Darn Handles and a Single Serving Paleo Healthy Banana Bake

Why hello.

Some running first. The past week all of my runs have been on the treadmill. I wish I could have done a few outside, but I just haven’t had the opportunity. Oh well, work with what you have, right?

Yesterday was 6 miles. Then I taught a few classes throughout the day.

And yes, I indeed added the song to my spin playlist, but I didn’t actually get around to using it yesterday. Maybe tomorrow. I’m not too sure how well it will go over. Ha.

This morning it was 12 early morning miles at an easy pace.

2014-03-04 08.26.37

They went surprisingly quickly this morning. I’ll give credit to this cute movie one of you suggested awhile back.

2014-03-04 08.21.54

Thank you for the suggestion. Sarah Jessica Parker is just so darn cute in any movie.

So…

I hope your week and the month of March actually is off to a great start.

Our has started a little random, but hey, what’s new.

I’ve been craving egg yolks lately. Weird because I usually just don’t like them. I usually don’t like the taste or texture. Must have had a bad experience as a kid or something. Not the past few days though. I’ve been loving the yolks and topping my normal egg white scramble with an additional egg.

2014-03-02 11.12.04

It makes it so much better. Well, that and a lot of hot sauce. Ha.

I attempted to finally thumb through that US Weekly with breakfast the other day.

2014-03-02 11.24.45

It didn’t really go over so well. Weird that I used to look forward to getting that magazine every single Friday and that I used to have quiet time to read it.

We used our air popper for the first time ever the other day. We’ve only had it for over 3 years.

2014-03-02 14.03.562014-03-02 14.07.04

It was pretty exciting. Obviously.

2014-03-02 14.07.46

It was also delicious. I forgot how yummy popcorn is.

My favorite topping  is melted coconut oil, salt, garlic salt, cayenne and some nutritional yeast. Yum.

This happened the other night.

2014-03-03 07.49.55

Lovely. It wasn’t me, it was STUFT Daddy. He’s the strong one. I’m actually surprised our microwave has lasted this long.

Now we kind of have a matching set of where handles should be.

2014-03-03 13.05.05

Ha ha. Yeah, we haven’t fixed that yet.

Yesterday we made a random stop at Subway on the way home from the gym since I found this gift card that’s been in my wallet for over a year.

2014-03-03 13.29.27

We did not get that Fritos flatbread sandwich thing (even though it sounds intriguing), but we did get some really cool Muppet bags with the kids meals.

2014-03-03 13.38.12

Right? I almost got a kid’s meal myself just so I could get a bag, but Joaquin said I can use his.

Best bag ever!

I’m officially down to my last purple sweet potato. The season is over and I’m not sure I’ll be able to find anymore after it’s gone. I’m saving it, but I made sure to do up my second to last one the right way.

2014-02-27 11.25.04

The perfect baked purple sweet potato with loads of coconut butter, cinnamon and peanut free NuttZo.

I even dressed the part. Ha ha.

So with the shortage of purple sweet potatoes, I created this little banana bake last night.

It was seriously the easiest thing to throw together and it was delicious. There are a lot of variations that can be done and a lot of different topping to pile on top (like nut butter, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.). Now that I know this works, I’m going to have to try it again with some more fun stuff layered on there.

Here’s the basic recipe though when you’re in need of a healthy, sweetener free, grain free dessert or snack.

Before.

After.

So good.

An extra bonus- no microwave involved. Ha.

I have a bunch of races (along with travel plans) and discounts for you to share. That’ll be coming up next.

Have a good one!

How do you like bananas? I’m really picky and like them only when they are still a little green at the tip. And the fatter the banana the better in my opinion. Weird.

Anything at your house missing a handle?

How do you make popcorn (if you make it)?

Comments

Sorry I have to tell you …..I laughed at your expense!!!
    The handles!!
    I mean ~ who pulls off not only ONE but TWO handles on something they use EVERY DAY. Seriously…Laughing Out Loud right now. ;-) Gosh it just makes me chuckle thinking about it. (sorry…bwahahaha!)

Microwave ~ Kettle Korn popcorn is my flavor and manufacturing way of choice.

I like a very firm banana that has barely turned yellow. No mushy bananas for me. I’m also a HUGE fan of air popped popcorn with nooch on it and hot sauce! YUM!

Yum that banana idea sounds amazing!!! Although I prefer my bananas frozen in my smoothies or as “ice cream” I might have to try your idea!

The enchilada sub is AMAZING!!!!!!! I got mine with pepperjack, lettuce, and black olives. I picked it up on Saturday and then went back for a footlong on Sunday as my post long run treat. It’s so yummy I hope they keep it year round.

And lucky you for finding a gift card in your wallet! I love it when that happens to me!

Wow this looks really delicious! I would never think of these things myself. Thank goodness for creative bloggers like you :)

I will have to try that banana bake!

Mary says:

Love those shoes! And those bananas look GREAT! YUMMMM!

lexa says:

I have to agree with Kathy above. The handles are pretty funny. I like bananas to be yellow with a decent amount of spots. I also eat a ton of them so I have strategically buy them so I always have the “perfect” bananas in the house. I spend way too much time picking them out when I go grocery shopping.

We don’t make popcorn often in our house but when we do it HAS to be made on the stove in our Whirley-Pop!

Now I sort of want to have Subway – Frito flatbread? Nice!!!
    I rarely eat bananas but when I do I like them a little on the under-ripe side – if they are the least bit squishy then I don’t like them.

Jillian says:

Um, this banana bake looks delicious. I guess I know what I’m making tonight. Thanks for the recipe creation! :)

katie says:

Well that looks awesome, and easy! YUM!

Your boys are so cute! I can’t believe how big they are getting! <3

Hayley says:

WOWZA! THAT BAKE LOOKS SO YUMMY!

sammi says:

I love my shoes of course

I’m picky about bananas, too, I like them like you do. I usually only buy 3-4 at a time so they can be eaten before going bad!

I need to buy an air popper! For the last several years, we’ve just used the microwave kind but I miss having an air popper – hmmmm I think that’s a cry for a family gift ha ha!

I don’t ‘think’ anything is missing a handle, but plenty of stuff around my house is in need of at leas a minor repair, 4 kids will do that :-)

Sabrina says:

The workouts are paying off if your breaking handles, LOL!! Gotta make a run to the store for coconut flour because the banana bake looks soooo delicious. My kids love bananas and cinnamon so im sure they are going to like it.

Dulcy says:

Funny…we had the same thing happen to our microwave….we figured out it was the angle my son was pulling the door open by. As far as bananas go I’m prettyt good no matter how they are….hahaha!

That banana bake sounds good! I would be saving that last purple sweet potato too! I’m going up to Cincinnati to visit my boyfriend and really hoping the big grocery store up there still has a few left! I like bananas before they are really ripe, but usually eat mine brown. I put mine in the refrigerator while they are still a little green and while the outside turns brown the inside stays nice. I also prefer to eat them cold right out of the fridge.

Amie K says:

Your boys are just so sweet looking. My boys are all grown, one with a boy of his own, I love seeing yours, what blessings. How much fun.
    My husband likes greenish bananas, my oldest likes almost black, well done bananas. My other son and myself like in between. What ever stage banana we have in the house, someone will come along and claim it.
    Coconut flour. That’s a new one for me. This recipe Looks simple and good. Thanks for posting this. I’ll need to try.
    No current broken handles. But other things are broken. Always something.
    Popcorn. At the present time, I am buying it pre-popped lite in a bag.
    I went back through your blog and for some reason focused on Kitty. What a good friend he is for you.

Eugenia Byrne says:

I LOVE bananas…some days I live off of bananas (and coffee). The riper the better. I like them almost brown!

I have popcorn every single night-Air popped with a little spray butter of some kind and cinnamon/stevia mix…so satisfying :)

Tara says:

We had that same exact microwave. Until guess what? Yep! So grateful that a friend had a brand new one he wasn’t using that he gave to us. Of course, now we have four kitchen appliances that are three different colors, but hey, baby steps!

I can only say that the pics of the boys & their faces with the popcorn – made my night!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH on the handle!!!!!

YAY so glad I’m finally checking this out! I’m doing the 21DSD right now … except I’m being slightly more lenient with the number of fruits I’m eating, so this looks amazing! Can’t believe I never thought to do that. Thanks!

1. Distractions says:

[...] and we’re moving up in the world because I now have all four door handles on my [...]

2. [...] I love that they have healthy options for kid (and usually some pretty cool bags). [...]