Dressing Up for the VIP ASICS LA Marathon Party

Happy Saturday from LA!

Just stopping by to say hello.

I got out the door about 3 hours later than planned yesterday, but I DID manage to roast quite a few things in the oven.

IMG_2968IMG_2969IMG_2970IMG_2971

All my favorites: baked purple sweet potato, sweetener free roasted kabocha, cassava “fries” and a no grain plantain cupcake loaf style (double recipe).

It’s never easy to say goodbye to these guys. Never.

2014-03-07 13.55.11

That there is my coolio rental car by the way. It has all four handles. I’m moving up the world. Ha.

Did some snacking and Starbucks on the drive up.

2014-03-07 13.57.362014-03-07 14.10.38

Made it to the hotel just in time to enjoy the view for a bit.

2014-03-07 17.17.402014-03-07 17.17.45

We had a fun little VIP ASICS party last night. I finally got to catch up with my good friend Michele on our shuttle ride. Love this girl.

2014-03-07 20.03.40

The party was fancy.

Complete with ASICS LA Marathon décor everywhere.

IMG_2974IMG_2983IMG_2975IMG_2976

This girl can sleep anywhere.

Yep, runners can get dressed up too. (For special occasions only of course.) I don’t know what’s more difficult, trying to find something nice to wear or picking out a racing outfit. It’s a toss up. Ha.

(Monica, me, Brian, Michele and Jess.)

Bathroom selfies at fancy parties are always a must.

2014-03-07 20.33.37

Photo booth pictures at fancy parties are also always a must.

photo

Right?

The ASICS team really knows how to put on a party.

We had a fun little shake out run this morning lead by Coach Kastor. We got to run with some amazing Olympic athletes. Recognize anyone?

2014-03-08 08.56.21

I’ll share more in a bit since they gave us some good race advice I should pass along, but right now we’re headed out to get a little pool time before the expo. And I just might actually go to Whole Foods for the first time ever. I’m a little scared.

Catch ya later!

When was the last time you got dressed up?

Have you ever been to Whole Foods? (I can’t believe I’ve never been. I live in CA for goodness sakes.)

Recognize any runners in the picture?

Comments

michelle kim says:

I go to whole foods pretty often. And how cool that you get to attend a VIP party!

Dena says:

I’m geeking out over here over you being wih Ryan and Deena! Awesomeness!

Ashley L. says:

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSS! Andy Potts AND Ryan Hall?! I’m super jealous. Yes, I know there are other cool people in that photo but those are my two favorite guys in the world! Awesome.

Can’t wait to see more pictures. I know you’ll rock that race! Have fun!

Wow – so much awesomeness here!! You look gorgeous all glammed up!!!
    I’ve never been to Whole Foods – can’t wait to hear about your experience there. Enjoy the pool time – I’m dying for some of that!!!

marti says:

Looks awesome!! Have a blastand soak it in!! You ave worked hard…enjoy the experience:)

I can’t believe you were right there with Ryan and Deena!???!! I am so jealous! I haven’t gotten dressed up in a long time – I guess the next time I plan to will be for a wedding in May!

That should be a game…..”You can call yourself a runner if you can name a runner in this picture” …..I recognize YOU…and then Ryan Hall (I think?!) I suppose that makes me a half runner…ha!

Allie says:

omg…whole foods in my happiest place on earth!!! Good luck tomorrow!!

I saw Ryan Hall this morning coming into our hotel lobby! I can’t wait for tomorrow, but I’m dreading this heat. Good luck!

Erica says:

I always struggle when its time to get dressed up :) . SO…I can’t wear workout gear ? haha. Hope the race goes well!!

I can’t believe you’d never been to Whole Foods! My week is spent divided between home, work, Unite Fitness, and Whole Foods. And I do not work there. My local store even gave me a big holiday bag filled with goodies because they know me.

Have a great race!!!

natasha says:

Looks like a blast and as for Whole Foods…we have like 6 of them near me and I love it! Mostly browsing but I always get a gift card for my birthday from my sis which I try to make last and last….known as “Whole Paycheck” unfortunately.

Enjoy your first time…bring money (:

I used to go to whole foods all the time when I lived in Oregon. I don’t even know if there are any near me these days.

Is it bad that I can’t remember the last time I dressed up? Does a job interview count? Otherwise I think it was maybe a year ago when I went to Las Vegas. PJs and running clothes are so much more comfortable than dress up clothes! :)

Caitlin Elliott says:

Ok I’ve gotta ask…. where did you get the black and nude colored dress you wore for the party Friday night? I LOVE it and you rocked that dress! Beautiful! Best of luck tomorrow, I’ll be thinking about you, spending good vibes your way but I know you’ll rock that 26.2 too!

I like to get dressed up rarely. Don’t get me wrong, I like putting on real clothes occasionally, but dressing up..eh. Looks like you had too much fun! I love it! Hugs to you friend! xoxo

1. [...] already blabbed enough about the party, the crew we got to run with and some other random highlights from the weekend so let’s talk [...]

2. [...] * Anne – FANNEtastic  Food * Monica – Run Eat Repeat * Beth – Shut Up and Run * Kristen – StuftMama * Ryan – Set the Pace * Mark – Marathonomy * Michelle – NYCRunningMama * Jess – Race Pace [...]