Go to a matinee when it’s cheaper, it’s what I usually do. “Everything is awesome……” Lol. You won’t be able to get that song out of your head.

Amy says:

Ahhh the boston marathon treadmill is so awesome I want that! As far as movies, we haven’t seen a movie in over a year which is insane…but we just saw wolf of wallstreet…good but not exactly kid friendly haha very much the opposite

Also, I love the book your boys read at night that’s so cute.!

Erica says:

I do RUNCH every once in a while! I need a treadmill. It’d make sneaking in runs much easier. Love the “cookies” Let me know what you think of the Lego movie- I’ve heard good things!!

Michelle Kim says:

Hahaha I used to get Us Weekly and such when I ran on the treadmill all the time. Now when I look at it while waiting in line at the store, I don’t know who half the people are (or am super sad that a couple divorced and started dating other people!). Great treadmill runch!

I have a really short lunch break so there’s no way I would be able to get a run in, eat something and get back to work. I’m also not a fan of made up words. When left to my own devices (the weekend) I do tend to prefer running in the early afternoon though.

Purelytwins says:

we just got some new handful bras and can’t wait to start wearing them. just love the bright colors!! we usually like to wait for a movie to come out in video ;)

Michelle says:

My husband and I saw the Lego movie last weekend in 3d and really enjoyed it! I bet your boys will like it; the theme song “Everything is Awesome” will surely get stuck in your head though… just to warn you :) I “runch” all the time lately and love it; I’ve really been digging the midday runs. In fact, I did ~7 miles on the mill at lunchtime today!

That green is SO pretty against your skin! Glad I’m not the only one who sometimes naps in the clothes I plan to run in the next day :)

I could never do a “runch”. I sweat way too much to be able to put my dress clothes back on and go back to work! Plus, I only take a 30 minute lunch. It would take me 30 minutes just to blow dry the sweat outta my hair and bath myself in perfume to go back to work! haha

How do you like the iFit on your treadmill? Everyone I know with it just uses the manual settings because they think the iFit is finicky or too uncustomizable but I’m thinking of getting a ‘mill with it and just not sure.

Krissy says:

I just started reading your blog, I am a runner and a twin mom as well.
    You amaze me on how you do it all!
    We went to the lego movie as a family my twins are 6 and we have a 2 year old, all boys
    We loved it great for kids and parents totally worth it

MelissaC says:

No “runching” here either – I just can’t stand the thought of trying to get fixed back up to go back to work, I would have to take extra time every day it seems.

Love the movie “She’s the One” – so cute!

Haven’t seen the Lego movie, but my 7 yr old daughter is asking to go – so maybe sometime soon.

Bridget says:

Oh I remember the days of my kids making “magic potions!” Never could find any spoons – they were all outside in the dirt!

Tracy says:

I love the word “Runch”… I “runch” often during the week. We have two treadmills at our office and a shower so If I can’t get up super early (which I have to do so I can be home when my boys are getting ready for school) then I “Runch”… that way i’m not taking any time away from the family and using my lunch hour wisely… Have a great weekend! :)

Abe says:

Hey #Runch is a thing!!! Don’t make fun. :D #Runching has not only aided my marathon training, but also helped me survive corporate america. If I can get out for an hour..I come back a new man. :D Oh and I also come back with the #Runchies cause I get #Rungry .

Hope to see you #Runching some more. :)

Abe

Kori says:

We saw the lego movie in 3D, my girls are almost 4 & 5, the 3D was a bit intense for them, I kinda think the movie is better for a little bit older kids? They said they liked it, but they had trouble sitting through the whole thing. Might be better for kids 7 & up…. ?

I would love to be able to “runch”!! I don’t think my coworkers would appreciate me coming back to the office all sweaty though.

Thank you for the reminder that sometimes we have a down week. 2 weeks ago I hit an all time high of 40 miles and last week all I could manage was 25.5 due to time and fatigue.

ps those play doh cookes look yummy… wait… are the edible?